Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A build that requires opinions (if you please).

(XBOX)MuffinWizrad

Question

So firstly, blah blah blah it'll all be subjective, I don't play like the next guy, yadda yadda. That done with, I have the beginnings of a build I wanted to put together, perhaps not for super end-tier things, but certainly for fun high-level things. I am planning on buying/trading for some of the things I don't have yet, since I'm still trying to put this together, and that's why I wanted some opinions from the populace before I try to purchase things. Build is as follows:

Warframe: Valkyr (I'm working on getting Valkyr Prime).
-Why? Because I like her a lot. I played maybe 5 or 6 different frames and found I liked her the most. She yells, she uses grappling hooks, she shrugs off damage with the best of them (haly sheet, 600 armor?!?), and temporarily becomes invincible to restore health. A frame for plebians? Maybe. But I love her. She's my bae. My crazy, violent, blood-hungry bae.

Primary Weapon: Hek (Standard, not Vaykor).
-Scattered Justice and Hell's Chamber, as you would all obviously guess. Basically intended to be a big, semi-fast-firing pain-cannon. A few more damage mods, maybe clip size mods, and maybe something elemental? I don't really know how elemental stuff works, so I haven't considered that yet (but would welcome advice on such things). But I love that gun as many do, so it goes in my build. Besides, who doesn't love sawing massive chunks off of an enemy's health with one trigger pull?

Secondary Weapon: V. Marelok or Akstilleto Prime.
-This is where it gets into the weeds a little. I've used the standard Akstilleto and the V. Marelok before. I remember them both doing good, but from reports I've heard, Akstilleto Prime is a mulcher of men. Literally. And seeing as I have Lethal Torrent and Barrel Diffusion maxed that I used to put on V. Marelok, it seems like getting Akstilleto Prime and loading those mods onto it might end up being a better way to go. In other words, I think I should consider buying a set through the trading mechanic. But should I? Please discuss.

Melee Weapon: Rakta Dark Dagger
-Now I understand this might not be the best melee weapon (or even a very good one for that matter), but ever since Covert Lethality became a thing, I've liked using single daggers. They're just so goddamn entertaining for some reason! So obviously I load it up with Covert Lethality, the Homing Fang stance for the fast hits, Gleaming Blight, and something status-y. (many opinions here would be appreciated. As mentioned earlier, I haven't put a lot of thought into the elemental part).

Now, I am moderately attached to my picks thus far, but I might be swayed with an incredibly good argument. Emphasis on 'might'. I reserve the right to be stubborn in the name of fun. That said, some of this stuff I am either in the process of building or am intending to purchase through trades. I won't promise that I'll listen to anybody, but I would appreciate different views/opinions/etc. on ways to make my class a little better or more fun.

Thanks in advance, fellow Tenno!

17 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, (Xbox One)MuffinWizrad said:

Emphasis on 'might'. I reserve the right to be stubborn in the name of fun. 

With something like that why are you even asking us? just play what is FUN !

i play her similarly to you but without the rakta dagger.

hystaria gets the buffs from elemental damage, status and crit mods but is unaffected by speed and base damage mods so covert Lethality has no affect. if you used a different weapon you could get a bit more damage but if Im being honest hystaria does enough damage anyway for it to not really matter out side of sorties and kuva floods.

oh and i like eternal war with a duration build with her.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)MuffinWizrad said:

So firstly, blah blah blah it'll all be subjective, I don't play like the next guy, yadda yadda. That done with, I have the beginnings of a build I wanted to put together, perhaps not for super end-tier things, but certainly for fun high-level things. I am planning on buying/trading for some of the things I don't have yet, since I'm still trying to put this together, and that's why I wanted some opinions from the populace before I try to purchase things. Build is as follows:

Warframe: Valkyr (I'm working on getting Valkyr Prime).
-Why? Because I like her a lot. I played maybe 5 or 6 different frames and found I liked her the most. She yells, she uses grappling hooks, she shrugs off damage with the best of them (haly sheet, 600 armor?!?), and temporarily becomes invincible to restore health. A frame for plebians? Maybe. But I love her. She's my bae. My crazy, violent, blood-hungry bae.

