Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New type of Survival Mission with no LifeSupport system

o0boom0o

The new type of Survival mission I'm thinking acts as if it were a normal survival mission, but the changes are:

-No Life Support system. 

You only get to survive; of course, up to 4 players.

-Mission reward rotation is based on your kills scores.

For example: 100 kills for 1 rotation. The numbers may be fixed or increased after each rotation.

I think that's pretty much it!

I appreciate the Survival mission that we have now, but the drop rate of Life Support from enemies can be annoying as it seems to be lower and lower the longer you stay; as play solo or not using a warframe to get more Life Support.

I'll be so happy if you guys can make this mode comes true

Thank you for reading!

EDIT: Since people can just camp and make things too easy, there's another change as well.

-New map: A small/Medium sized that is wide-open with few or no objects to use to take cover.

-Enemies will spawn by coming from Drop-Ships from all directions. Should be the same way it works with the Corpus's Ambulus Drop-Ships but a lot more Drop-Ships and enemies from all directions.

That should effectively prevent people from camping as there are no rooms or large objects to take cover for them to camp.

Edited by o0boom0o

5 minutes ago, o0boom0o said:

as it seems to be lower and lower the longer you stay;

this happens because probably with your team you can't kill enemies fast enough to get the life supports

your suggestion looks too easy imo, and it should be at least 300 kill for a rotation to make it balanced
(but life support drop should definitely be increased in solo, killing everything after 5 minutes you have 50% and no drops)

UNFORTUNATELY, this idea WOULD not FLY in the old "maze box" Missions systems I keep hearing about (I already seen most game sandbox just bigger XD). 

FORTUNATELY, this Idea might be CONSIDERED for PoE.

Killing Number of Targets sound do-able, since you know it a mix of Exterminate XXX Enemies Per Rounds.

Life Support right now, already server as objective. Who knows.

This sounds like a good idea, enemies get thrown at you and you're in there until you get killed or evac.

Sounds good in theory, but in reality this would result in at some point spending 3 minutes or more to kill one enemy, whils having all the rest under croud control. This would make incredibly boring gameplay.

The enemy scaling would at some point just stand out over any build, how powerfull they might ever be.

The reason life support was implimented is to have a way to measure how well you can fight the enemies, the personal drops determine how well you can kill enemies, and the life support capsules determine how well you can withstand the enemies fire and have some risk bound to it, instead of a moment where everyone could say, i'm tired, let's afk in this corner where they can't get me. Or find a way to keep some players afk or safe using abilities.

This would suck the engagement and pacing out of survival, and as much i'd like just fighting hordes of enemies to get rewards without being on a time pressure, there are plenty of reasons why not use this idea.

If you wanna kill loads of enemies, survival, deception, defense and interception are your best bets. If you wanna do this without pressure, the only way is exterminate.

35 minutes ago, o0boom0o said:

-No Life Support system. 

You only get to survive; of course, up to 4 players.

-Mission reward rotation is based on your kills scores.

That's way too easy.

With this setup, you can camp in a small room and spam abilities with no end, or simply run into the enemies with no way to lose at all.

If there is no way to make you lose unless "kill all players 4-5 time each" then it can't really happen in warframe... Killing and surviving are the easiest things to do, keeping up life support and not forgeting about it after a 2h run is something else...

The idea is nice but I think this'll be easier than the regular one. Like two equinox's can pretty much own your system. One put a large amount of enemies to sleep and the other Maim'em all. About the open area, I think it'd be kinda bad since some frames may rely on this. For example, I play Mag+Lanka regularly, but since mag is kinda frail and Lanka requires some charging I usually find a good camping spot. For me, a good survival system would like the Arena one. It'd be 1v1 but the engine had to be smarter, strong as player and more resilient, the scaling wouldn't have to be real quick but you could have an unefficent method of healing up.