The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Vauban Any Good?

Ashman

Question

Hello,

I was thinking about getting Vauban and I was wondering what are your general thoughts and opinions, regarding this Warframe. Is he any good and does his powers unleash devastating attacks, etc... Thanks very much and I am intrigued to know what you all think.

Thanks very much,
Ashman.

Got him today.. potatoed and leveled to 30, he's really good for teamplay, especially defense missions because his skills are mostly static, they last long in the place where you put them.. some of the skills are quite fun too, placing multiple teslas in the same place then stay behind them and watch how the enemies die whille they're getting stun-locked. If you're more of a solo player then this warframe isn't for you, trying to go solo on high lvl planets isn't a really good ideea as his skills aren't that efficient if you keep on moving.. you must be really carefull since he goes down quite fast

Edited by Hatr

Even tho i don't have him (missing helmet bp) i just love his skillset, it just seems so freakin' fun. I so want him.^^

Anyways, Vauban is amazing for defense due to his skillset. He can just immobolize all the mobs and there's no way they'll get to the Pod. Also his ult is freakin' ossum since its AoE and it sucks everything in so you can combo it with Ogris or any other AoE Warframe. So yeah, i assume he's quite fun to play with and the best Warframe for Defense imo.

Edited by Stan007

Even tho i don't have him (missing helmet bp) i just love his skillset, it just seems so freakin' fun. I so want him.^^

Anyways, Vauban is amazing for defense due to his skillset. He can just immobolize all the mobs and there's no way they'll get to the Pod. Also his ult is freakin' ossum since its AoE and it sucks everything in so you can combo it with Ogris or any other AoE Warframe. So yeah, i assume he's quite fun to play with and the best Warframe for Defense imo.

Got him today.. potatoed and leveled to 30, he's really good for teamplay, especially defense missions because his skills are mostly static, they last long in the place where you put them.. some of the skills are quite fun too, placing multiple teslas in the same place then stay behind them and watch how the enemies die whille they're getting stun-locked. If you're more of a solo player then this warframe isn't for you, trying to go solo on high lvl planets isn't a really good ideea as his skills aren't that efficient if you keep on moving.. you must be really carefull since he goes down quite fast

He is considered god-tier.

Thanks very much for all the feedback everyone! I really appreciate it.

I have him with high stretch and duration mods...he owns any defense mission period.

Does continuity even affect any of his abilities? Im just wondering because last time I've tried using continuity on something like bastille, it lasted the same amount of time without the mod.

Does continuity even affect any of his abilities? Im just wondering because last time I've tried using continuity on something like bastille, it lasted the same amount of time without the mod.

i haven't timed it but I have it at over 50% and I notice it.

he is the worst frame to play. he is dull and boring and looks $&*&*#(%&. the only thing he has going for him is bastille and really only on infested defense

haha clearly THIS guy does not own a vauban

bastille fully maxed lasts for 15 seconds i believe my continuity is MAXED as it lasts for maybe 35 seconds 45 maybe give or take

bastille fully maxed lasts for 15 seconds i believe my continuity is MAXED as it lasts for maybe 35 seconds 45 maybe give or take

how is 15 +30% = 35 or 45? Try 20. Unless you have the other power duration mod also, giving you a total of 58%. Which is still around 25 sec.

how is 15 +30% = 35 or 45? Try 20. Unless you have the other power duration mod also, giving you a total of 58%. Which is still around 25 sec.

Duration of 15 seconds. This is increased with Power Duration (Continuity and Constitution).

derp 15 seconds as in its not been touched by fusion DO YOUR research fully maxed does 25 seconds each rank goes 5 secs  so maxed is 25 secs and what happens when you put on continuity hmmm oh wait thats right goes to 35 secs

Edited by DiBBz

I have a fully forma/taterd Vau and ill say this. His base stats suck, everything is mediocre health shields armor speed nothing stands out. HOWEVER! When he is properly modded he is god at defense against infested, psychotically strong at defense against anything else, and good at soloing boss missions (Bastille works on most of um ;D). To make his better he has AMAZING synergy with normally higher skill cap guns like the Ogris/Torrid as Bastille makes them unable to get close to you AND has a tendency to group melee all up in one spot.

His only weakness's are PvP (LOLWHOCARESAMIRIGHT?) and that their are better frames for running non defense missions.

.... oh ya, and his ability are fun to trollBAN with. BOUNCEy castles are fun :D

Edited by Nothingface

I forma'ed my Vauban for the third time now, and all I can say is that I simply love him. His skills may be static, but if you use Bastille, combined with maxed Stretch + Continuity, you don't have to worry about static or dynamic skills. Teslas, attached to your sentinel or enemy, or around a doorway, will kill just about anything, and the stunlock is a wonderful bonus.

Bounce is very situational - I removed one skill polarity because I don't think I'll ever use it. Vortex is just...wow. When thrown into a group of 20-25 Grineers...that's quite a sight to behold.

One of the few downsides are his shields and vitality, so you better equip Redirection and/or Vitality. Other than that, he's definitely worth it. Remember, though, that everything depends on how you play the game.

Edited by InfinitexL

Your comments about solo are nonsense, its the perfect frame for those that fancy soloing high level endless defence such as xini, soloing bosses and just as much fun running T2 T3 void solo. All you need are a couple of tesla to create choke point's stun locking mobs in place so you can clear them out of your way, if you are zerged, Bastille covers a large enough area that you can pull your arse out of any fire.

Love Vauban! It fits my playstyle: Denying an enemy's ability to fight takes precedence over outright killing him. This will be more evident in higher levels.

He is also great with defense missions, which currently have the highest xp of all missions and one of the best places to farm stuff.

Plus vauban's got BALLS!!!

- ♪Tan♪ ♪Ta♪ ♪Na♪ ♪Nan♪

Your comments about solo are nonsense, its the perfect frame for those that fancy soloing high level endless defence such as xini, soloing bosses and just as much fun running T2 T3 void solo. All you need are a couple of tesla to create choke point's stun locking mobs in place so you can clear them out of your way, if you are zerged, Bastille covers a large enough area that you can pull your arse out of any fire.

Perfect for solo? of course! but on defense missions, on missions where you go around and kill he's kinda meh.. teslas against infested, why don't you try that? If you use bastille from room to room you will eventually run out of energy and be nom nom for enemies, the same goes for tesla against other factions.. for solo missions as much time you don't go stealthy the most important thing is suravibility, this is where tanks excel.

Edited by Hatr