Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Freed Grineer Soldiers Indoctrinated as Corpus Muscle

FlashExe

This idea is self-explanatory from the title alone and I think that this would be quite a good way to increase enemy diversity while still fitting into the lore of Warframe.

For starters, according to the lore Alad V initially handled Corpus-Grineer relations.  As fragile as the relationship was, trading existed between the two factions for a time.  Not only are the Corpus always willing to cash in on a good deal, they have been willing to reason with the Grineer (admittedly to a very limited extent).  However, cooperative relations between the Grineer and Corpus could be more easily secured on a more individual basis when not considering the queens.  This is already a possible situation since Grineer can be free from the control of the queens.  So far they’ve either been good (Steel Meridian) or neutral (defectors).  It’s not that big of a leap to assume that some Grineer may have more personal, selfish goals than the rest.  The ‘promise’ of using genetics or Corpus technology to extend their shortened lifespan in exchange for manual labor, grunt work, or security could be a potentially common compromise to encourage a mutually beneficial relationship.

Moving into the gaming implications I would love to see the combination of both Grineer and Corpus technology being used to give certain, specialized units an edge in combat.  Grineer technology is simple, effective and relies on brute force/raw power, and Corpus technology is advanced and efficient.  Be it specialized units like the Nox, assassins like Stalker, part of the planned Kingpin system or maybe even a boss…   a cybernetically enhanced Grineer shock-trooper that relies on both armor and shields, along with some of the most advanced and experimental weapons in the game, is something I would LOVE to fight.  And that’s just one idea.

I actually did up some basic concept art for a particular enemy of this category w/ the accompanying weapon.  Figuring out how mechanized its appearance needs to be (to promote the fact that a Grineer occupies the suit) is quite tough, and it’s even tougher trying to portray that in MS Paint with a touchpad.  Anyway, I hope you like it, or at least the general idea of this post.

OGR39er.png

It's like the Warframe equivalent to Frank Horrigan himself! Now that would be an interesting fight... especially if it spawned as an ally in invasions, muahaha

Big scary brute in high-tech armour. The Corpus really don't have a lot of armoured units at the moment but they'd make one heck of a security team.

Fallout_cb42dd_5456411.jpg

Yeah, an elite security team is kinda what I had in mind for this.  I mean, the Corpus are relatively fewer in number and a majority of their fighting potential is in the form of their proxies.  Hiring on some Grineer soldiers to both protect their assets and serve as additional staffing makes pretty good sense to me.  Actually adding on the tech enhancements like I talked about to the employed Grineer (whether or not they are a part of their economic cult or just mercenaries) is simply an investment for the Corpus that could be worth their while.

Edited by FlashExe

I really like the idea, especially for the kingpin system, of a Grineer using Corpus technology to extend his life. I feel like we could really use some more lore development on the factions, and this has the potential to shed more light on them.