July 19Th: Community Hot Topics

[DE]Rebecca

No need - logo's have to be approved by DE before they are uploaded. 

On another note, sure you're aware, but Nova's power colours are still bugged (seems similar to the unfinished weapon colours back before U8). Changing the energy colour does effect the colour of wormhole - but only in singleplayer. In a multiplayer match it reverts to the default blue. 

Should be an easy fix, perhaps it could make it into the new hotfix? Pretty please? @_@

Ahh ok i was wondering if they had something like that. I cant see since Im not the Warlord.

Why is there NEVER a topic about (new) key drop rates in these "community hot topics" when the main page of the general forum always has 3 different threads open about it.

The only thing you learned about the last release of the void is that you could sell a lot of key packs if you keep the drop rate artificially low.

But guess what, I even can't be arsed to farm for keys anymore this way and I'm not paying for a single key pack.

I've invested as much as AT LEAST 8 months play in a subscription based MMO so far so I'm not taking this bullS#&$ and I'm not paying to see new content !

Strict NAT/contacts list wasteland/the multitude of matchmaking bugs ("session is full" errors when they're not, etc.) - why aren't these a hot topic yet, for a game whose main selling point is a 4-player coop experience?

These continue to be ignored in the livestreams, will U10 at least bring some improvement in this area?

Why is there NEVER a topic about (new) key drop rates in these "community hot topics" when the main page of the general forum always has 3 different threads open about it.

The only thing you learned about the last release of the void is that you could sell a lot of key packs if you keep the drop rate artificially low.

But guess what, I even can't be arsed to farm for keys anymore this way and I'm not paying for a single key pack.

I've invested as much as AT LEAST 8 months play in a subscription based MMO so far so I'm not taking this bullS#&$ and I'm not paying to see new content !

you must be on a unlucky streak mate cos i just keep on getting void keys as a reward for defense. Level III keys. Don't give up Tenno ;)

Speaking specifically toward the mod situation: there needs to be more Warframe mods with the Attack ("check mark") polarity. As it stands, Focus and Continuity aren't going to be (or, rather, shouldn't be) used by most Warframes, most especially those that actually start with two Attack polarities. Rage is a non-contender since it more-or-less fits with what you've stated on the front page — that is to say, it's felt to be a mostly "useless" mod.

I believe a good first step would be to change the Stretch (power range) mod to have an Attack polarity, 'though I can see why you guys, as the developers, would be hesitant or weary of changing an existing mod's polarity. In either case, I should hope you keep this in mind when developing new mods — espcieally new Nightmare / dual mods.

Strict NAT/contacts list wasteland/the multitude of matchmaking bugs ("session is full" errors when they're not, etc.) - why aren't these a hot topic yet, for a game whose main selling point is a 4-player coop experience?

These continue to be ignored in the livestreams, will U10 at least bring some improvement in this area?

From a seven percenter.... THIS

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/13981-strict-nat/

*EDITED for stoopid spelling errors.  :)

Edited by Ralthor

6. Clan Emblems sans preview?

I think people have a good point that they would like to see what their emblem will look like before it is uploaded. Will make this request known on our end, stay tuned for developments in this area. In the meantime, we will work on putting up an image of "what your emblem will look like" so we can assist in our players getting the desired emblem. For example, what it will look like if you upload a 128 x 128 .png that is photo-realistic vs. black and white symbol. Workin' on this right now!
Tada: 99WSa1u.png

Both of the images uploaded are 128 x 128 .png with a transparent background. This is how they render in game.

35ghkc.jpg

Ours has a black background before the alpha rendering it looked nice they removed that background now its back... And non of us know how to photoshop a transparent background. best i can do is replace the black with white -.-

If you send it to me (forum PM) I can give it transparency in a jiffy.

I very much do not like this 1% health fix. As now I can easily just face tank the level with high shields. It removes the urgency and therefore the excitement. Rebecca, I know you're reading this, and I hope Steve is too, because this fix is bad mkay? Put your pink shorts on.

I have a suggestion for Vampire mode. Have areas throughout the level have a dark red fog on the floor, this fog triggers the effect of vampire mode, health loss and gain from killing. Do not have this fog on elevators or on the spawn area OR extraction area. Challenge remains, problems solved.

I very much do not like this 1% health fix. As now I can easily just face tank the level with high shields. It removes the urgency and therefore the excitement. Rebecca, I know you're reading this, and I hope Steve is too, because this fix is bad mkay? Put your pink shorts on.

I don't think this is true. Grinder weapons have now the ability to penetrate shields and do direct health damage - lost health multiple times with 250 and more shields left, so 1% won't hold you for long. Also, 1 toxic ancient and you are done for.

I don't think this is true. Grinder weapons have now the ability to penetrate shields and do direct health damage - lost health multiple times with 250 and more shields left, so 1% won't hold you for long. Also, 1 toxic ancient and you are done for.

I have my IS, so...

What about weapons skins? :-)

Primes and Vandals really ought to be skins instead of being their own weapons. Similarly, the Brokk Hammer feels like it's getting unfair treatment since Vor's Seer gets to be it's own weapon.

edit: Quote from Steve, about weapons skins.

edit again: Also, dividing up mod slots into pools in which only certain mods could be equipped could affect the mod pool situation. (Must be done very carefully to avoid crippling builds.)

NO. primes and vandals should not be skins y would u want tht?