The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dragon Nikana Riven Disposition

Elindiir

Once upon a time, the Dragon Nikana was a top tier weapon, having some of the highest melee damage of any single handed melee weapon... However, eventually it got overtaken by Nikana Prime with stats just a bit higher in every way and lacking the mastery requirement Dragon Nikana has, leaving the Dragon Nikana to be mostly forgotten... However, the Dragon Nikana isn't that much weaker than its Prime version and yet it has a HUGE Riven disposition, something that is quite the contrary for its Prime counterpart, leading to the capability of the Dragon Nikana to be better than almost any melee weapon in the game, Riven or not....

May I ask why this is? Are Riven dispositions directly based on the weapon's popularity among the population that have completed the War Within?

The Dragon Nikana is probably much less widely used on account of the mastery requirement, crafting cost, and the Nikana Prime just being flat-out better without rivens involved. That's probably why it has a higher disposition.

Also, with the way things have been going with recent updates, I wouldn't expect the Nikana Prime to have 0 mastery rank requirement forever.

11 minutes ago, booty_hunter said:

Yes its adjusted via usage statistics. The Dragon Nikana having a separate disposition just screams damage creep...

Or it could be that people simply like the Nikana Prime better.

I hated Nikanas until Nikana Prime. Though that's just me.
The Prime simply looks the best to me, and has the unique sugatra which is pretty cool.

I still haven't gotten over my power trip after dropping 800 plat for a riven mod that gives 227% melee damage and 109% crit damage....

EDIT: I always loved my dragon nikana over the prime for its looks..... I have both, and even a galatine prime, but I still played the dragon nikana...

Edited by Elindiir

12 hours ago, Klavinmour said:

Or it could be that people simply like the Nikana Prime better.

I hated Nikanas until Nikana Prime. Though that's just me.
The Prime simply looks the best to me, and has the unique sugatra which is pretty cool.

No, its just damage creep. the stats are perfectly fine. compared to the Nikana prime all youre losing is 10 base dmg and 5% crit/status and 0.08 atk speed. I would also bring up the fact that Dragon Nikana has 85% block effectiveness compared to Nikana Prime's 60%, but that 25% difference will only be useful in the Conclave maybe. a 5/5 disposition is just stupid with those stats. 

22 minutes ago, Elindiir said:

I still haven't gotten over my power trip after dropping 800 plat for a riven mod that gives 227% melee damage and 109% crit damage....

EDIT: I always loved my dragon nikana over the prime for its looks..... I have both, and even a galatine prime, but I still played the dragon nikana...

I would suggest to refrain from making threads talking about how high some riven dispositions are even though the weapon itself isn't crap. Try to not agitate the community further, the last thing we need is unneeded attention and more nerfs. I'm in the same boat with a DN riven and I don't expect it to be nerfed because "muh balance!" while other contents' balance fluctuate when you look at them.

4 minutes ago, booty_hunter said:

No, its just damage creep. the stats are perfectly fine. compared to the Nikana prime all youre losing is 10 base dmg and 5% crit/status and 0.08 atk speed. I would also bring up the fact that Dragon Nikana has 85% block effectiveness compared to Nikana Prime's 60%, but that 25% difference will only be useful in the Conclave maybe. a 5/5 disposition is just stupid with those stats. 

It might be, but what's the problem? If it's good enough people might eventually start to use it. Then, DE will nerf it due to the higher user base.

Edited by Jangkrik

Frankly, Riven mods are IMO one of the best things DE ever did, better than any cinematic quest... (waits for the hate train to pass) Riven mods seem to do what weapon augments could not... make even odd weapons viable...