Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do people build "reactor basements" in their dojo?

ldegroodt115

Question

I've seen quite a few threads across various websites saying that people put all their reactors on one level, and build most of their other stuff above it. I've been attempting to do this, but when I try to destroy a hall on the upper floor (they are connected by 1x elevator if it helps), it says that the reactors downstairs are child components. So clearly the reactors take up more space than it seems. Can anybody a, tell me how much space the reactors actually take up, and b, inform me on how to do this "basement" technique? Much appreciated.

13 answers to this question

The "child component" warning isn't because the reactors are larger, it's a warning due to the order in which certain rooms are built. In the case of reactors, you may not be able to destroy the hall (I'm assuming you're talking about a clan hall and not a corridor), it may not let you because you have too many reactors built (i.e. some of the reactors are consuming the 'capacity' granted by the Clan Hall you're trying to destroy).

It may also be because you're trying to destroy the only access to the reactors (Dojos must remain contiguous, and you cannot remove hallways or elevators that separate two larger areas of the dojo).

10 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

The "child component" warning isn't because the reactors are larger, it's a warning due to the order in which certain rooms are built. In the case of reactors, you may not be able to destroy the hall (I'm assuming you're talking about a clan hall and not a corridor), it may not let you because you have too many reactors built (i.e. some of the reactors are consuming the 'capacity' granted by the Clan Hall you're trying to destroy).

It may also be because you're trying to destroy the only access to the reactors (Dojos must remain contiguous, and you cannot remove hallways or elevators that separate two larger areas of the dojo).

I swore they took up more room than it seemed... anyways thanks for the response. I'm waiting to destroy some other stuff right now, hopefully it'll work. 

4 minutes ago, InnocenceProvesNothing said:

Why are you trying to destroy the upper hall?

Reconstructing the dojo completely, it's quite a mess.

Just now, ldegroodt115 said:

I swore they took up more room than it seemed... anyways thanks for the response. I'm waiting to destroy some other stuff right now, hopefully it'll work. 

Reconstructing the dojo completely, it's quite a mess.

Well reconstructing does not work like that... 

19 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Off topic:

This reminds me of the old dojo of my clan, it was probably the buggiest dojo ever. We had a "Room Outside of Space", it was a room connected to nothing, floating in the middle of the void. The leader built a series of hallways and elevators to it, then deconstructed all of them without destroying that room first. The only way to access it was to use the Teleporter in it. Sadly we had to abandon that dojo when the leader accidentally destroyed the spawn room causing anybody who entered to fall into the void and be respawned... where the room should be. He also managed to die in the dojo, and Stalker once spawned in the dojo to go after my head but he couldn't attack.

1 hour ago, ldegroodt115 said:

I've seen quite a few threads across various websites saying that people put all their reactors on one level, and build most of their other stuff above it. I've been attempting to do this, but when I try to destroy a hall on the upper floor (they are connected by 1x elevator if it helps), it says that the reactors downstairs are child components. So clearly the reactors take up more space than it seems. Can anybody a, tell me how much space the reactors actually take up, and b, inform me on how to do this "basement" technique? Much appreciated.

How to: Dojo Reactor Core Basement

Step 1: Get a Dojo.

Ok ok... Enough with jokes....

The "Child Component" Is most likely due to a lack of Available Dojo Space you'd be missing rooming the 2nd tier Clan Hall.

The reactor Basement is pretty easy to build if your starting from scratch. If you aren't it can get tricky.

Step 1: The easiest/best thing to do break every room down until you get back to having the Starting Clan Hall as the only room.

Step 2: Once you are there, build a Cross Connector to the north or south, then after that is completed, build a Reactor Room in the same direction.

Step 3: After that is done, build two Cross Connectors to the East and West of the first Cross Connector, and a third Cross Connector on the opposite end of the Clan Room.

Step 4: After all three Cross Connectors are done, build a Elevator (Up or Down) In the same direction as the third Cross Connect from Step 3.

Step 5: On the other end of the newly built Elevator, build a Cross Connector.

Step 6: Build the Second Clan Hall.

Step 7: Report back to the "Reactor Level" and continue to build Cross Connectors and T-Connectors around the Starting Clan Hall. Basically, Turn the level into a giant ring of reactors surrounding the Clan hall.

Hopefully this helps! I've rebuilt my clan hall at least 4 times in the last 5 years.

Clan%20Reactor%20Level.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

ive never destroyed rooms, is it easy to tear it all down then restructure? reuse materials? 

Head to the room's console and hit Destory Room.

It will either ask if your cool with that or tell you it can't because some other room requires it.

It takes 2 hour to blow up a room and if you just run to every room once every two hours hitting delete, you should be back to the Starting Clan Hall in no time!

8 hours ago, InnocenceProvesNothing said:

Warframe is out for 4 years tho :clem: 

That depends on how early you got into the closed version before it went to open.:clem:

21 hours ago, Arkfall said:

How to: Dojo Reactor Core Basement

Step 1: Get a Dojo.

Ok ok... Enough with jokes....

The "Child Component" Is most likely due to a lack of Available Dojo Space you'd be missing rooming the 2nd tier Clan Hall.

The reactor Basement is pretty easy to build if your starting from scratch. If you aren't it can get tricky.

Step 1: The easiest/best thing to do break every room down until you get back to having the Starting Clan Hall as the only room.

Step 2: Once you are there, build a Cross Connector to the north or south, then after that is completed, build a Reactor Room in the same direction.

Step 3: After that is done, build two Cross Connectors to the East and West of the first Cross Connector, and a third Cross Connector on the opposite end of the Clan Room.

Step 4: After all three Cross Connectors are done, build a Elevator (Up or Down) In the same direction as the third Cross Connect from Step 3.

Step 5: On the other end of the newly built Elevator, build a Cross Connector.

Step 6: Build the Second Clan Hall.

Step 7: Report back to the "Reactor Level" and continue to build Cross Connectors and T-Connectors around the Starting Clan Hall. Basically, Turn the level into a giant ring of reactors surrounding the Clan hall.

Hopefully this helps! I've rebuilt my clan hall at least 4 times in the last 5 years.

Clan%20Reactor%20Level.png

Thank you for the thorough reply! I'll try to see if what I have planned works, and if not, I'll try yours.