Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Prime Armor Buff

Grimmstyler

Could I see your build? Could be a problem with that because I find assimilate with its augment a fantastic way to tank. If I take too much damage and my energy drain gets too high I simply recast assimilate to get the energy drain back to a manageable level. Zenurik also helps to get my energy back fast between casts.

Or just...don't cast abilities with long casting animations while enemies are actively shooting at and/or maiming you? (Or use Natural Talent and/or Speed Drift.)

Assimilate Nyx is already one of the best tanks, especially if you pair her with a Suda or Veil weapon for regaining energy as you kill things. If the amount of heat you're dealing with is enough to chew through all of Nyx's energy while Assimilating, an armor buff is not going to save you, not in Sorties.

1 hour ago, Emulad0or said:

Nyx doesn't actually need more armor or more energy. She is great the way she is now.

Of course she is. Mostly because of an augment though.

I only mentioned energy because it would actually be useful, unlike armor, I never said she needed it.

14 hours ago, Marthrym said:

Of course she is. Mostly because of an augment though.

I only mentioned energy because it would actually be useful, unlike armor, I never said she needed it.

She was great before the augment. Max range, Chaos can confuse enemies on a 60m radius, how is that not great? And even with the augment, it's hard to get her energy down if you play her right and not just sit in a bubble shooting everything forever

17 minutes ago, Emulad0or said:

She was great before the augment. Max range, Chaos can confuse enemies on a 60m radius, how is that not great? And even with the augment, it's hard to get her energy down if you play her right and not just sit in a bubble shooting everything forever

So let me get this right... One ability made her "great". ONE. Seems legit.

Mate, when ONE ability makes a frame, then that frame is not in a "great" place.

High level enemies will drain your energy very fast when using her 4, since your threat level maxes out, it tends to override Chaos' effects. Need I remind you that Chaos is not a guaranteed way to avoid getting shot at? It's an awesome tool, yes, but it's not the most reliable.

Assimilate is a huge improvement over Absorb yes, that I never questioned. And that's also a problem. An augment should never be what makes an ability great. It should only give it a little something extra, or a different twist. Assimilate is what makes Nyx the powerhouse she is now. And it really shouldn't.

Oh and also, where did I say that I thought she wasn't good? We were tlaking about choosing between more armor and more energy, and I just said that I would choose energy over amor with Nyx, period. The question was never to know if she needed said energy, or if she was a good or a bad frame in the first place. You went really far with basically nothing... And I was dumb enough to follow you that far. Yay me...

It's not ONE ability that makes her great.

Before Chaos was recastable, you could get around that with the Augment for Psychic Bosts to deal with less crowded rooms and save Chaos for when you really needed it. Now, thanks to her passive, those same bolts, even without the Augment, can disarm the enemies. 6 bolts that can't miss, each with a chance to disarm and 50% to confuse? How is that not great?

Her Mind Control can make easy work of any elite enemy, like Bursas or Nox, with the bonus of have that unit fight for you until it dies. How is Chaos the only great thing about her?

She has no useless ability, something that we can't say the same about lots of frames, and she does't need to spam to be good, so she doesn't need more energy. She shouldn't be the enemies target since her skills are focused on not getting attacked in the first place by making the enemies attack each other, so she doesn't need more armor. That is my point.

Oh, and since you asked,

15 hours ago, Marthrym said:

Of course she is (great). Mostly because of an augment though.

Here is where you said she was "great, but mostly because of an augment"

It's not ONE ability that makes her great.

I used the verb "make" with a certain tense : the past tense. Which, for those who don't follow, imply that this means the sentence that follows refers to the past. I don't know how long you've been playing, but I've been around since 2013. So maybe our notions of the past of Warframe differ a lot.

Then I mentioned how the devs reworked parts of her kit, which actually made her better, more flexible.

Before that people would build her for maxed range, which affected Power Strength negatively, and negative duration, all that to be able to use her 3 more often. Because yes, it was her ONE ability. Which meant her 1 was next to useless since it lasted about 8 seconds. Her 2, again, was worthless before it got a touch up and passives started to be a thing. Her 4, at the beginning was strong. Very strong. Then it got nerfed and ended up being less so. Then the augment made it a thing again.

Here is where you said she was "great, but mostly because of an augment"

Exactly. She's great, mostly because of an augment. I stand by those words. Without it, she's good. But not great. There's a reason she saw an increase in useage after that augment came out. So again, where did I say she wasn't good? hm? Mind pointing me to it in this here thread? No? I Thought so.

Boy, we see what we want to see. Or read what we want to read, I guess.

And again, this is not even what this thread is about!

Edited by Marthrym

2 minutes ago, Marthrym said:

this is not even what this thread is about!

At least one thing you say makes sense, so I won't polute this thread by showing you are wrong about Nyx not being great without the augment. 

So sticking to the thread, she is great the way she is and doesn't need armor or energy

Well...I wouldn't complain if she did get an armor buff (if there's a 'frame that needs it, it's TrinityP--look at all that applique armor, and yet still at 15 rating). However, she has...what?...three times the mitigation of Nyx? Granted, we're talking 17% or some such, but still...

I wouldn't complain about a larger energy pool either. Of course, she gets along fine as is, but more is always good.

NyxP did get a shield buff some time ago. I wouldn't seriously expect her to get anything else...but...I certainly wouldn't turn it down.

2 hours ago, Emulad0or said:

At least one thing you say makes sense, so I won't polute this thread by showing you are wrong about Nyx not being great without the augment. 

So sticking to the thread, she is great the way she is and doesn't need armor or energy

Glad to see you agree mate! Even though saying others are wrong just because they don't share your opinion seems a bit... narrow minded to me. See what I did there? *wink wink*

Edited by Marthrym

5 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Well...I wouldn't complain if she did get an armor buff (if there's a 'frame that needs it, it's TrinityP--look at all that applique armor, and yet still at 15 rating). However, she has...what?...three times the mitigation of Nyx? Granted, we're talking 17% or some such, but still...

I wouldn't complain about a larger energy pool either. Of course, she gets along fine as is, but more is always good.

NyxP did get a shield buff some time ago. I wouldn't seriously expect her to get anything else...but...I certainly wouldn't turn it down.

Agree with Trinity Prime needing a armor buff.. it is a "Prime"

On 8/9/2017 at 2:34 PM, Auranix said:

Could I see your build? Could be a problem with that because I find assimilate with its augment a fantastic way to tank. If I take too much damage and my energy drain gets too high I simply recast assimilate to get the energy drain back to a manageable level. Zenurik also helps to get my energy back fast between casts.

Zenurik Focus, Energy Siphon, Cunning Drift, P Flow, P Continuity, R6 Narrow Minded, Streamline, Quick Thinking, Overextended, Mind Freak (love that mod, not giving it up), Assimilate(must have for Nyx)..

Wish there was a way i could put Assimilate in Drift Mod Slot like Novas Escape Velocity.. Theres no room for a Rage or Steel Fiber..

Health Conversion was a option, but Nyx doesnt spawn health orbs.. And the chance of getting a squad mate with a health orb spawn is a gamble..

dunno.. might have to switch out Narrow Minded or P Flow for Steel Fiber.. Or maybe Rage.. I like the 50 sec duration of Mind Freak and 40 sec Chaos Duration..

Edited by Grimmstyler