Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with TigrisP Build (Elem[Proc]/PureDMG)

Hexecution

Question

So  I came across a really juicy Tigris Prime riven that really helped me in solo-ing hard Index, until one day, everyone questioned my build. So I've been using this built for quite some time, 11.1% less Status chance and 3.1 less accuracy, but quite a bump of damage boost that is vital in quickly destroying anything with a huge burst. Great knockdown, really nice slash to give it a lil' kick, pretty much an all-rounder for everywhere.

MUFDHQJ.png

But then, one day, this shows up:

Me: This [Tigris Sati-scipha] is so nice, one shot everything with [Wukong] in Index solo run! I used only Heat and Cold based elemental mods and reached 46,137.7 Blast damage with 84.1% status chance! Crazy, huh?

Clanmate 1: If you go under 100% status chance on [Tigris Prime], you're a disgrace.

Me: Watchu mean???

Clanmate 2: Opticor rivens for sale! 600 :platinum: each! Negotiable.

Clanmate 1: I usually go corro/viral on my TigrisP with {insert broken +Toxin +Electricity +Damage -Ammo TigrisP riven here}, but rad/viral or corro/blast sounds nice with your riven.

Me: Wait, why? I only achieved under 20k damage with both dual elements! So.....bad!

Clanmate: Go ahead and check out the forum yourself.

Clanmate 2: Sortie 2 have survival with melee only, what a joke.

wLkpVv8.png

So, I'm here. Would someone be willing enough to enlighten me and tell me why dual-elements (rad/viral or something etc.) is better than straight-up COMPACTED elements that focuses purely on two specific elements so much so it scales almost exponentially and seems like it does way more damage? Also, can you tell me if both of these builds are good (I was planning to change Burdened Magazine into some other polarity so I can fit in Seeking Fury because my team told me it's better, but is that the case?) And last but not least, which one do you prefer more? And why so? Why does 100% status chance looks more better than 99.9%? Doesn't all of these pellets have 99.9%, which is like 100%! Why??

Or, you know, read it in bullets so your eyes hopefully won't too be pained by my long breaths

• Dual-elements vs. one reinforced elements, which one is better?
  • 84.1% status chance vs 100% status chance, both are over 80%, which is fine with me. Why do people want perfectly 100%???
  • Is Burdened Magazine good on TigrisP? Is Seeking Fury good on TigrisP?
  • Last but not least, are these builds any GOOD? What's your opinion about them?

I appreciate any responses, thank you! :)

4 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Hexecution said:
  • 84.1% status chance vs 100% status chance, both are over 80%, which is fine with me. Why do people want perfectly 100%???
  • Last but not least, are these builds any GOOD? What's your opinion about them?

1.- for a weapon that has a high status chance I prefer dual mods because you can boost the status chance.

2.- Perfect 100% means that the status will always proc. It depends on the level of the missions you are playing, because sometimes you can one shot enemies without the need of "proc-ing" a status. But for example. if you are playin an enhaced shields sortie you will want that the magnetic status always proc to help remove those shields.

3.- I prefer something like chilling reload (I prefer reloading faster than having more ammo), but it depends on your gameplay style. Seeking Fury is good.

4.- I like last one more, but ill replace burdened magazine with sweeping serration and probably frigid blast with chilling reload. (You'll lose 100% status, but I believe it is not necessary unless you are playing high tiered missions)

PS: You should also remove the names of your mates on the image :)

Edited by (XB1)neoxal

8 hours ago, Hexecution said:

60/60 mods are generally thought of as better for the Tigris Prime because of the way that status works on weapons that have innate multishot.  See here:  http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Status_Effect

A shotgun that fires 12 pellets with 99% status chance will actually only have a 32% chance for each pellet to proc a status effect (if I got my math right).  Once the status chance hits 100% (before multishot mods are added BTW), then every single pellet has 100% chance to proc a status effect.  This is why 100% status is so coveted on shotguns.

Personally, I prefer Seeking Fury for the punchthrough.  Reload speed is nice to have, even though it's a small bump, but being able to hit multiple enemies with a single shot means that each trigger pull can do more for you, IMO.

The status chance on shotguns is divided between the pellets it fires, this is done before multishot is added. Multishot simply increases the number of pellets you shoot. The UI is kinda deceptive in that it's telling you the probability of a status proc per shot which will increase with attempts (or pellets) but not your average status procs per shot. For most calculations the UI is actually useless. This would be your average status chance per pellet between 100% status and 99% status.

100% Status
Chance per Pellet = 1 - (1 - 1.00) ^ 1/8
Chance per Pellet = 1 - (0 ^ 1/8)
Chance per Pellet = 1.0 = 100%

99% Status
Chance per Pellet = 1 - (1 - 0.99) ^ 1/8
Chance per Pellet = 1 - (0.01 ^ 1/8)
Chance per Pellet = 1 - 0.56
Chance per Pellet = 0.44 = 44%

In this comparison, if you add multishot with Hell's Chamber you will shoot 17.6 pellets per shot. 100% Status will produce 17.6 avg status effects while 99% status will produce 7.74 avg status effects. The difference is quite dramatic.

100% pellet proc is sought after in shotguns, esp Tigris because it will bring the status rate to a competitive level with other weapons while still being far better on ammo economy. Tigris being 90% Slash damage at base will also proc Bleeds very often and Bleed damage ignores armor meaning you're not actually losing the damage you might think via the UI. If I recall a 60/60x4 Tigris does about 16,500 avg Bleed damage per shot.

Rapid Status procs will quickly apply Bleeds or Corrosive status which is ideal for dealing with high amounts of armor on enemies.

Basically if a shotgun can't get 100% status it's not going to scale well against armor. It will still function fine against unarmored enemies though.