Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Want A Shield (Weapon) Based Warframe?

StryfeXD

So, I'm wondering if it's just me or not... But does anyone want a melee shield based warframe almost like Braum (if you play League of Legends)

I'm saying this because we have a rifle, bow, pistol, punching, sword, polearm, and claw based warframes, so can we PLEASE have a shield one?

Maybe his/ her ability set would have the abilities

1: Shield Bash: Aoe cone knockback that does damage by slamming enemies with the shield.

2: Boomerang Toss: Throws shield like a throwable melee, but knocks enemies down if hit.

3: Stand Back: Enlarges shield into a massive shield that blocks all projectiles/ explosives. Can't use weapons while active. Shield bash and Boomerang Toss require more energy, and take longer to cast, but deal increased damage, and have a wider range. 

4: Aegis Of (insert cool name): Gives all allies in X range 2/3/4 shields (depends on rank) and gives them 50% damage reduction. If an enemy is hit by a shield, they are staggered or knocked down.

IDK. I THINK THIS WOULD BE SUPER SUPER COOL.

Please comment below your ideas, and if you want to see a shield warframe!

2 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Yes, along with the addition of 2handed greatshields. Dunno why more games don't jump on it. Shields aren't second rate citizens.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

funny-picture-cute-turtle-strawberry-hap

YESS PLEASE I WANT THAT AS A WARFRAME RIGHT NOW

13 minutes ago, StryfeXD said:

I'm saying this because we have a rifle, bow, pistol, punching, sword, polearm, and claw based warframes, so can we PLEASE have a shield one?

Forgive me for being off-topic so early, but I'm kinda confused which Frames you're referring to with this list.

Rifle - ???

Bow - Ivara

Pistol - Mesa

Punching - Atlas

Sword - Excalibur

Polearm - ???

Claw - Valkyr

Can you tell me the ones I'm missing out? I'm genuinely confused.

Back to topic, I kinda like the idea of a Shield based unit, since I usually prefer to deny or evade enemies damage rather than increasing my own. So I'll try to give my feedback on your idea

13 minutes ago, StryfeXD said:

1: Shield Bash: Aoe cone knockback that does damage by slamming enemies with the shield.

2: Boomerang Toss: Throws shield like a throwable melee, but knocks enemies down if hit.

3: Stand Back: Enlarges shield into a massive shield that blocks all projectiles/ explosives. Can't use weapons while active. Shield bash and Boomerang Toss require more energy, and take longer to cast, but deal increased damage, and have a wider range. 

4: Aegis Of (insert cool name): Gives all allies in X range 2/3/4 shields (depends on rank) and gives them 50% damage reduction. If an enemy is hit by a shield, they are staggered or knocked down.

1. Personally, I think the first skill should be some kind of identifier, a small taste of the Frame playstyle. A shield unit are supposed to be the one who protect or take the damage, so giving him an offensive ability felt kinda like a miss to me. How about an ability that gives a damage reduction or a Front shield? (Need to differentiate with Volt and Frost, after all).

2. A Crowd Control skill to help mitigate damage, huh? I suppose that could work.

3. Heavily inspired by Braum alright. The idea is the very pinnacle of a shield Frame, so I'm guessing this will be the core ability of the Frame. The increased range on the Boomerang toss is helpful, but I think the increased damage is redundant. You're not expecting to deal much damage with this Frame anyway, so I think a damage increase is not that fitting.

4. I'm confused with what you're thinking with this. Giving allies shield, as in several shields will hover around them like Nova's Null star? The CC this ability gives can further help protect allies, but I'm still kinda confused about the overall nature of this ability.

That's the opinion I could give. Let me know if I got something wrong.

31 minutes ago, StryfeXD said:

So, I'm wondering if it's just me or not... But does anyone want a melee shield based warframe almost like Braum (if you play League of Legends)

Maybe his/ her ability set would have the abilities

IDK. I THINK THIS WOULD BE SUPER SUPER COOL.

Please comment below your ideas, and if you want to see a shield warframe!

