Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea 4 weapons and mastery.

WaterWarrior

As much higher is the mastery rank of a player more weapons he has due to that mastery rank is increased leveling-up new warframes and weapons. I propose the players can't use the same weapons they are using in a current mission in the next mission. Once his current mission ends Ordis gives maintenance to weapons used for 20 or 30 min to each weapon. The player can half the process for a substantial amount of credits[stronger weapons(that often require a higher mastery rank) cost more credits to rush maintenance]. To skip maintenance just pay from 3 to 5 plat. Beginners and low-level player are not introduced to this system right away. Weapons in maintenance have a caption saying so and you can check the progress on the foundry.You can rush through the arsenal or the foundry.When should this system start to apply to the player? when reaching a certain mastery rank or when having the enough amount of weapons in order to the system works. it can be implemented through when finishing a certain quest or junction as well.

*why this idea? this gives the opportunity to change weapons between missions, to choose from the variety the player already have in the arsenal and to choose wisely(to don't equip a high-lvl weapons for a medium or low lvl mission and reserve it for the toughest).In this way low-lvl players and higher-lvl  players can have fun both of them instead of just let the high-lvl player kill everything. Obviously this idea is thinking for players with a decent mastery rank(that is when players have a variety of weapons). 

Edited by WaterWarrior

are you trying to teach DE to scavenger us? really?

do you know this is an time wall, isn't? we already have it to built them, we need to put an catalyst on our best weapons, but for beginners, this is the worst part:

- in general, they will only have, at most, 3 weapons with catalyst, some of those catalyst earned because of the quests done, that means, they won't play anything for 30 minutes after mission because they already used their best arsenal, and because if the low amount of slots, they will be forced to use an non-catalyst weapon that he was leveling or make them wait this amount of time to use them again

- if they are leveling  their weapons with forma passively (backhand with team), that means, Ordis should fix the weapon that was barely used on mission? again, this will slow the speed that the players will invest leveling our arsenal, and by default, increasing the grind to get the mastery level

- those beginners will start to call that warframe is Pay to Win, since to use our best arsenal continually, we need to pay platinum each mission... remember: they really need to think about their choosen weapon, since the player will use it almost all the time until they can afford more catalyst and slots

So please, before continue on this, check the Kubrow/Kavat's system and tell that this is the thing that you wanted, because those concepts are similar (platinum to rush their incubation, platinum/credits to rush put them out from stasis, credits to keep them healthy...)

Edited by Zeyez

Why would we want this? 

Literally the only purpose of this system is to extract small amounts of premium currency out of us, put up a very stupid time wall, INCREASE the otherwise tedious grinding, and otherwise hinder our fun.

What weapon needs maintainence after 5 minutes of use anyway?! How sloppily made do you think these weapons are!?

3 hours ago, Zeyez said:

are you trying to teach DE to scavenger us? really?

do you know this is an time wall, isn't? we already have it to built them, we need to put an catalyst on our best weapons, but for beginners, this is the worst part:

- in general, they will only have, at most, 3 weapons with catalyst, some of those catalyst earned because of the quests done, that means, they won't play anything for 30 minutes after mission because they already used their best arsenal, and because if the low amount of slots, they will be forced to use an non-catalyst weapon that he was leveling or make them wait this amount of time to use them again

- if they are leveling  their weapons with forma passively (backhand with team), that means, Ordis should fix the weapon that was barely used on mission? again, this will slow the speed that the players will invest leveling our arsenal, and by default, increasing the grind to get the mastery level

- those beginners will start to call that warframe is Pay to Win, since to use our best arsenal continually, we need to pay platinum each mission... remember: they really need to think about their choosen weapon, since the player will use it almost all the time until they can afford more catalyst and slots

So please, before continue on this, check the Kubrow/Kavat's system and tell that this is the thing that you wanted, because those concepts are similar (platinum to rush their incubation, platinum/credits to rush put them out from stasis, credits to keep them healthy...)

Thanks for giving your thoughts, if you read all and just not rush thinking the worst I said that it doesn't apply to beginners and low-lvl players.It must be introduced at the time when players have a variety of weapons int You can half the maintenance with credits.Just pay 3 to 5 plat(depending on the mastery rank requirement of the weapons) to make the maintenance instantly.It could slow the leveling of a weapon for a player with a decent or high mastery rank but a mission on Hidron can easily fix that even if not ,15 min is not an eternity.

i didn't read all...? ok, let's talk as Veteran

4 hours ago, WaterWarrior said:

It could slow the leveling of a weapon for a player with a decent or high mastery rank but a mission on Hidron can easily fix that even if not ,15 min is not an eternity.

- mission on Hydron... to fix it... we had Draco... Viver... and they nerfed it, stop rely on mission nodes or your world will start spinning by the day DE make startchart 4.0

- we have Rivens, this will nerf them, since those mods can't be used on other weapons and that weapon that you invested your time and platinum to become more powerful

- we have sortie with weapon restriction, which will create moments that the only weapon he could use on this mission is on "maintenance"...

- do you know about "person's mood"? sometimes you can keep going many missions straight, like Kuva missions, if you are playing it constantly... but if you stop by 15-30 minutes just to use your "powerful arsenal", you won't feel that you need to play it again

this is something that i feel all the time recently, because i am MR 24, that means, i don't have more active objectives beyond playing while i'm in mood... the other moments... i just talk with people and log out

sigh... what i'm saying... i could just tell the brute and cruel Truth (not the Arbiter's ones) about your idea:

- Do you know that we can have weapon replicas? that means, your idea won't fix anything, except that Veterans need to have more slots to keep using their favorite weapons, over and over again (except event variant ones like Supra Vandal, at moment), as result, we will need to pay 6 platinum, double amount of Forma and extra Catalyst just for that, instead of your 3-5 platinum for every rushed maintenance {congratulations, i bypassed your timed restriction... what the flawless system you have created}

Edited by Zeyez
doing the same actions, over and over again, expecting the results to change... damn RNG, i'm insane

I think the main thing people are thinking here is what would be the benefit of this for higher mastery rank players. It would actually discourage people from wanting to get higher in MR which is the main selling point of still playing warframe.

You get punished for being higher and playing more? If you got rewards for doing it then sure. At least there is an incentive, but even then, it would just be annoying more than anything 

Clan member: " can you help me through this mission please" 

Me: "sorry my main strong weapon is on cooldown so I can't help you yet" 

It would just slow down and limit what you can do in the game and when. 

According to what a read it is true that this system could slow down the high mastery players so I come up with a better idea. I don't know how to remove this post and I won't do it because Every time I post an idea, I really try my best and think hard. But I still want to know how to remove a post( ´cause is good to know) and hope my next idea bring solutions