The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 24 Test

DarkRuler2500

Question

I tried it about 5 times in Simaris testing mode but I cannot seem to get it working.

There is one big issue that keeps letting me fail this test.

1.) If i concentrate on the orb i can deal only a bit of damage. I then have about no strength left to kill the maggots/brood mothers.

2.) if i take care of the Broodmothers the Orb repairs itself while doing this effectively resetting all damage done so far.

3.) if i try to do a mix-Up this takes so damn long that the timer runs out before completing it. I had the orb at 25% life once but then timer said "Nope!"

Is anyone else having this issues in the MR24 test?
In my eyes the whole test is a new definition of madness because why even using Operator at all? In regular gameplay this fragile teenager does not deal a iota of usefulness.

8 answers to this question

If you can, unlock your framerate. It increases operator energy regen making the test super easy.
If your PC can't go over 100FPS, well, as far as I can tell this test is to test your PC considering it gets easier the better you've got it, so I guess you're stuck until that system is reworked.

I realized it here, you can see video differences and examples.

Just now, DarkRuler2500 said:

Wtf? Increased FPS increases energy regen?
This sounds like an exploit to me tbh...

It doesn't work anymore, was fixed in one of the previous updates.

I suggest running between energy orb spawns, focusing maggots only when they are very close to you. You can shoot the sphere just a little bit to keep it from regenerating.

I don't think that anyone who has some operator skills has any problem with this one.I used void dash to get to orbs from one end to other and on my way I targeted enemies.Void dashing into them throws them out of map.Test runs are required first naturally to see what's it all about.

2 minutes ago, RistN said:

I don't think that anyone who has some operator skills has any problem with this one.I used void dash to get to orbs from one end to other and on my way I targeted enemies.Void dashing into them throws them out of map.Test runs are required first naturally to see what's it all about.

Trying to do that but I am constantly out of energy with the damn teenager.
I can try to do that but if i try to have some spare energy for dash i deal only 1-2 secs damage with the beam.
The energy management with the teen is horrible.

One for this test very important thing to remember (and probably the reason why they chose Brood Mothers as the enemies) is, that you gain energy for hitting enemies with your dash. Use your beam to kill the Brood Mother itself, deal some damage to the orb, then void dash through all the maggots to get a ton of energy back (this also kills the maggots). Do this while sprinting in circles from one energy orb to the next (don't waste energy on dashing just for mobility). Keep damaging it just a bit while running around to keep it from regenerating, when you're around an energy orb focus on firing at the objective while dodging the maggots. I think I usually had around a minute left when finishing the test. 

Use death to your advantage. When you respawn you will have full energy. You will still need to run around a little and collect orbs. Just try to keep the pressure on the middle and pop the enemies away a few times with the first life.

The way of the Samurai is found in death.

heres how i did it:

always move in a circle around the orb so that you can keep picking up the energy orbs that spawn behind the "cover"

the trick is that, whilst shooting, always leave enough energy left over to perform a void dash, and then void dash through the maggots and the broodmother. (by void dash i mean the crouch+jump ability)

the void dash will destroy the maggots and send the brood mother over the edge, AND a handy feature being that you regen energy for every enemy hit by the void dash (maggots included)