Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

can i start again?

maxtraxv3

Question

9 answers to this question

You can if you want, just make a new account with a different email address.  If I were you, I would stick to your old account.  Most likely you'll have to do the beginners tutorial/mission anyway if you were absent for four years, and the new junction and star map give you better idea of where to go.   Not to mention you might have some equipment that's not easily available anymore so better to keep playing your old account.  You'll have the same experience as current new players but you'll have a bit of head start with some of your old stuff.

5 hours ago, maxtraxv3 said:

i havent played in a long time(4 years) i have no idea what im doing or how to play, can i delete my account and start again?

wait 4 years

dude your lucky that DE didnt notice you were gone so long because in the terms of agreement/service says 

Your Account may be deactivated if you do not use your Account within twelve months after the date that it was created or for any continuous period of twelve months after creation. If you do not use your Account for twelve or more months, it may be removed and deleted by the Website administrator at their sole discretion. We will endeavor to use reasonable efforts to notify you by e-mail before we delete your Account, unless we are deleting your User ID for a violation of these terms or discontinuation of the Service. However, we will not be liable in any manner for any failure to give notice. If you advise us within five days of the notice that you want to keep your Account active, we will not delete it. If you do not so notify us, your Account may be permanently deleted, along with your User ID, records, ranks and service information. Please note that regardless of any notice, Digital Extremes reserves the right to discontinue the Use/Service or to terminate or suspend your account at any time in its sole discretion for any reason, or for no reason.

if you didnt get any email from DE about deleting the account then your fine to start again

9 hours ago, jopos15 said:

wait 4 years

dude your lucky that DE didnt notice you were gone so long because in the terms of agreement/service says 

Your Account may be deactivated if you do not use your Account within twelve months after the date that it was created or for any continuous period of twelve months after creation. If you do not use your Account for twelve or more months, it may be removed and deleted by the Website administrator at their sole discretion. We will endeavor to use reasonable efforts to notify you by e-mail before we delete your Account, unless we are deleting your User ID for a violation of these terms or discontinuation of the Service. However, we will not be liable in any manner for any failure to give notice. If you advise us within five days of the notice that you want to keep your Account active, we will not delete it. If you do not so notify us, your Account may be permanently deleted, along with your User ID, records, ranks and service information. Please note that regardless of any notice, Digital Extremes reserves the right to discontinue the Use/Service or to terminate or suspend your account at any time in its sole discretion for any reason, or for no reason.

if you didnt get any email from DE about deleting the account then your fine to start again

wait, i can understand "for any reason" but "for no reason"?

as if it is hard to come up with a reason these days ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10 hours ago, HisHolinessAardvarkPrime said:

I recall another thread where someone wanted to change their alias but the name they wanted was taken by some old account that had about 30 mins of playtime on it.

was it from winterlynx ?

i sended the same thing