Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is it so much to change your alias?!

DiamondPanda

So recently I have had my account for 2-3 years now, I quit the game to move on to some other games that I thought were cool and just completely forgot about my account, until recently I found some friends who also play it and got into it again and enjoying all the new updates! But, one thing is really confusing and I just don't understand at all! Why does it cost so much to change your name or alias?! If you look at the facts here. When you first start your Warframe account you get 50 Plat right away which I think is really cool honestly, but most users will spend that 50 Plat right away, but for those that don't lucky them they get $10 off so that still remains they have to spend $10 into the game still just for changing a name! As for the others that spend the 50 Plat right away they need to spend $20 just to change their name in game, because the Plat you need is 200 and the pack of Plat you can get within that rang is 300-370 Plat (depending on bonus) and that's the lowest, the LOWEST! Now after saying this does not mean I hate this game, I actually love this game its honestly the only game I grind on and really enjoy playing with friends! So hopefully you don't think i'm hating and raging on this game i just think its a issue that it cost so much to change a username. Thanks for reading :)

Suggestions

-Lower The Cost

-Make It You Have To Fill Out An Application To Change Your Name

You can trade stuff for platinum instead of buying it. Mainly i think the reason the cost is there is to prevent scammers and such to change every now and then which makes it hard to identify them.

6 minutes ago, DiamondPanda said:

Make It You Have To Fill Out An Application To Change Your Name

I honestly doubt this solution, until DE gets more support staff. It will take a long time for a simple name change to go through and when you have numerous requests. That is a quite a lot of extra work on top on everything else (and they already have a large backlog to look at).

2 minutes ago, Aeon66 said:

I honestly doubt this solution, until DE gets more support staff. It will take a long time for a simple name change to go through and when you have numerous requests. That is a quite a lot of extra work on top on everything else (and they already have a large backlog to look at).

True, I can see that, but it sucks we have to suffer for people that really do NEED a name change.

5 minutes ago, DiamondPanda said:

True, I can see that, but it sucks we have to suffer for people that really do NEED a name change.

WANT would be the proper word. NEED implies that it actually affects you in a negative way. 

Edited by aligatorno

There are better options to prevent the name trolling this thing is another cash grab.

Bad to see so many peoples with that mentality to pay for everything. It's fine for me then I will sell you my game and I will let you pay for everything with real money. 

Of course with by my all respect and honoring my work what I will do for you.

Edited by Sziklamester

this is why when im naming my alias or characters in game, i choose names that arent memes or filled with x's and numbers like xXEdgeMaster18Xx, i always tend to name them as if im thinking that its ok to be called this, like what i have now, i just got it from my surname

19 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

There are better options to prevent the name trolling this thing is another cash grab.

Bad to see so many peoples with that mentality to pay for everything. It's fine for me then I will sell you my game and I will let you pay for everything with real money. 

That is true because spending $20 is a little too much especially for a "free" to play game. I do understand the scammers and all that, but it still sucks for others who actually want/need to change their username. Maybe we can have 2 usernames 1 for player display and another which is perma and that you can easily see from the players profiles when reporting. the other username which is public view can be changed whenever.

2 minutes ago, DiamondPanda said:

That is true because spending $20 is a little too much especially for a "free" to play game. I do understand the scammers and all that, but it still sucks for others who actually want/need to change their username. Maybe we can have 2 usernames 1 for player display and another which is perma and that you can easily see from the players profiles when reporting. the other username which is public view can be changed whenever.

But as the others have said, you don't need to pay 20$. Just wait for a 75% discount and pay 5$/E and have some left over plat on top, or trade for it. Sell prime trash, syndicate weapons and mods, prime sets, rivens. You`ll make 200 In a day or in a few days, it's not like someone is chasing you and threatening[at least I hope so] you change it. 

1 minute ago, aligatorno said:

But as the others have said, you don't need to pay 20$. Just wait for a 75% discount and pay 5$/E and have some left over plat on top, or trade for it. Sell prime trash, syndicate weapons and mods, prime sets, rivens. You`ll make 200 In a day or in a few days, it's not like someone is chasing you and threatening[at least I hope so] you change it. 

HELP ME THE Digital Extremes ARE HOLDING ME HOSTAGE AND MAKING ME SPEND ALL MY MONEY ON THIS GAME! jk xD thanks for the advice, actually did not know they did big sales like that.

Edited by DiamondPanda

17 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

True but the discount is why validate a cash grab "service" when these shouldn't cost money at all? That is a very nice service I can rename myself. Welp if anyone think this is right then I really live in a pararell universe and all of the earthlings are cashgrabby ferengis.

And as in other thread again the same DUMA. Noone threat you to do oh well of course noone threat you to do but if some person feel they need to change their name because that was bad and feel that is not unique then why they need to spend money on a lutry?

geez.

Edited by Sziklamester

Just now, Miser_able said:

Most likely it's to prevent people from changing their name to avoid some form of punishment. 

There are already systems which count and remember what was the user before. Steam also remember your lasts used names so with this power they could use the same. Don't justify this with the security issues.

9 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

There are already systems which count and remember what was the user before. Steam also remember your lasts used names so with this power they could use the same. Don't justify this with the security issues.

I'm not just talking about official punishments. Sure DE would be able to know who you were. But would the players? Let's say I start acting like a total A-hole in every chat, but not actually something that would be me banned or anything. So rather than deal with me they just tell people they know "don't bother with Miser_able, he is such a pain", seeing this I change my name (because in this scenario it's free) and no one knows who I am. Now the cycle starts anew and whenever things get tough I change my name again. 

Edited by Miser_able

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

I'm not just talking about official punishments. Sure DE would be able to know who you were. But you the players? Let's say I start acting like a total A-hole in every chat, but not actually something that would be me banned or anything. So rather than deal with me they just tell people they know "don't bother with Miser_able, he is such a pain", seeing this I change my name (because in this scenario it's free) and no one knows who I am. Now the cycle starts anew and whenever things get tough I change my name again. 

Your name is pretty miserable (but lovely) and I got what you want to say with that but if just they let you maybe change your name once / half year or 2 times (no need to live with this option) but that is more useful. Or just do the same and ask the devs to change the name if you feel you offended enough by the community. The support any way do this with your mail adress if you lost old one or just you moved on another.