The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I feel Ash needs a small buff to his bladestorm (4th) ability

(XBOX)YoAlaskaDude

11 hours ago, Jobistober said:

Ash is fine if you think outside the "press 4 to win" box.

Yep like using his ult's invincibility to wait out strong proc effects like toxic and slash at higher levels or dodging incoming aoe, etc, that would otherwise difficult to move out of the way in time. I use a life strike on my melee only Ash and channel-fatal teleport to refill health on the fly.(really funny when you dodge a bombard rocket by teleport killing him). Skill trumps spam any day and it's more beneficial to not be in a constant state of ulting in case your team needs help.

On 8/21/2017 at 11:36 PM, (Xbox One)ThatAlaskanDude said:

So after a long period of time I went back to playing Ash for a bit. Of course I stayed away from him cause of the major change to his 4th. I totally understand why but I feel it was a bit overboard that you now have to target enemies by aiming at them individually.

Bladestorm works into his gameplay differently now but is quite user-friendly once you get the hang of how to best use it. If your strategy for it is 4 -> wiggle -> 4, no wonder it's awkward, and in this case Teleport will do the job better. I figured out new Ash in the following way, and I recommend players try this to get a handle on him:

Play a Defense. At the start of a wave, before enemies even get there, hit 4 to turn on Bladestorm. It costs nothing and you can still regen Energy while it's on. Proceed to go to town on things any way you like with your weapons and Ash's other three abilities. When you run low on Energy, if you notice a lot of enemies are marked, if you want to escape a Status proc, or really whenever you feel like it, toggle off 4 to watch everything around you melt. New Ash works a bit like Saryn, in that you can ignore some enemies and let your skills take them out later. As long as you have the Energy for it, Bladestorm should always be either toggled on or being used. By integrating BS use into Ash's combat instead of havng it as a separate entity, you apply your marks without hindering your combat flow with awkward aim wiggles.

Hope this helps.

Edited by SenorClipClop

I think it needs less a buff and more an opportunity to make it more interactive.  My idea was always:

1)activate

2)target up to two enemies. 

3)Timer starts counting down  

4)Target up to two more enemies, but do more damage. 

5)you continue the process but each time the timer gets shorter with damage increasing.

I think this would remove the boredom that people complain about, make it more interactive and create a fun challenge. 

5 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Bladestorm works into his gameplay differently now but is quite user-friendly once you get the hang of how to best use it. If your strategy for it is 4 -> wiggle -> 4, no wonder it's awkward, and in this case Teleport will do the job better. I figured out new Ash in the following way, and I recommend players try this to get a handle on him:

Play a Defense. At the start of a wave, before enemies even get there, hit 4 to turn on Bladestorm. It costs nothing and you can still regen Energy while it's on. Proceed to go to town on things any way you like with your weapons and Ash's other three abilities. When you run low on Energy, if you notice a lot of enemies are marked, if you want to escape a Status proc, or really whenever you feel like it, toggle off 4 to watch everything around you melt. New Ash works a bit like Saryn, in that you can ignore some enemies and let your skills take them out later. As long as you have the Energy for it, Bladestorm should always be either toggled on or being used. By integrating BS use into Ash's combat instead of havng it as a separate entity, you apply your marks without hindering your combat flow with awkward aim wiggles.

Hope this helps.

This is how to use BS. And it's actually a unique way to play compared to other frames. People just dont want to leave their comfort zone and instead wants another reskinned nuke, melee stance or World on Fire clone. It's a good thing that he doesn't play the same as other frames. Marking is a unique mechanic in this game and we need more ults that try to be different and not just be a copy cat of another ability.