Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless Defense!

Tatersail

Is it possible to remove the Requirement to use a frost on defense missions.

Yesterday on wave 17 of a T3Void defense Our Frost Dc'ed.

I thought hmmm, this could make things tricky going out have to run out and fight mobs a little more.

Pop...  no deal...  I am pretty sure its not even possible without a frost.

It got me thinking.

Is there any way we can have a new sort of Endless defense that has something like a...  Large dome shield that things need to walk into.

or a sort of, shield

-----

{ 0 }

-----

that things can walk round but not shoot the core in 1 second from across the map.

Defend the .... very small teapot on the floor

Protect the small Cd player

Or even better have the Objective as Defend a room, hold a corridor, Protect the engine room, Protect the control center.

I understand that Hold a corridor means you can simply Slaughter everything that comes down that 1 focus point...

but it would certainly change up the formula, and perhaps allow for some newer tactics.

On the other side of things, Perhaps make some of the other warframe powers Viable for defense;

-Mag bullet attractor that every play in the game universally hates, Could be a Dome she drops on her cursor that redirect bullets away from that point (possible back towards mobs)

-Volts Shield could be increased in duration(and slightly in size) to 1-2 mins, then he can place 3-4 round the core.

The outright REQUIREMENT... to bring a frost, to any defense mission where things have guns, annoys me.

Push 3 every 40 seconds, no mate its fine your afk watching tv, just keep pushing 3, your the most vital person on this team.

Yea this is something that frustrates me and whenever i seem to want to join a clan mates void defense they prefer frosts over everyone else. The suggestions you made would be great because right now we only have one frame that can place something to defend an area as a whole.

would also be good to have subObjectives

you have the cryopod in the center shielded by a forcefield noone can pass (even not the players).

this field is powered by several generators around it (or spread through the map and connected via pipes)

if the generators fall, the field goes down and the main objective is destroyable...

could also be possible to repair those power nodes...

You don't need a frost.

Simply change strategy when playing, adapt to the new situation, while a frost is possibly better, good players usually go around that and manage even without a frost.

Obviously if you are going to play with randoms you have to accept the fact someone will be unable to play without a frost (like you possibly), so they will die more frequently, but again, good randoms will make you forget about frost.

Frost isn't really necessary, it helps but any other warframe will do the job, i don't mean by this to make a team with 4 excalls, the objective here is to mix warframe skills in a way you can succeed, may take more effort and better gameplay but it's possible.

You want easy defensible positions like hallways and very fortified defenses, since that is cheap i can suggest 4 options:

- make a frost

- play other missions (spy,capture,...)

- Improve your gear and gameplay so you don't depend heavily on frost

- you are not in the mood to improve, so seek another game until you find a frost. (abort mission > start new game) (not recommended as it shows very little respect for your teammates)

Note: hallways already exist in defense missions, it's up to you to make use of them.

Are they sometimes away from the pod? yes. Can you kill many enemies there? yes.

It's up to you to adapt your gamestyle to the warframe team, you can't always expect a frost, same way you can't always expect the same map or the same gameplay skill.

Edited by KIREEKPSO

I think it's okay for some Frames to be better at some missions than others. However, Frost being mandatory is bad for variety and should be changed. I don't think that Snow Globe should have the S#&$ kicked out of it, and instead another Frame should get a similar ability. Alternatively, they could make the pod not die when it's breathed on. Oh, and Frost isn't mandatory for Infested defense. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

You don't need a frost.

Simply change strategy when playing, adapt to the new situation, while a frost is possibly better, good players usually go around that and manage even without a frost.

same gameplay skill.

Show me a youtube of you doing a T3 void Defense mission..  I would really like to see that

or even a screenshot of you past wave 18 without a frost in a t3voiddef

where you often get 6x 140-150 commandos spawning and just hosing the core.

You "could" probably do with with a Nyx....perhaps. but there is often that 2 second pause when they just turn round and 1 shot the core.

There is no.. reaction time, Oh the core is getting shot lets do somthing, its just... pop mission failed...

Edited by Tatersail

You're going to end game defense missions, but keep in mind the majority of the game is easier then tower 3 defense.

I have completed many waves with randoms and clan members on events and tier 3 level enemies, frost helps but was never necessary.

As for t3 defense, if you are at the pod then frost is recomended.

However, beeing flexible isn't a bad thing.

Also suggesting frost at tower 3 defense =/= hallway defensive positions (topic creator wants that and in a way it already exists)

Defense missions need a lot of work...

Especially the ones that have extremely obvious spawn points for the most enemies, the most infamous being the Corpus one where everyone just tries to hog all the kills on the hallway that's on the right. Yes, you know which one I'm talking about.

In some Mobile Defense missions, the same problem. The enemies come from far away using hallways to get to the computers. If you just stand on these hallways, it's just a shooting gallery - and not enough enemies get close enough to the computers to damage them to make the mission more challenging.

I personally don't like the idea of having requirements for any mission, but Frost does become extremely useful in more difficult defense missions, when it's hard to control the enemy swarms.

Edited by Soaron

...it could be possible you can have your own way defending, just make sure the stage is set right for your buddies to get energy and make sure your number 4 button is really big wide range.  I use Rhino class, if there is group of them of rhino that gone off defending, they might able surived lots rounds.  Cuz Dat stump ability can hurt lots enemies but doesn't kill them fast, but for each rhino there is high complex timing and also when to use your ability.