Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Mechanor - The Ballistic Warframe

Rammone-X

Mechanor - The Munitions/Balistic Warframe

Mechanor is a munitions warframe. Think of Bastion from Overwatch, but with some versatility. He would specifically be ideal for defense and excavation missions, but can be used in any scenario. He is a damage warframe, with the ability to adapt to different enemy types. Here are what I thought his stats would look like:

Health: 125 (350 at 30)

Shields: 150 (300 at 30)

Armor: 400

Energy: 150 (230 at 30)

Sprint Speed: 0.7

===================================================

Aura Polarity: Naramon

Polarities: 1 Vazarin; 1 Naramon

(Passive) Gun Gauge - Any extra ammo Mechanor picks up (when his ammo is full for either primary or secondary) fills his "Gun Gauge" (with visual HUD indicator which looks like a gauge i.e. like a steam valve/speedometer/gauge visualization). When his gun gauge is full (in red zone), he can use his 1st & 4th skill to expel all extra ammunition acquired. When any of those skills are used with max Gun Gauge, those skills will do increased base & crit damage.

(Skill 1) Barrage

Mechanor unleashes a barrage of missiles (min of 2, max of 10 with mods) which detonate on impact and cause blast damage in a specific radius. This skill is affected by strength, duration and range mods, and also any extra ammunition picked up from his passive Gun Gauge (Gun Gauge increases the number of missiles, base damage & crit damage of this skill). It is also affected by his second skill which is explained below

(Skill 2)  Ordnance Re-calibration (O-R) or Ordnance Re-Calibration Wave (O-R-W)

Mechanor can switch between 4 specific elemental types (Magnetic | Corrosive | Viral | Blast). When he does this, he emits an AoE wave (similar to Volt's 4) which proc's enemies caught in the radius. The proc lasts for half the duration of the skill. In addition, players caught in the blast wave of the skill get additional elemental damage (of the element selected by Mechanor) to their Primary/Secondary weapons for half the duration of the skill.

Mechanics in Detail

When Mechanor changes the elemental type of his powers,  he gets the switched element's damage type in addition to the default skill's base element type as well, though it will be halved. For instance Barrage does base blast damage, but setting O-R to Viral will mean that he will do half of the damage of Barrage as blast, and half of Barrage's damage as Viral. Same goes for all other skills. If O-R is set to Blast, then Barrage will just do the full blast damage.

When O-R affects players, it does not work the same way. It will not cut their base element damage in half, but instead add a percentage of the chosen element type as extra damage to their pri/sec weapons.

There is a very long cool-down (1-2 mins) when you switch element types. O-R is affected by Strength mods only.

(Skill 3) Cluster Bombs (Mines)

Mechanor disperses a flurry of cluster bombs (mines) to blanket a cone-shaped area in front of him. Gun Gauge affects this skill by increasing the number of bombs (by a certain percentage) thrown. O-R also affects the base & additional damage of this skill (similar to how it affects barrage). Cluster bombs have 3 specific types (similar to how you can switch between Vauban's bombs as well). They are listed below:

- Flame Geysers: These bombs/mines Emit flames upwards like a geyser when they are thrown out and hit the floor for a specific period of time. They are also affected by O-R

- Floating (Balloon) Mines: These are bombs that will float in mid-air and bounce off surfaces for the duration of the time they are out. They do base blast damage. They will explode on contact. O-R affects these bomb types and they will do the calibrated element damage from O-R i.e. if O-R is set to viral, they will do half blast damage, and half viral damage.

- Sticky Liquid Mines: Mechanor throws out sticky bombs which melt and create a puddle in in a coned area. This puddle will hold enemies in place for a period of time. They are the only mines which do not do any damage. They are not affected by O-R (but maybe can be affected by Gun Gauge)

Cluster Bombs are affected by strength & duration mods, as well as O-R skill, and the Gun Gauge passive (Gun Gauge increases the number of bombs, plus the base and crit damage of this skill)

(Skill 4) M-32R (Turret & Pulse Cannon Transformation)

Mechanor transforms into a turrent with 2 extremely high ammo and very powerful turret/gatling guns, and a heavy caliber pulse cannon (just like the Opticor). The turret rotates 360 degrees, but is stationary. The gatling guns are fired with the primary fire button, and the pulse cannon is fired with the melee fire button. This skill is affected by O-R and Gun Gauge. When Gun Gauge affects the gatling fire specifically, it will have a burst in fire rate for the duration of the time Gun Gauge expels the extra ammo and goes back to zero.

Thoughts/feedback ?

Edited by Rammone-X
Modified skill 2

13 hours ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

Isnt that cooldown on his 2nd ability too punishing in this fast-paced game.

I agree it is a little too long. But I thought that there should be something that balances the ability to literally switch between element types mid-mission. Right now you can't, and having a frame that could do this might seem a little OP. Maybe 1 minute cool-down is a little better perhaps

15 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

I think you should give his second ability something in addition to changing the damage of his other abilities.

I couldn't really think of anything. The second ability (I thought) was really geared to make him more adaptable. Don't really know what to tack on to that

Just now, Rammone-X said:

I couldn't really think of anything. The second ability (I thought) was really geared to make him more adaptable. Don't really know what to tack on to that

Perhaps have it add the chosen element to nearby allies weapons/abilities half the cooldown time of the ability?

3 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Perhaps have it add the chosen element to nearby allies weapons/abilities half the cooldown time of the ability?

I like that actually. Maybe it emits an AoE wave from Mechanor outwards (similar to Volt's 4th ability). Any enemy who is in the radius of the blast gets proc'd by the switched element. On the flip side, any players who are in the blast radius get additional element damage to their primary & secondary fire!

Oh I like that a lot. Will modify the post now.

Edited by Rammone-X
typo

14 hours ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

Isnt that cooldown on his 2nd ability too punishing in this fast-paced game.

I think it's kind of silly to have a cool down at all considering depending on the faction your just going to use one damage type the whole mission. And if you do come across one enemy that is better handled with a dif element then you'll probably abstain from switching to it in favor of just using a weapon equipped to take it down.

1 hour ago, (PS4)appretice said:

I think it's kind of silly to have a cool down at all considering depending on the faction your just going to use one damage type the whole mission. And if you do come across one enemy that is better handled with a dif element then you'll probably abstain from switching to it in favor of just using a weapon equipped to take it down.

No necessarily. Kuva floods are good examples of wjen you might want ot switch between corrosive for Kuva guards, or magnetic for corpus if it's in a corpus tile set