Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request: tommy gun esque weapon

lightdragon64

i have always wanted a weapon in game that has a similar shape/feel to a Thompson sub machine gun by far one of my favorite weapons (would love to get my hands on one IRL but don't feel like paying 20k$)

so a rough concept but here's the idea, there are 2 variants of tommyguns in real life and i was thinking there could be a way to make them both happen on the same weapon in game.

if this were to happen in game i'd say the default model would look like this.

9fCHSvX.jpg

with a mag by default of 25 rounds and okay recoil

but when adding mods like extended mag and stabilizer it would change the mag to a drum mag and the grip to a vertical grip like this.

eMUluaV.jpg

when it has extended mag it would give the model a round drum mag look.

and when stabilizer is on it gives the gun a vertical grip.

however i think that this gun should also have the ability to have the stock removed, in this case you can equip the gun in either the primary or secondary slots, the difference being that the secondary slot has more recoil and no stock and look somewhat like this.

Gt2xzLi.jpg

also to note if it is already equipped in the primary slot it can't be equiped in the secondary slot and vice versa (can't use the same gun in two different places). drum mag and grip changes would still apply with secondary versions of the mods

all in all if modeled after the tenno style i think this would make a fine addition to the game.

overall along with a garand rifle the tommy gun is the main weapon i want to see added in game.

when i get back home next week i'll try to come up with some concept art for the weapon otherwise tell me what you think

Edited by lightdragon64

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Zenith

A full auto rifle with mostly slash damage that cuts enemies to pieces, just like a Chicago Typewriter.

I look forward to fitting mine with primed shred in 40 days.

Zenith looks and feels nothing like a Thompson, and last time i checked a .45 cal bullet does more puncture damage than slashing. more likely to turn foes into swiss cheese than ribbons 

8 minutes ago, lightdragon64 said:

Zenith looks and feels nothing like a Thompson, and last time i checked a .45 cal bullet does more puncture damage than slashing. more likely to turn foes into swiss cheese than ribbons 

But but but...the Thompson was known for cutting its victims in half.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

But but but...the Thompson was known for cutting its victims in half.

what thompson are you talking about? the only way i could see it happening is if you were to shoot somebody constantly in a straight line... which any high calibur weapon would be capable of doing.

1 minute ago, lightdragon64 said:

what thompson are you talking about? the only way i could see it happening is if you were to shoot somebody constantly in a straight line... which any high calibur weapon would be capable of doing.

History

The St. Valentine's Day massacre.

Although the gangsters went through nine ammo drums.