Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Break Syndicate mission trolling

DEATHLOK

Aside from the host migration trolling, another point of contention in Syndicate missions is extraction.

Syndicate missions tend toward boring and unrewarding. The only reason to play them beyond a certain point is to buy Relics with Standing. This makes collecting Syndicate trophies doubly important, requiring players to spend plenty of time picking up all they can.

And then there are those players who insist on rushing through Syndicate missions as fast as possible and forcing squads to extract, regardless of other players' need for Standing.

You cannot argue with these players. You cannot ask them to wait. It is their God-given right to ruin any mission they choose.

I understand keeping players from gaining standing is desirable from a certain perspective, but it has the overarching effect of making the game less enjoyable and rewarding.

So make everyone happy: Once the objective is complete, allow any player to extract after a set time at the extraction point, without pulling anyone else not at the extraction point out of the mission. This would be a new feature for Survival, Excavation, Exterminate, Rescue, Capture, and Spy missions.

I imagine it is difficult to fix the myriad host migration issues already plaguing the game. Why add to that? Well, at some point, someone may figure out how to do host migration without breaking missions. Then you can properly address other aspects of trolling behavior.

Allow rushers to rush. Allow collectors to collect. Allow everyone to get what they want, even when a small minority insists on hijacking the game.

Thanks.

Edited by DEATHLOK

I'd love individual extraction. Usually you finish the mission, get 8/8 syndicate items, get to the end and then there's that 1 guy who just sticks around upping their kill count for no reason.. you try to give them a hint, they won't leave, and then there's that big awful silence, you know...

The way syndicate missions currently function, they are not viable to play in pub at all if you're after the medallions.

When you join a game in progress, whatever medallions the host player has already picked up will not be there for you. You'll get less medallions that way and who knows what tier they were.

I pretty much solo all of them. Only the few interception/defense maps that I know have no medals at all do I pub. (for example Corpus Outpost, Void, Grineer Asteroid, Corpus spaceship)

On 7/29/2017 at 2:59 AM, DEATHLOK said:

Allow rushers to rush. Allow collectors to collect. Allow everyone to get what they want, even when a small minority insists on hijacking the game.

You could just go to the recruiting chat and ask for others who want to collect everything if you don't want to go solo (which would be the easiest way).

The issue raises yet another ugly problem:

Some people want to be able to troll. They don't want their "fun" taken away. They will rally against plans to do otherwise.

Clearly, relative anonymity is the free pass some need to act like fools. Trolling is a problem, not a right. Warframe allows trolling where ever some designer was disinterested or short-sighted. Syndicate missions, host migration, Limbo, and other key portions of the game present opportunities for designers to advance social aspects of the game, rather than perpetuate the negative behaviors holding it back.

Edited by DEATHLOK