Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Djinn Prime

Grimmstyler

Ive been waiting for this one to come out.. :smile:

Current Djinn dies easy due to low health.. Even with a maxed Primed Regen I always find my Djinn DEAD.. Wish it had a passive like Nidius's Health regeneration :smile:

Wanna see a health buff on Djinn Prime :smile:

Edited by Grimmstyler

Djinn has a precept that literally causes enemies to target it before you. If you want your Djinn to survive longer, take that precept off and stop making it draw aggro. If it's still dying too often for your liking? Well that's just how Sentinels are; they tend to die often and easily without a ridiculous number of Forma.

Djinn is my favorite Sentinel for his fanatastic aggro ability "Fatal Attraction". He is a great Sentinel just for his ability to make an entire room pause for about 10 seconds. 

I also have a Riven for his Stinger weapon and it does Corrosive and Blast damage which procs quite often. It usually applies both damage types to a few groups of enemies and when my melee is equipped with Condition Overload I can clear out rooms with little effort. (Especially with the Gazal Machete.) 

As for Djinn Prime, heck yes please! Although, Djinn's survivability is majorly hampered against Corpus Arctic Eximi and Nullifiers... Especially if the enemies are above level 60 and a Corpus Tech is under the Nullifier's Bubble. 

3 hours ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

Djinn has a precept that literally causes enemies to target it before you. If you want your Djinn to survive longer, take that precept off and stop making it draw aggro. If it's still dying too often for your liking? Well that's just how Sentinels are; they tend to die often and easily without a ridiculous number of Forma.

Except that precept was changed so that enemies attracted to it do not attack - they don't even run, instead they are slowly attracted to your vicinity. 

So chances are, your Jinn is going to be orders of magnitude more durable if you have the precept on. 

7 hours ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

Your post changed my idea of Djinn.. Its true how enemies attack Djinn with fatal attraction.. A passive with Health Regeneration would only make sense, because i could slap on a Spare Parts mod and use Djinn for rare mod farming..(Totally forgot about that mod) 

31 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

Your post changed my idea of Djinn.. Its true how enemies attack Djinn with fatal attraction.. A passive with Health Regeneration would only make sense, because i could slap on a Spare Parts mod and use Djinn for rare mod farming..(Totally forgot about that mod) 

But... Their post is wrong... 

3 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

I've seen enemies attack Djinn under Fatal Attraction.. Not sure how it works, but i think specific enemies or higher lvl enemies attack Djinn because they're not weak minded?

Defos not. I gotta test it to confirm your findings, because last time I used it, Djinn actually increased both mine and its survivability by a lot. If it is being targeted, chances are it is a bug. 

15 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Defos not. I gotta test it to confirm your findings, because last time I used it, Djinn actually increased both mine and its survivability by a lot. If it is being targeted, chances are it is a bug. 

Its true, ive seen it.. explains why my Djinn always DEAD too.. I dont think its a bug.. Would only seem fair for high lvl or certain enemies to attack Djinn for the sake of "cheesing".. So a health regeneration passive would seem ideal for Djinn..

I mean Djinn is infested.. Nidius is infested as well.. But Djinn has no health regen passive or a mod to compensate.. A mod would take up mod space. Id rather see a health regen passive for harder Spare Parts drops and sentinal survivability 

Edited by Grimmstyler

18 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

Its true, ive seen it.. explains why my Djinn always DEAD too.. I dont think its a bug.. Would only seem fair for high lvl or certain enemies to attack Djinn for the sake of "cheesing".. So a health regeneration passive would seem ideal for Djinn..

That would made sense in a game where death was a fair punishment. This is not such a game. 

Specially since it didn't use to work this way and Djinn is not exactly durable to begin with.

Between so many astronomically powerful builds who are treated as acceptable, having a sudden nerf to something that wasn't that amazing in the first place is... Idiosyncratic. At best. 

5 hours ago, tnccs215 said:

Except that precept was changed so that enemies attracted to it do not attack - they don't even run, instead they are slowly attracted to your vicinity. 

So chances are, your Jinn is going to be orders of magnitude more durable if you have the precept on. 

Glad they changed that, then. Ny understanding of it was a bit outdated, since the last time I looked at Sentinel types was....yeah, I ought to check those fellas out again.

27 minutes ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

Glad they changed that, then. Ny understanding of it was a bit outdated, since the last time I looked at Sentinel types was....yeah, I ought to check those fellas out again.

Don't waste too much energy. most of them are still pretty underwhelming, except for the already popular.

13 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Don't waste too much energy. most of them are still pretty underwhelming, except for the already popular.

Dethcube is still the headshot king, right? Long as it has that, it'll be my go-to as soon as Helios is done filling out my Codex...

The Fatal Attraction precept only can target enemies that are within line-of-sight. If an enemy is slightly in the next room and Djinn activates the precept then those enemies won't be mesmerized. 

I've tested it out on defense missions with each of the enemy factions and it works on everything except for Eximus Nullifiers (especially Arctic), Eximus Disruptor Ancients, Disruptor Ancients (flip a coin chance), Corrupted Arctic Eximi, and Eximus Arctic Grineer. 

I don't know what it is with Arctic Eximi, but even Nullifiers are affected by it. So, I guess it might have something to do with the arctic shield? I haven't tested it in the Simulacrum as of yet... 

That precept also used to just draw fire, which was terrible! Now that it mesmerizes enemies it is super useful! Especially when equipped alongside a Gazal Machete wielding Nova! Just Molecularly Prime the surrounding enemies (preferably with at least 115% power strength or more), have Djinn Fatally Attract them, and once his corrosive damage procs, swing away!

The damage boost for corrosive bonus on the Gazal is great when you already have radiation and viral equipped! With that bonus you can easily mop up the last of the remaining enemies! (Even 100 plus). 

On 3.8.2017 at 5:53 PM, tnccs215 said:

The problem is, that sometimes the enemies still attack the Djinn. The percept is still bugged - well at least Djinn survives more than 10 minutes now...