Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beginner asking for best value proposition. Prime Access or Prime Vault?

KoYuT

Question

I started playing last week. Currently an MR 5 player with almost 100 hrs playing time. I was thinking of getting either the prime access or the prime vault to get a boost of early plats. I've read that most of the player prefer to wait for the 75% discount but that is also very rare and random. I am still very confused with the terms and gauging value in the game. I am a bit of a hoarder and would like to have extra slots for weapons and warframes. I do no care the least bit about cosmetics. 

What do you guys think? Do I get the best value from the prime access or prime vault?

9 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, KoYuT said:

I started playing last week. Currently an MR 5 player with almost 100 hrs playing time. I was thinking of getting either the prime access or the prime vault to get a boost of early plats. I've read that most of the player prefer to wait for the 75% discount but that is also very rare and random. I am still very confused with the terms and gauging value in the game. I am a bit of a hoarder and would like to have extra slots for weapons and warframes. I do no care the least bit about cosmetics. 

What do you guys think? Do I get the best value from the prime access or prime vault?

In terms of being a new player, the Prime Vault is your best value here. The Vault is opened for a limited time and once it closes, those items are gone and won't return for a long time possibly. Prime Access on the other hand... Not counting the cosmetics, the weapons and warframe will still be here for at least a year before they're vaulted. You'll have plenty of time to farm them. The Prime Vault also has better gear, and in my opinion better cosmetics. Also not sure if you knew but discounts only apply to platinum purchases and not Unvaultings or PA.

Edited by DarkOmegaGamer

Currently I would say the prime vault is a better option. Say you take just the rhino pack. You will get a very good frame and boltor prime which is an excellent weapon that will last you till the end. 

Even if you take the rhino and mag pack at 59.99 dollars its a better option than the 79.99 dollar Oberon pack. 4 weapons 4 frames. If you get the 75% discount then you can get plat for a really good deal, so the difference of 2625 plat vs 1200 plat won't matter then. Also platinum can be easily earned in later stages when you become more adept in the game and farming relics, void runs are just speed runs which can be traded easily. 

You could just farm everything from current prime vault in game but since u just started paying it might be a bit hard (also it has like what? 15 days left?) so if ur considering buying vault or access id say go for vault

Get the Prime vault 100% ( has the best accessories / armor ingame and good/rare weapons and warframes ) You can get everything in the prime access by farming for at least a year. Prime vault will be gone in 12 days. 

I would say .. do not buy neither. Spend the money purely on platinum. Then start playing from the bottom, with normal frames and non prime weapons. Use your plat to buy slots and reactors. Conquer the star chart, do the quests, try as much different frames as you can. Then you will have much more clear idea what you really want.

You can now buy two nice frames and strong weapons but you may eventually realise that you do not like playing them. Also it is useless to have a prime frame or weapon without fully upgraded mods to fill it with.

16 minutes ago, Bjornel said:

Also it is useless to have a prime frame or weapon without fully upgraded mods to fill it with.

It's not useless.  It's the same as having a regular frame with a few major differences.  

1. He won't be able to get those frames after the vault closes in a few days.

2. The two frames in the Prime vault are somewhat better than the normal ones

3. Fashion Frame.  by getting the Prime Vault now, he is preparing him/herself with accessories/armor for the true end game.  Fashion Frame

4.  the Prime Vault cost is still a much better value overall than just buying plat with the same amount of real money.