Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With the addition of weapon crafting in development

(PSN)theelix

I wasn't there for the devstream, but I did hear about the ability to maybe create your own melee weapon. But, what I wanted to ask was... 

Do you think it'd be ok to make dual wielded guns, or even single wield guns that are usually dual wielded? 

Say, Dual Gammacor. Dual Sonicor. Single Aksomati. Single Staticor. 

Twin Supra Vandals for Rhino because Rhino + Supra Vandal = MLG

as nice as it would be, I'm not sure DE are going to implement build-a-gun systems yet. it would be far more complex than Blade + Grip + Hilt, you'd have to decide a ton of thigns, such as:

- weapon type (assault Rifle, Shotgun, Sniper etc.)

- damage (type, amount, distribution.)

- Crit chance & Multiplier

- Status Chance

- magazine size

- fire rate (including trigger mode, possibly multiple fire modes.)

- reload speed

- recoil

- zoom level.

they could try a 3-part system ( barrel, Receiver and Stock), with the Barrel part deciding things like damage and accuracy, receiver part deciding fire mode + Rate of fire, mag size and reload speed, and the Stock deciding recoil and Zoom level. the ability to add a Scope if we wish would be nice, even if it's on a Shotgun or launcher (because why not?). this would be as similar to the shown melee crafting system as can be, but it would still be a little more complex to implement, so it could go either way at the moment.

best thing to do is see how making Melees goes, and then maybe they'll look at forging our own guns at some point.