Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie issues

maoen

Hi,

I have few ideas about the sortie, because the problem is "sortie isn't interesting" when you are around MR 20 and plus.

The loot table is mostly for beginners let me explain my point, on the 11 possible loot (i exclude the 3 kinds of riven and make it as 1):

- Ayatan Anasa: it is a good decoration but that's it. Nothing more since all my mod are maxed. 
- The 4000 endo: Pretty much useless since around mr22/24 you have already all your mod max rank
- Focus lens: Useless you have to drop 4 to make a big one and there is 5 kind of focus 
- Exilus: well when you have already all your frames, you choose which one you want to play plus exilus is an alert reward and the BP can be bought for 50 000 influence at simaris
- Orokin cata/reactor, same problem as the exilus, just may be the cata if there is a new weapon up
- Forma well you can farm it with the relics and you can farm crafted one with Lua's loot case 
- Legendary core: Really really good but for beginners once again
- Affinity booster: why not if you have to forma a weapon.
- Greater focus lens: A good drop of course but still there is 5 kinds of focus. 
- Last but not least the Riven with the 3 kind (secondary, primary and melee) a really good drop but still 1 chance on around 15 to get one.

Right now, i only pray for the drop of: 

- The riven (ofc)
- The orokin cata when a new weapon is up
- And from time to time the legendary core when i want to sell a corrupted/primed mod max rank.

Plus, sortie isn't challenging at all, anyone with a few experience and mods can do it pretty easily.

So as for solutions (may be it was proposed already i don't know):

- Create new kind of sortie with higher level, locked for lower MR (like 14 i don't know) with a loot table reduced.
- If it's not possible may be you can let the player choose between 3 kind of reward (choose randomly in the loot table).
- Harder mission in the sortie like the Arena or the Index with at least lvl 110 so then you have to make a good comp with your mate.
- May be reduce the loot table based on the MR (but i don't think it's going be good but just in case i propose)

So the real problem, is that it's good to attract new players, but retain old players is also a good idea.

So that's it,

100% agree... as MR 23 all I'm looking for is rivens and occasionally catalysts.

One very good argument to convince DE to do something with sortie rewards and in particular with rivens is this:

I am playing this game less then before!

As I don't get a riven -> I have nothing to unveil -> I don't need to farm kuva (no rivens = nothing to roll) -> I don't need to invest more work into my weapon builds...

My current routine in this game is: I do sortie, I get anasa (and sometimes unairu lens), I get frustrated... I have nothing to do again and I log out from the game..

that's it.

Since melee rivens addition all I got was one pistol (for Nukor btw) riven. Thats more than 40 days!

Any change to sortie system would be welcome. Buff the chances for a riven, allow for each player to chose one of 4 (much like a fissure), give a void traces mechanic to buff chances or give us the token system... please DE!

Let me be a bit more precise about the 3rd solution, instead of making a new sortie system may be DE can add a high level mission like against lvl 150 mobs only for MR higher than i don't know let's say 15, and with this challenging mission you have the possibility to get 2 other possibilities of reward and then choose between the first one and the 2 others. Like on the sortie i got 4000 endos but after the other mission i got 1 riven melee and an ayatan so i have to choose between those 3. 

Token reward is a good idea but still i'll be for beginners since we'll all begin at the same level (0), like for 10 tokens => ayatan, 11 => affinity booster. it'll be still the same problem and may cause the price to drop even more lol. Plus it's going to take so much time because if DE work with a token system, to get a single item it would take around let's say a week and a week without reward on sortie will make old players more disappointed i think.

Plus, the game is kind off boring because you don't get real reward nor challenge for the time you spend on the game. I think i can tell that for most for middle/high MR mob lvl80 are more trash mob than a real challenge, plus just to get mob lvl 200 it's at least 30/35 min on the index, 2h in survival or around 50 waves T4 defense but that's another topic. 

Edited by maoen

From the last post i did everyday the sortie and here it is once again one time melee riven, credit booster, and the rest full ayatan sculpture so please DE change the rewards, the more i play i feel like you don't want to retain the old players... May be just suppress some reward based on the Mastery Rank, i don't know...

i just got a credit booster. Really nice... except that im MR 22 with over 17million credits...

The only thing i would LOVE to see in the sortie drop table for people like me are, prime access accesories (piece by piece, not sets) and arcanes (because raids anoys the F*** out of me). There is nothing else in the game that i could possibly get from sorties that i don't have, or i couldn't get from somewhere else.