Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Infested

Wedgehead84

I don't know if it's just me, but I've always felt that the infested are rather unexplored, particularly in lore when compared to the other factions. The infested seem to play a large role in the Orokin Empire and possibly the Sentients and Tenno, and also seem to be very important to the current Sol System, but we have yet to learn much about the

I feel that there are a lot of options the infested present for interesting tile sets. My dream is a tile set that shows the actual surface of Eris, a twisted landscape, somewhat to mirror Earth, with an infested ecosystem, with older areas covered in the more plant like ancient infestation from the Derelict, although I think it would pose a challenge in making the area feel alive and infested but also like an actual place that is infested and not just a giant infested mass, but this could be done by letting Eris's actual white frosty surface function as most of the ground and by using Eris itself as the structure that the Infestation has melded itself around, letting the infestation grow much like the trees on Earth.

The Infestation has the most versatile and interesting bosses, like the Jordas Golem and Lephantis whose dialogue hints to a larger purpose and connection to the warframes, which could be presented in a cinematic quest, although making a mindless swarm a good villain would be difficult, unless, like the Lotus hints at in Once Awake, the infested are in fact intelligent, and perhaps a single entity and mind split across many parts similar to Hunhow or the Tyranid from Warhammer 40k. A quest that might explore what the warframes really are and what the infestation really is.

I've just always wanted the infestation further fleshed out as a faction since they have so much potential and a lot is hinted at in the lore department but none of it fully explored.

2 hours ago, Wedgehead84 said:

I don't know if it's just me, but I've always felt that the infested are rather unexplored.

Not the only one my friend, I've been highly fascinated with the Infestation from the very start they were added to the game, a lot more new unique species and breeds of Infested are added quite a lot and some are getting reworked, etc.

However, I feel the same way, they full lore behind them is barely even touched upon and it's always grinner that keep getting the attention, we barely get corpus ones, and if that any, so I don't see Infested happing anytime soon. However, we can still hope.

The way I want to see Eris is to have 3 unique plant-wide type of concepts to them, that will share the new open-world type of map, we're getting.

The Aged Era: This Infestation will be a much older, ancient infestation, much like the ones in the Derelict, this will be the mid-level type of places you can go to, the Infestation here is old, rotting away with age and forgotten, types of enemies will be mostly filled with Ancients and white chargers and runners, that have aged a lot.

Boss Type: Juggernaut Behemoth (Aged)

Enemy types: All Ancient types, White Chargers, Aged Leapers/Runner/Crawlers types (Have bluer and grey Infested spots, Ones that explode, deal no damage, but cause a blind effect, like dust in your eyes)

Unquie Quest: Due to the age of the Infested, this infestation can no longer infect others and grow out of control, using this against the Infested, as a safe haven for citizens is ideal, as these type of Infested are easy to tame. New "Cured" type of Infest pets and weapons, can be used. (Deal more damage to other Infested and give you unique Infested bonuses to counter act the Infested. etc. 

The Collapse: This Infestation will be your normal Infestation like you see in every tileset, mid-high levels are here if not all Infested types live here, there is only few that don't stay here, The Old Era and Aged Era, are not friendly to one another and will kill on sight.

Boss Type: Reworked  Phorid

Enemy types: All Types (Besides: Mutalist, Boiler, Brood Mother)

The Mutalist Empire: This Infestation is the strongest and purest of the Infestation, a life-altering gift lives here, Only the most strongest Tenno can set-afoot here, or those who have a death-wish. This place is High-level/End-Game.

Boss Type: Cloned Mutlist Alad V & A Jordas Golem

Enemy types: All Mutalist types, Boiler, Brood Mother. (3 Unquie new ones)  Mutaslit Warframes, Mutalist Zealots, Hive Queens/Kings.

Condition: This unique part of the world, is so Infected, it causes the air to be far too toxic for anyone to enter, you must use Portable Antiserums to keep yourself safe, If you run out of  Antiserum fuel or stray outside of a Vapor bubble, you will begin to hear the Infested Hivemine, creep into your mind and slowly take over you.

Unquie Quest: Due to the power of the Infested here, your job is to find a way to kill it forever, However, be careful as Infested Warframes and Muralist people also live here, they might not take kindly your running their world. 

So thats what I got

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Cuz, enter key is bad

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Wedgehead84 said:

Psi they might make an Open world like PoE just for Eris, there will be more of them, the next one is on Venus, but if they add them in progression order it'll be a while

What he said. It probably would be better to slightly rework our current tiles and add

On ‎18‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 9:28 AM, Wedgehead84 said:

tile set that shows the actual surface of Eris, a twisted landscape, somewhat to mirror Earth, with an infested ecosystem, with older areas covered in the more plant like ancient infestation from the Derelict

As a open-world Landscape of Eris.

Problems I have with the infestation:

1. The lack of models. There is a very small variety of infested enemy models. When we go into a mission we see the same enemies re-appearing again and again. If Warframe were real we'd see all kinds of twisted amalgamations, and each one would be unique.

2. Derelict infestation. For some reason the infestation in the derelicts are brown and blue and look more like wood. Still the enemies have the same appearance that they usually do. This makes them look very out of place. They should really replace derelict infestation with it's own unique models to fit the infestation that surrounds them. We could also see some more mutalyst enemies but its orokin technology instead of corpus.

Spoiler

infested_retriever_resized_by_krion112-d

3. The infestation does not look terrifying at all. To me they just look like big globs of screaming play-doh. They need to look more like actual monsters. I want to see more body parts and faces sticking out of them.

Spoiler

infested_razorback_resized_by_krion112-d

the-last-of-us-meet-the-infected-opsm.jp326?cb=20140715222320

Howler2.png

latest?cb=20130821145331