Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need a crash course tutorial on Equinox

AugmentedJustice

Question

I have her waiting at rank zero. I have no idea how to use her or her two forms etc or what mods i should put on her. If anyone can help me out and give me the ins and outs,  the general jists in lamens terms and In text form preferably here rather than pointing me over to a youtube video or a giant wiki paige. thanks

7 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, AugmentedJustice said:

I have her waiting at rank zero. I have no idea how to use her or her two forms etc or what mods i should put on her. If anyone can help me out and give me the ins and outs,  the general jists in lamens terms and In text form preferably here rather than pointing me over to a youtube video or a giant wiki paige. thanks

maim build- (use day equinox with his 4 on collecting maim stacks in setting them off)erR4Vtb.jpg

Range build (use her night form for a cc build)
xgbCyHa.jpg

Buffer build (user his day form with his 3rd ability to buff yourself and your squad)

HuIFEt9.jpg

Use his day form and keep Maim up at all times with a max range build.  When you have a good amount of damage built up (it shows beside your health) use it again on a large group of enemies.  Also, keep your 3 on with the same build and add in some power strength and you'll be able to buff allies abilities at a per cast cost to yourself.

Pretty much what every Equi user I see does.  That said, you could use the Night form but, realistically, by doing so in the current meta you'd actually be self gimping.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

Use his day form and keep Maim up at all times with a max range build.  When you have a good amount of damage built up (it shows beside your health) use it again on a large group of enemies.  Also, keep your 3 on with the same build and add in some power strength and you'll be able to buff allies abilities at a per cast cost to yourself.

Pretty much what every Equi user I see does.  That said, you could use the Night form but, realistically, by doing so in the current meta you'd actually be self gimping.

Not to answer but to add a question, in the profile video it says switching from form to form would give these abilities/boosts but it diminishes... does that matter or can one run through a whole mission in day or night form? Or does an Equi user need to switch quickly to night and back to day to maintain the day form bonuses?

35 minutes ago, StarMagus said:

Not to answer but to add a question, in the profile video it says switching from form to form would give these abilities/boosts but it diminishes... does that matter or can one run through a whole mission in day or night form? Or does an Equi user need to switch quickly to night and back to day to maintain the day form bonuses?

You lose the bonuses, but whatever, constant switching for that is pretty much a waste of Energy,
simply stay in one form for most if not all of the mission and you'll do just fine
(not least if you're going for Augment'd Pacify which you have to literally painfully build up and is lost every time you switch).

1 hour ago, StarMagus said:

does that matter or can one run through a whole mission in day or night form? Or does an Equi user need to switch quickly to night and back to day to maintain the day form bonuses?

The bonuses are negligible.  Just stay in Day form with your Ult up storing damage and pop it when you have quite a bit stored up and are surrounded by enemies.

1 hour ago, (PS4)HSomDevil said:

While we're on the subject...

I have played around a bit with the Maim build and I'm having trouble surviving at higher levels.

How is that supposed to work out without CC or heal? Something I'm missing?

Kill enemies while they're suffering from the initial stun, detonate, recast, repeat.

It can also help greatly to have weapons that can hit enemies without needing line of sight
(e.g. Ignis, Staticor, Orthos Prime) combined with Enemy Sense.

Plus of course, to have your Squad kill stuff and thus fuel your Maim for you, heh.