Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you build Nezha to survive past lvl 50?

dead.rabit

Question

Nezha is by far and away my favourite warframe, but I can't take him into high level stuff. Looking for advise. 

There are so many stats that Nezha benefits from, it's impossible to keep everything maxed. I love the safeguard mod and playing a more supportive play-style, running around giving everyone immunity to status effects with a 1600HP shield, I throw out a shield drone (which I shield) for extra survive-ability and dash around the map like a madman with Javlok and Jat Kitag keeping as many enamies as possible cc locked. It's so much fun!

• Playing without Natural Talent isn't an option.
  • I use Cunning Drift because Nezha synergies with every stat.
  • To maximise the shields I go with Steel Fiber & Armoured Agility (450 Armour) with Blind Rage (+99% power strength) to get shields of ~3850 health.
  • To keep costs manageable I run Flow, Energy Siphon and Fleeting Experience.
  • In my last mod slot I use Vitality to give 550 health but this often isn't enough to survive the 1.5 second recast of Warding Halo.
  • Naromon invisibility keeps my damage scaling into high level and grants me extra survive-ability.

Everything below level 50 I can face tank, for anything over that though, the shield feels useless except for it's status immunity, I use my speed and invisibility as my only defence but that doesn't help a great deal in the first 5 minutes or against hit-scan enemies. Over level 100 I can't revive people or capture interception points for fear of being FUBAR and my energy doesn't refresh nearly fast enough for me to be an effective support.

What do you guys do with Nezha to keep him alive past level 50?

7 answers to this question

I'm thinking of swapping out Vitality for Reflex Guard. I know it doesn't work with his shield up but the blocking animation would still happen (which is beyond lame and makes precisely 0 sense)

On 55% of incoming damage I'd have 40% damage reduction; so for those 1.5 seconds of recast I'd effectively have 22% damage reduction on non AoE damage which is additive to my armour of 60% damage reduction. So 82% damage reduction in total.

I don't want to invest 2million credits into such a lame mod though, especially as it's only going to interrupt my frame most of the time for no benefit.

Edited by dead.rabit

if i bring her in some high level defense/intercep i usually prefer to bring a full range/duration build that allows me for cc with the 4th ability, i think quickthinking can help if you get caught with your halo out but i still have to try it (in this case i think it's better run zenurik so you don't have to wait too much for the energy to cast the halo).

Personally i don't like reflex guard, i tried it, and it's useful for what it's supposed to do, but then you'll find your warframe stuck in blocking animation for most of the time

45 minutes ago, dead.rabit said:

Nezha is by far and away my favourite warframe, but I can't take him into high level stuff. Looking for advise. 

There are so many stats that Nezha benefits from, it's impossible to keep everything maxed. I love the safeguard mod and playing a more supportive play-style, running around giving everyone immunity to status effects with a 1600HP shield, I throw out a shield drone (which I shield) for extra survive-ability and dash around the map like a madman with Javlok and Jat Kitag keeping as many enamies as possible cc locked. It's so much fun!

• Playing without Natural Talent isn't an option.
  • I use Cunning Drift because Nezha synergies with every stat.
  • To maximise the shields I go with Steel Fiber & Armoured Agility (450 Armour) with Blind Rage (+99% power strength) to get shields of ~3850 health.
  • To keep costs manageable I run Flow, Energy Siphon and Fleeting Experience.
  • In my last mod slot I use Vitality to give 550 health but this often isn't enough to survive the 1.5 second recast of Warding Halo.
  • Naromon invisibility keeps my damage scaling into high level and grants me extra survive-ability.

Everything below level 50 I can face tank, for anything over that though, the shield feels useless except for it's status immunity, I use my speed and invisibility as my only defence but that doesn't help a great deal in the first 5 minutes or against hit-scan enemies. Over level 100 I can't revive people or capture interception points for fear of being FUBAR and my energy doesn't refresh nearly fast enough for me to be an effective support.

