Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus's sentries?

ChaoticEdge

We never seen Lotus's sentries before, how does lotus sentries look like?

It said right on lotus on the quest of "war within" what type sentries we are speaking about, I don't think lotus is capable of reprograming whole luna under her control or other wise all the orokin's sevents would help us between crossfire.  We need see Lotus's units look like, (I hope its not a tenno with lotus symbol on them then it would be like -_- *really?* face)

Isn't it like... just Tenno and various allies/contractors?

Natah quest clearly states that she is "barren", whatever that means in this context, and had to "adopt" the Tenno.

Edit: Possibly also Sentinels.

Edited by LABAL

4 minutes ago, LABAL said:

Isn't it like... just Tenno and various allies/contractors?

Natah quest clearly states that she is "barren", whatever that means in this context, and had to "adopt" the Tenno.

barren unable produce a baby or infant.    dicionary saids it: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/barren?s=ts

Yes I know she can't produce kids of her own, but this doesn't point to her sentries.  She cared for all the children, but sentries went dark she wouldn't care at all.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

2 minutes ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

And children would be other Sentients. 

But possibly not drones, as it is not entirely clear whether they are individual sentiens or merely fragments of the whole.
However, in the Octavia's Anthem, Hunhow refers to them as "children". This is confusing.

Edited by LABAL

3 minutes ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

And children would be other Sentients. 

I didn't say sentients, I said sentries, like a turret, or a patrol/guard person.  We would noticed if lotus did apply them, wouldn't we be inform and know their outfits that is from lotus or we do know their outfit and the sentries are thous pet animals we keep on sending in >.>...it would...expain our dogs r dead for sure.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

I believe, Lotus employs various tools to achieve different goals. Such as manipulating factions into conflict between them without being directly involved and sending reprogrammed Corpus proxies and squads of specters to solve trivial problems. I don't think Lotus would want them to be immediately recognized as belonging to her, otherwise she would just send Tenno.

Edited by LABAL

9 minutes ago, LABAL said:

I believe, Lotus employs various tools to achieve different goals. Such as manipulating factions into conflict between them without being directly involved and sending reprogrammed Corpus proxies and squads of specters to solve trivial problems.

possible, or she could still have her sentients under control.  For it depends on it.  We do recived dex weapons an special type weapons sets.  We won't see any more dex type weapons again very offten but to believed it is possible Lotus may have few certant spectures has symbol of lotus.

6 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

I always figured the fact that you never see them is kind of the point. They're (presumably) there for reconnaissance purposes, so it stands to reason that they're meant to be inconspicuous in some fashion or another.

That is biggest issue, we do have standared people like synicates, human likeness, yet we do not see her sentries what they look like, I know lotus could of pick for higher, what happen its her personal guards?  Maybe give little good fashion frame might do the job, but not all the lotus's gears aren't the same, just like the dex weapons, maybe a dex warframe symbolized her and her special ablitites shared with that warframe (just like Mirage, to honor her's death she would make a copy off mirage and make a lotus symbol as fashion, but change in the warframe suit).

Sentient drones are possible, considering that same as hunhow, she at one point was a sentient "mothership"/entity with many smaller combat drones.

a few things however:

- she lost any ability to create drones/fragments when she traveled to origin, as she went through the void without the shielding of a solar rail, as i presume the orokin has destroyed our end of the Outer Terminus rail by then (that's the one the corpus are rebuilding on pluto atm).

- she mentions destroying all parts of herself that were natah, and this may refer to many of her sentient fragments.

1 minute ago, SeaUrchins said:

Technically Lotus/Natah is a terraforming drone, which means she is not alive and can't have children anyway. Most likely her being "barren" means she simply cannot assemble smaller drones.

it doesn't mean she can't build a machine to do her dirty works like the tenno able transferces.