Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free prime with prime will it automatically charge me?

GovernmentSecrets.gov

Question

So the free prime with prime thing is like a demo which awesome, but I'm a bit nervous to use my card on it in case if it starts charging my account after the trial period. I don't really like to use my card for anything out of fear of debt, I just want confirmation that I will not be charged without my okay after the trial.

3 answers to this question

You have to manually unsubscribe after subscribing and collecting your reward.

If you unsubscribe, the remainder of your free trial will still be active, and you won't be charged after it runs out.

Edited by rapt0rman

It's always safe to go back to Amazon prime or twitch prime (Forgot which it is) and just verify that you remove the card from the account yourself.

I'm fairly certain that those kind of membership usually do automatically renew if they have your card info.
I could say no, I could say yes, but in the end making sure that your card infos aren't used after the trial even though you've been told otherwise is the smart thing to do.

A quick search on Amazon prime page gave out this particuliar line :
Note: While you won't be charged for your free trial, you will be automatically upgraded to a paid membership plan at the end of the trial period. For help turning off your Amazon Prime membership upgrade, go to End Your Amazon Prime Membership.