Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Hieracon (pl) or Xini (er) better for farming axi relics?

jdoggyj

Question

10 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

Pretty sure they both have the same drop percentage so it just comes down to preference.

For efficiency, Heiracon is better because Extractors are faster assuming you can keep them powered and protected.

According to the official tables, it's not the same percentage. Interceptions take longer as you said, but the axi relic is guaranteed in rot B and C.

In excavations, you get axi only at Rot C and it's not 100%.

EDIT : I enjoy playing both, and I think changing from time to time is the best way to get them. :)

Edited by Lluid

I find Xini to be a lot more consistent, not just because Axi Relics are 100% guaranteed on Rotations B and C
(while on Hieracon, they compete with Mutation Mods and stuff),
but also because you can pretty easily carry / cheese Xini by simply bringing a max Duration Nova
while I've had multiple Squads that were utterly incapable of defending even a single Excavator on their own :(

Just now, NinjaZeku said:

but also because you can pretty easily carry / cheese Xini by simply bringing a max Duration Nova
while I've had multiple Squads that were utterly incapable of defending even a single Excavator on their own :(

While I'm not arguing with you, I will point out a very simple way to cheese Heir:  Max Duration and Range Limbo on solo mode.  I can pull 4k Cryotic pretty easily with very little issues as long as I'm willing to melee.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

solo

That's not really the solution, though - like, I can carry my own on / solo Hiera with e.g. Vauban for ~a while there,
but the thing is, Hiera is only (potentially) better than Xini if you can always get multiple Excavators running, so you need other players,
at which point you're at the mercy of random doods who may bring a fully unranked loadout but want to stay 'til 3k Cryotic.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

in most PuGs you won't go longer than Wave 1-2 in an Interception.

Dunno, Xini is popular (and easy) enough for Relic farming that that's not been much of a problem, at least in my experience. *shrug*

In pubs, Hieracon.
In coordinated squad, still Hieracon because of it simply being faster and unless you specifically want to only be farming that you can go to Hieracon, do it faster, and be out just as well.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Hiera is only (potentially) better than Xini if you can always get multiple Excavators running,

That's not really true.  An excavation only takes 1:40 compared to a round of Interception taking, IIRC, 4:30 if you hold all 4 points from right at the start.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Dunno, Xini is popular (and easy) enough for Relic farming that that's not been much of a problem, at least in my experience

Possibly the different experience.  On Consoles I find it hard to find groups willing to stay past the first few rounds in PuGs.

7 hours ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

That's not really true.  An excavation only takes 1:40 compared to a round of Interception taking, IIRC, 4:30 if you hold all 4 points from right at the start.

100 seconds for one Excavation means 800 seconds for two chances at Axi Relics, or 13 minutes 20 seconds.
Add in the sometimes huge distance and thus travel time between Excavators and you might easily come to 15-16 minutes if not more.

A "proper" Interception Round takes pretty much excactly 4 minutes, so that's 16 minutes for two guaranteed Axis
(plus also better chances at Neos, heh).

So ... yeah okay, I guess full-Squad Xini isn't necessarily better than solo Hiera, got me there :D

7 hours ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

Possibly the different experience.  On Consoles I find it hard to find groups willing to stay past the first few rounds in PuGs.

Ah. PC Mustard Face wins again woo

Edited by NinjaZeku

22 hours ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

I misread the question.  I thought he was referring to the R1 relics.

I'd still say Excavation is more efficient than Inter.  Especially given that in most PuGs you won't go longer than Wave 1-2 in an Interception.

Ive done plenty of heiracons and we ran 2frost 2nova builds multiple extractors at once. Ill admit its fast, much more movement and since the excavator health is crap, you are on edge (compared to interception i mean)

Its also really good if you are farming endos too.

But if you take relics and only relics into account. Ill say interception will satisfy you much much better. We had 3.2k kryotic extracted and the frustration was only building up everytime a sniper mutation landed on the C rot. Whereas in interception it wasnt R1 but atleast it was an Axi relic every single time in B and C rot.

Also we usually stay for a complete cycle in interceptions too(4 waves or 8). Not just 1-2