The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Vauban Is Destroying The Game

Garompa

Since update 9 vauban's Vortex and Bastille make the game lag for everyone like crazy. Bastille makes it drop to 5-15 fps for a few seconds of its duration.....but Vortex.....vortex has went too far.

Looks like the game suddenly can't handle the physics/ragdoll generated by Vortex in defense missions and each time vauban uses the ability the game goes to hell, and all the squad experiences FPS drops to 0-1 ... I don't have a way to measure the fps, but....seriously, I know 1 fps when I see it....and this is more likely not 1 fps but 0,001 fps actually.

We lost the missions, many times, because of different vaubans.

When I use vauban this doesn't happen, I have also played with a couple of vaubans that didn't happen to produce lag. It looks like it may be a bug that affects some people only but all the squad feels it.

Also, I have had the game crash twice now from this lag.

You might want to curb this exaggeration back a bit, everyone is incorrect and vauban is heavily reducing your framerate not 'destroying the game'.

Anyway to try and be helpful I suggest turning visual options on and off one at a time to check to see if there is something specific that is the issue, might help them fix it and you can play a less pretty version in the meantime. If not then hopefully they will fix it soon.

When I use vauban this doesn't happen, I have also played with a couple of vaubans that didn't happen to produce lag. It looks like it may be a bug that affects some people only but all the squad feels it.

Also, I have had the game crash twice now from this lag.

Sounds like it's one player or the host having FPS issues. When one person/or host has FPS problems everyone elses FPS is dropped as a result. It's their or your (if you are the cause) PC making the problems, not the game.

When I was hosting Void missions I didn't have SLI enabled so my FPS lowered when I load multiple enemies on screen. My teammates said they had started to lag as well. Was due to me so I think this game runs by that system, which is vastly irritating, just like how Splinter Cell Conviction supposedly does.