The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with a Skana riven!!

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

I'm currently stuck in the rerolling screen because I can't choose between the following 2 Riven mods to be used on Skana Prime:

+134,4% Toxin

+272.3% damage

-36,8% damage to Corpus

+105,9% Electricity

+170% damage

+68,6% Attack Speed

-38,8% damage to Infested

Now, the raw damage and elemental damage in the first one is sweet and insanely high, though I'm not a huge fun of the -grineer/corpus dmg; the second one, while being clearly less powerful on raw damage, has that sweet attack speed with an insanely high value.

I tried with WF builder but since there's no option for melee Riven yet, I edited the base stats of a blank melee weapon trying to replicate the base stats with both Rivens; unless I did something wrong, the second one seems quite better, but since I'm not a math pro, I wanted to ask some opinions about this!

What do you think??

7 answers to this question

Just now, Husla said:

2nd is better. Think of attack speed like fire rate or reload. but toxin is more useful than electricity unless you only plan to use corrosive.

Yea Toxin is the best element in my opinion, though I guess I could use Corrosive against Grineer and Infested(+Heat) and Magnetic against Corpus.

So you think that the attack speed is enough to balance the less raw damage and weaker elemental?

I would say the first option is better, personally.

You are looking at a Toxin which bypasses shields.  Plus if you're a normal player, you're more likely to use melee against Infested than Corpus, so I wouldn't want to lose 38% to them.  Since the Corpus mostly rely on shields as well, losing that 36% to them is not a major loss when you factor in Toxin and the fact it'll pass their shields anyway. 

I mean yeah the speed boost is nice - but short of doing the math myself, I'm not sure it's enough to bypass some near 130%ish more damage.

I'm not really sure what the guy above means "toxin is more useful than electricity unless you only plan to use corrosive."
Corrosive is made up of both Toxic and Electricity - so if you use Corrosive it wouldn't matter which side to go for.

The only question to be asked here is what's better 60% attack speed, or 130% more damage - my vote is on the damage.

All I know for sure is 55% from R10 Primed Fury brings the base DPS from 37 to 46, which is overall insignificant compared to what 135% from R8 Primed Pressure Point would. (37 to 70).  I used these two mods because they're the ones that come closest to what we're trying to compare - Damage wins by almost double the score.  

I think there's no two ways about it, the first option is better.  I did these numbers using Warframe builder - which sadly doesn't have Riven for melee yet (atleast that I could work out.)

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

:inlove: I like the first one 

I dont need extra speed if you can use Berserker and Primed Fury and there are warframes that can buff the melee speed aswell to get that extra speed

Like Volt!

do you realy need that extreem speed .. realy for the same effect as with low speed and high damage 

no i can use certain combi to achieve the same amount of kills and how fast an enemy can be killed

are you an group killer or more an assasin person

do you kill more with elements or with physical damage .. allot of factors can be vieuwd

but in the end ill take the highest damage

but this is how i see it and iam realy talking for myself 

Both looks good the second for the attack speed because it alone let you choose something to change the primed fury or you can use it and add a spoiled strike.

The first is good in raw damage and the toxin bypass the shields and you can easily make an armor piercing weapon against grineer. The second good too because of the speed. The negatives are negligible.

Both good but if I were you maybe I would like to choose the second one because of the speed. The better speed can reedem the +100% damage what comes with the first because you can hit more times so effectively you can do a lot more damage. The electrical damage is good for cc too if you have status on your weapon but overall for me looks the second better.

8 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

Both looks good the second for the attack speed because it alone let you choose something to change the primed fury or you can use it and add a spoiled strike.

The first is good in raw damage and the toxin bypass the shields and you can easily make an armor piercing weapon against grineer. The second good too because of the speed. The negatives are negligible.

Didn't think about Spoiled Strike, might actually be an option in this case!