The idea is interesting, but the abilities are lack luster to say the least, especially 3 considering that we have Frost and volt.  His 2 is practically Nezha's 2, and since everything throwable in this game in game has atrocious pathing, I`d rather we don't have more than we already have. His 4 is basically Nezha's 3 Augment, but not as good. 

It is hard to make a shield based frame when we already have frames that can shield and do much more. 

2 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Forgive me for being off-topic so early, but I'm kinda confused which Frames you're referring to with this list.

Rifle - ???

Bow - Ivara

Pistol - Mesa

Punching - Atlas

Sword - Excalibur

Polearm - ???

Claw - Valkyr

Can you tell me the ones I'm missing out? I'm genuinely confused.

Back to topic, I kinda like the idea of a Shield based unit, since I usually prefer to deny or evade enemies damage rather than increasing my own. So I'll try to give my feedback on your idea

1. Personally, I think the first skill should be some kind of identifier, a small taste of the Frame playstyle. A shield unit are supposed to be the one who protect or take the damage, so giving him an offensive ability felt kinda like a miss to me. How about an ability that gives a damage reduction or a Front shield? (Need to differentiate with Volt and Frost, after all).

2. A Crowd Control skill to help mitigate damage, huh? I suppose that could work.

3. Heavily inspired by Braum alright. The idea is the very pinnacle of a shield Frame, so I'm guessing this will be the core ability of the Frame. The increased range on the Boomerang toss is helpful, but I think the increased damage is redundant. You're not expecting to deal much damage with this Frame anyway, so I think a damage increase is not that fitting.

4. I'm confused with what you're thinking with this. Giving allies shield, as in several shields will hover around them like Nova's Null star? The CC this ability gives can further help protect allies, but I'm still kinda confused about the overall nature of this ability.

That's the opinion I could give. Let me know if I got something wrong.

1: I mean technically, there isn't a rifle frame, but everyone is using snipers/ opticor with harrow because of the headshots/ energy multipliers, and the polearm warframe is Wukong.

2: I definatelly agree with you that the frame should be based on supporting the team, and reducing damage, but...

A: I think that playstyle wouldnt appeal to alot of players if the frame did 0 damage

B: Trinity, Limbo, and a mojority of the other support frames have damaging abilities as well

3: For the 4th ability, like shield circling the warframe, almost like an alistar ultimate, or a nautilus w (in league of legends terms)

Don't get me wrong, I do really like the ideas youre saying, and where youre coming from, but I think maybe if only his 1 did damage, and was the shield bash, I wouldnt have a problem with the rest of the frames abilities being pure damage reduction / CC

Just now, aligatorno said:

The idea is interesting, but the abilities are lack luster to say the least, especially 3 considering that we have Frost and volt.  His 2 is practically Nezha's 2, and since everything throwable in this game in game has atrocious pathing, I`d rather we don't have more than we already have. His 4 is basically Nezha's 3 Augment, but not as good. 

It is hard to make a shield based frame when we already have frames that can shield and do much more. 

Yea, the frames 2 was kinda patchwork, and I just filled it in, But the main thing with this frame would be the fact that the frame could move around, and block waves of enemies and projectiles from his team. I mean, I guess its kind of redundant having the same types of abilities in the game, but maybe have an augment that reflects half of the damage that the shield takes back at the enemies that hit it? 

On 7/21/2017 at 5:04 PM, StryfeXD said:

2: I definatelly agree with you that the frame should be based on supporting the team, and reducing damage, but...

A: I think that playstyle wouldnt appeal to alot of players if the frame did 0 damage

B: Trinity, Limbo, and a mojority of the other support frames have damaging abilities as well

I suppose you have a point there. But people used those abilities mainly not to deal damage, but to support the team as, well, support frames. Trinity's Energy Vampire gives energy, Limbo gives you pseudo-invincibility, Loki's Radial Disarm to disarm enemies.

So, how about giving it some support potential instead? Give the shield bash some AoE armor boost or damage reduction?