Primary Weapon: Hek (Standard, not Vaykor).
-Scattered Justice and Hell's Chamber, as you would all obviously guess. Basically intended to be a big, semi-fast-firing pain-cannon. A few more damage mods, maybe clip size mods, and maybe something elemental? I don't really know how elemental stuff works, so I haven't considered that yet (but would welcome advice on such things). But I love that gun as many do, so it goes in my build. Besides, who doesn't love sawing massive chunks off of an enemy's health with one trigger pull?

-This is where it gets into the weeds a little. I've used the standard Akstilleto and the V. Marelok before. I remember them both doing good, but from reports I've heard, Akstilleto Prime is a mulcher of men. Literally. And seeing as I have Lethal Torrent and Barrel Diffusion maxed that I used to put on V. Marelok, it seems like getting Akstilleto Prime and loading those mods onto it might end up being a better way to go. In other words, I think I should consider buying a set through the trading mechanic. But should I? Please discuss.

Melee Weapon: Rakta Dark Dagger
-Now I understand this might not be the best melee weapon (or even a very good one for that matter), but ever since Covert Lethality became a thing, I've liked using single daggers. They're just so goddamn entertaining for some reason! So obviously I load it up with Covert Lethality, the Homing Fang stance for the fast hits, Gleaming Blight, and something status-y. (many opinions here would be appreciated. As mentioned earlier, I haven't put a lot of thought into the elemental part).

Now, I am moderately attached to my picks thus far, but I might be swayed with an incredibly good argument. Emphasis on 'might'. I reserve the right to be stubborn in the name of fun. That said, some of this stuff I am either in the process of building or am intending to purchase through trades. I won't promise that I'll listen to anybody, but I would appreciate different views/opinions/etc. on ways to make my class a little better or more fun.

Thanks in advance, fellow Tenno!

I use some magazine, fire rate and reload mods om my hek, i also use a frost mod on mine. I have put a blue potato on it. nearly forgot to mention, i put a maxed serration mod on it which helps alot

Edited by (PS4)Crunchy121

Thanks for the info so far, people. Glad to know I have at least a small idea of what I'm doing.

I'll look into some serration mods for the hek. And if hysteria is affected by melee mods, is there a better weapon & mod setup? Or would the dagger be able to handle most of what I come across?

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)MuffinWizrad said:

serration mods for the hek

Those don't exist lol, pretty sure @(PS4)Crunchy121 meant (Primed) Point Blank.

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)MuffinWizrad said:

maybe something elemental? I don't really know how elemental stuff works

Elemental Mods are massively important to up your damage,
and using the right element(s) against each Faction increases your muderizing prowess even more.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0#Overview_Table

yeM7u2s.png

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)MuffinWizrad said:

You've already got a one-shot monster with Hek, some rapid-fire fun with Aksie P seems like a decent complement.

And just because, gotta mention how fun a 235% Range CC Valkyr can be,
Prolonged Paralysis pulling everything towards you to then taste some AoE pwnage
(e.g. Staticor, Zakti. Sobek, Zenistar, a Maiming Strike Slide Attack, whatever),
slowing down enemies across the whole tile (not quite as much as M Prime maybe but it's nice enough)
and getting even more insanerer range on your Rip Line Spider-Man action, wee :D

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)MuffinWizrad said:

Or would the dagger be able to handle most of what I come across?

I will just be honest with you.  Unless you have the ability to use the Covert Lethality on the Rakta Dark Dagger, the dagger itself sucks monkey balls.  The only true power of the RDD is it's ability to use both CL and Gleaming Blight while looking better than the regular Dark Dagger.  Since you are using Valkitty, any other weapon would be better for her. 

Note: Covert Lethality only works on finishers.

4 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Those don't exist lol, pretty sure @(PS4)Crunchy121 meant (Primed) Point Blank.

Elemental Mods are massively important to up your damage,
and using the right element(s) against each Faction increases your muderizing prowess even more.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0#Overview_Table

yeM7u2s.png

You've already got a one-shot monster with Hek, some rapid-fire fun with Aksie P seems like a decent complement.

