Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus Rework - traditional classes

(PSN)bddacres

Here's my 2 cents are revamping the focus system:

The focus system had a lot of potential when it was originally released however with only three classes (if you count vazirin)  being viable it slowly became lack luster at best. 

The focus schools require no real investment. You simply slap a lens on a weapon and procede to slaughtering everything in sight so that you may unlock new "perks" on the skill tree. 

I do think the passive bonuses are a good addition however, making them revolve around a time ability that essentially does a weaker version of what a warframe can naturally do is a tad bit distasteful. Essentially, making the timed ability more unique would be a nice. Making the mechanics refined to a point where the ability is functional in warframe's environment yet, isn't underwhelming in comparison to the actually warframe. 

I do do think there should be a high emphasis on the passives of each schools. Instead of revolving around a timed ability only, passive would naturals affect the players experience. For example, Unaru would give the player a passive armor boost of 10% when fully upgraded so that players who prefer tanker frames can naturally benefit from this school or, naramon reducing the drain for the operators invisibility mode.

Circling back to the timed ability, I believe that Destiny has a decent example of what system I had in mind. Essentially the timed ability would act as "super" attack. Something that you look forward to rather then just poping it once for its passives. For example, naramon   Zenurik may involve an attack that drains enemies of there health converting it in energy.

nice points.

the way i see it is that we shouldnt HAVE to even use our power once to get the passive going (no matter what school we take) with the exception of the 4 instant revives per use of Vazarin's ability.

This would then make it so (imo) the passives WOULD NOT affect the timer of the ability and thus would make it far more worthwhile to use.

Even if they keep it the way it is now where the passives are active upon ability use...the cooldown shouldnt be affected by anything unless its the active parts of the tree (the one that DOES affect the ability) this would make a lot of people actually USE the ability as we wouldnt be waiting a ridiculous amount of time between uses

as it stands, at minimum with one passive, its around 2 minutes before we can use the ability...if we have even more active....well...what is the point...i also really think they should (I cant remember the rework right now) let the cooldown be lowered at the rate of like .05-.07 percent per kill (so we would still have to kill a lot between uses)...again so we have a means of using the ability (either through the operator or warframe..or even using both being manageable to help out..with the operator giving a higher boost)

Edited by Kalvorax

2 hours ago, (PS4)jesuimaneribas said:

imagine we could use all trees at once... game will  break and frames will be ridiculously overpowered...

Only if Focus is balanced to be like that.

I personally don't like being pigeonholed into a strict "Healer", "DPS", "Stealth", Tank", or "Caster" stereotypes. If anything that removes variety. Everyone is just one of 5, there is no individuality or player-specific customization. I would say that my general playstyle for co-op games is 50% support, 20% DPS, 30% caster. Why am I stuck picking only one? How is that representative of the Operator growing in knowledge an being better able to channel all of their space magic?

Yes, if you had Shadow Step, New Moon and Energy Overflow all enabled at the same time in their current state that would be pretty ridiculous, so obviously everything would have to be retuned, but I much rather the concept of a system with true personalization and variety over being stuck with one of five options. The difference between the massive amount of specialization in your load-out with Warframes, weapons and mods as compared to Focus is jarring.

(I know that this is not the point of the OP, but 10% more armor is so useless it is not even funny, if anything I would give Unairu straight up DR passives)

I hope we get a full Focus rework with The PoE rather than just "now you can use guns". 

Some passives are extremely good and almost everything else is absolutely worthless. Im extremely curious about what are the percentage of players who have more than just the usual known passives active specially because the more you activate, the longer will be your cool down.

Its like, hey activate this #@$#@@ here so you can take more time to get the good benefits.