Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Secoundaries

Aguli

Question

After a long time ive decided to start maxing up secoundary weapons, so here's my question about them , are they worth it? Mainly i think of using it into mesa, but it also might be usefull in normal game

Pox - i do see large aoe toxic damage which is great , but damage is very low, same as ammo, but from other side pepole say its good (atleast for events)

Despair - not much to say, didnt played it a long long time.

Brakk- i dont even have it yet, (and no i dont need shotgun)

Vaykor Marelok -okay weapon (w/o forma), currently used for mesa 

Synoid Gammacor - its still dead after nerf it supose

Hikou Prime - heard it is good.

I think of recrafting lex p(or aklex) and akstilleto p, since they should be good, 

Edited by Aguli

8 answers to this question

There are a few secondaries that can outdamage most primary weapons :/

Akstiletto prime, Pandero, Euphona prime, and some others.

I recommend the Pandero with Mesa btw, the build for peacemaker fits perfectly on it.

Edited by Airwolfen

The most popular weapons atm are:

Lex prime  - puncture based Deagle, hits very hard but small mag and fire rate. (Aklex have higher fire rate and 2x the mag for about 1.5x the reload, but more recoil).

Vaykor marelok  - impact based easier to use lex with better status and larger mag at the cost of damage. Healing syndicate proc that opens enemies for finishers.

Euphona prime    - can be modded for Insane crit damage or 100% shotgun status, but not both at once. overall small mag, long reload, and very very high damage.

Pox                     - status king, perfect for chokepoints

Akstiletto prime     - great status and decent crit, combined with superb handling.

Synoid gammacor   - still very good dps, but now needs ammo management. Energy restoring syndicate proc.

Hikou prime            - usually built with a concealed explosive build for melting crowds, but watch out for the selfdamage.

Twin Grakata         - if you want Dakka, these are the guns for you. insane burst dps with loads of crit and status, but requires trigger disipline due to the ablity to shoot out your mag  in less time than it takes to reload.

Telos akbolto        - good allrounders, semi-auto fire that can be bound to mouse wheel for super-fast firerate. Think a boltor with higher damage, and a smaller mag. have a handy syndicate proc that heals you and gasses enemies (gas AoE makes it very effective on crowds). Travel time.

Sonicor              - Tenno space program.... basically good AoE CC, but range limited. has potential for insane ragdoll if modded for status and blast.

Pandero            - A "fan the hammer" alt-fire and good crit makes this your classic wild-west revolver. It is everything the vasto prime should have been.

Staticor            - good AoE damage combined with liberal radiation procs. Think a radioactive sonicor with less CC and more damage.

Edited by Elvangreen

7 hours ago, ashrah said:

just get akmagnus that is my hidden  gem its very good  good status good crit very good ammo efficancy

Hey dont forget the low recoil. You just aim for the head and shoot over and over. I would love an Akmagnus Prime

6 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

...I recommend the Pandero with Mesa btw, the build for peacemaker fits perfectly on it.

Keep in mind that using dual secondaries adds fire rate through Mesa's passive which benefits Peacemaker.  Many people like using dual secondaries for that reason.  If the increased fire rate is something you're interested in I'd recommend Akstiletto Prime.  You can also try Dual Toxocysts and see if the change in your playstyle to accommodate the fire rate buff from those is something you like.

My all-time favorite is Akstiletto Prime, despite it being a bit of a pain to farm (BP + Link, +2x Barrel +2x Receiver, 6 Prime parts in total). When modded for Corrosive damage will simply shred any target you can encounter outside of level 150+ endurance runs in well under one clip. Negligible reload time, impressive accuracy, crit AND status. 

If you can get your hands on a comprehensive bundle of Primed pistol mods (Primed Target Cracker, Primed Pistol Gambit, Primed Heated Charge) and slap some 4 Formas on it, Akstiletto Prime becomes a true beast, OP in every sense of the word. It's like having a Soma Prime in each hand. The only downside is that you'll probably have to stick to Carrier for endless missions with this one, as it doesn't have the best ammo efficiency. Nothing that warrants wasting a mod slot on an Ammo Mutation mod, mind you, but is sure eats those ammo reserves fast, so Ammo Case is a very welcome addition to your kit. 

Edited by Reifnir

2 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Hey dont forget the low recoil. You just aim for the head and shoot over and over. I would love an Akmagnus Prime

yes its really good i have 2 god tier riven for it..