What do you guys do with Nezha to keep him alive past level 50?

He's actually one of my go-to frames for Kuva Siphon and Sorties, because of his skill set. However, my build differs greatly from yours. I don't build to take lots of hits. At most, I build as insurance if I f*ck up and get hit a couple times(or once around level 150). Then, it becomes only useful for its status immunity, which is very useful. My build revolves around his true CC and the only way he can do any significant damage, Pyroclastic Flow. This build gets a little crazy, but it can be tied together with a -lot- of weapon synergies, primarily melee weapons that can make use of Condition Overload.

Spoiler

OJ16ASS.jpg

This build gives you a little under an Inaros in terms of effective health, which is plenty enough to tank a couple shots. But, since you cannot get that health back quite as easily as an Inaros, you're not working on getting shot. You're just making sure those lucky shots don't kill you. Natural Talent is there to instantly reapply your Halo should you take a hit at high level, and it makes casting Firewalker instant. Divine Spears works for immobilizing groups close by, giving you a chance to revive team mates but it's less effective than the core of the skill, which is Firewalker. You get going really fast with that Rush, fast enough to lock down a room of any size with fire trails in just about any mission type that isn't that open map Corpus interception. Pyroclastic Flow will build up an insane amount of damage for which there is not a cap(that I know of), so if you've trapped a good 25 enemies in your Firewalker, which you can do in a few seconds, you'll have a 50,000 damage per second fire trail you can kick at anything that needs it. The amount I like to build it up around 250,000 or so, where no enemy level 150 or under can survive the full damage.

The weapons I like to use with this include the Zakti and Glaive(Real easy to get those stealth multiplier slash procs with trapped enemies), Atterax, the Scourge and any Condition Overload built melee, and the Sonicor or Staticor, also with Condition Overload melee weapons.

Blazing Chakram is still useful in this build, but I didn't build for it really. hit enemies with it and kill them to heal your buffer between Warding Halo casts, as it's a good 1500 effective health that you can take a couple hits to before dying, very helpful when low on energy or in-between casts.

Edited by AtoKitsune

You mentioned naramon invisibility. You should focus on this.

Naramon can effectively keep you invincible. Considering that Nezha has the abilities he does, you could sustain it infinitely.

Get a melee with stupid range. Atterax or a polearm, with reach. The new Guandao seems great for this actually.

Build nezha for raw speed but also range.

Focus on keeping your melee combo up at all times, with his ridiculous speed you will never run out, honestly. BUT IF YOU DO, simply cast 4 with your range, stunning everything enough for you to rebuild the combo for invis once more.

for long runs u dont build frames for to high def cz on high lvl dosent matter.. they can still 1 shot u... just keep naramon up use lot jump tht is life saver... move fast that is....quick thinking.. good duration with some power decent range...  and u are good

I never bothered to min max his build, but Nezha's my go to frame for sorties. My build is a general build (all positive) build so I can use all of his abilities.  I have other builds that focus on speed, range, or efficiency, but this build is suitable for most missions.

Vitality, Steel Fiber, Prime Continuity, Prime Flow, Stretch, Intensity, Streamline, and some sort of drift mod.  Aura mod I normally use either Energy Siphon or Corrosive Projection.  I know people dislike using any survivality mods, but the Vitality's there in case you're caught unaware when your Halo breaks.  I like to play support/crowd control so I normally use Safeguard, but I like to switch it out for Pyroclastic Flow or Armored Agility depending on my mood.  Zenurik or Naramon depending on what weapon I'm using and the situation.  People complain about his slow casting time, but I don't mind so much so I don't bother with Natural Talent.  If I want to cast something, I jump up or get out of the crowd before casting.

I never face tank even at low level.  The keys to his survival are constantly moving and use his powers as crowd control.  The enemies can't hit you if they're constantly on fire or impaled, and by the time they recovered, I'm already far away.  I like to jump into a big crowd, do my thing, and get out again.