And just because, gotta mention how fun a 235% Range CC Valkyr can be,
Prolonged Paralysis pulling everything towards you to then taste some AoE pwnage
(e.g. Staticor, Zakti. Sobek, Zenistar, a Maiming Strike Slide Attack, whatever),
slowing down enemies across the whole tile (not quite as much as M Prime maybe but it's nice enough)
and getting even more insanerer range on your Rip Line Spider-Man action, wee :D

I remember it was a damage mod but im not sure of its name

8 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Valkyr's Paralysis (is dirt cheap to spam and) opens enemies up to Finishers, though.

I wasn't exactly sure if it did that.  I will have to see how well it works with RDD when I get home from work.  As to how good it is with Hysteria, is still kind suspect to me.  

Cool to find out something new either way.  :D

Edit:  Just got done testing Valkry's Paralysis with RDD.  It doesn't work.  The enemies are stunned, but not opened up for finishers.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
additional info

14 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

The days of perma-Hysteria Valkyr are pretty much over,
now you're supposed to be / better off using her 4 more sparingly.

Hehe, that's why my Valkitty Prime is a Eternal Warcry/Prolonged Paralysis build.  It's just so stylishly fun to me.  Granted it is the exact opposite of how I normally play.  :D

Thanks for more input. I've been successfully swayed towards the Akstilleto Prime.

I'm still thinking I might keep the Rakta Dark Dagger for funsies, but assuming I do want to get a serious melee weapon for serious business, what would the populace suggest? Other than the Zenistar, of course. I can work on that, but unlocking that is gonna take a hell of a lot of time.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)MuffinWizrad said:

I do want to get a serious melee weapon for serious business

Maiming Strike Primed Reach Orthos Prime (wee) and Atterax are pretty popular / OP, heh.

Though to best synergize with (the occasional) Hysteria, you might want a non-MS Crit build on your (Crit) Melee,
e.g. Galatine / Nikana Prime / Fragor / Venka Prime, Dark Split-Sword (Dual Swords mode), Ack & Brunt, non-MS Atterax.

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)MuffinWizrad said:

Thanks for more input. I've been successfully swayed towards the Akstilleto Prime.

I'm still thinking I might keep the Rakta Dark Dagger for funsies, but assuming I do want to get a serious melee weapon for serious business, what would the populace suggest? Other than the Zenistar, of course. I can work on that, but unlocking that is gonna take a hell of a lot of time.

I can honestly say that the Venka Prime pairs so well with her that I can't help but to assume it was intended. 

Venka prime did look fun... Maybe with the Vermillion Storm mod? I like the fast, 360 degree radial action...

And after looking them up, the crit rate and bonus seems appealing too... Might have to spend platinum for those parts instead of buying the dark dagger...

Supposing I did go for Venka Prime, is there a specific stance that stands out above and beyond the others?

Just now, (Xbox One)MuffinWizrad said:

Venka prime did look fun... Maybe with the Vermillion Storm mod? I like the fast, 360 degree radial action...

And after looking them up, the crit rate and bonus seems appealing too... Might have to spend platinum for those parts instead of buying the dark dagger...

Supposing I did go for Venka Prime, is there a specific stance that stands out above and beyond the others?

I went with Vermillion Storm for pretty much the same reasons you mentioned.  Also with a simple press of the block button, the attacks change to focus more on single target. 

It's really personal preference in the stances.  I tried them all before I made my choice.  Venka Prime due to it's stats and additional combo multiplier can be modded many ways.   It also looks so dang cool.  :D

aE64SVQ.jpg

Wow. That does look super pretty. I think the picture seals the deal for me. Maybe I'll look into Orthos Prime for the eternal slide attacks of doom at some later point in time, but for now I think I'll give Valkitty a few more claws. So now that I have it nailed down more, it looks a little clearer:

-Hek with Hell's Chamber & Scattered Justice.

-Akstilleto Prime with Barrel Diffusion & Lethal Torrent

-Venka Prime with Vermillion Storm.

Any other specific mod recommendations for those weapons that I should know about?

Edited by (XB1)MuffinWizrad