Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Sortie or not to Sortie

Glitch_71

I was wondering when I am ready for Riven Farming in Sortie Missions. I have several multi forma'd frames and weapons, including some meta builds. With these missions being public, what is the magic scenario for being ready to contribute and get some riven mods?

From the sounds of it, you're pretty much ready. A few missions types can be done solo and those that you might do in a squad (Say defense) are pretty lenient with squad loadouts. It's not uncommon to not have a single "meta" frame (Such as Frost, Nova or Vauban) in your squad and still do fine.

As a rule of thumb I run with, public groups can never be trusted. Try to be the one who brings a "meta" frame to a public sortie  (Nova is usually a pretty solid pick in any mission type). You'll likely never need more than one "meta" frame in any given mission anyways bar the occasional sortie condition throwing you for a curve ball.

Weapons wise, as long as you can still do some damage in the later sorties/assist your squad, you're good to go!

I just run Hydroid for sorties. You can generally use whatever works as long as you have a good weapon just in case. Ex: Most of the time I'm packing a Zarr with my Cap'n Droid, since you can press 4 and blow up everything, and Hydroid can be useful all the time.