Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List of Trial Bugs and Workarounds

Takkov

Hello fellow Tenno,

It has been some time since the closing of the raid bug megathread, but that doesnt mean that there are no bugs to be found in the three trials. In this thread, the Warframe Raid Schoolbus (Warframe Raid Schoolbus) wishes to inform everyone that does the trials (or wants to get started) on what to do when some bugs are encountered as well as how to prevent them (if possible). With this information we would also like to try and find methods to reproduce the bugs and help DE fix them. To make it more visible, the bugs will show up in order of trial and severity, from my perspective.

This list will be kept up to date with current information, like fixes, new bugs and also things that you hopefully post in this thread, especially if you have found ways to reproduce those.

The Law of Retribution Bugs:

• In the hijack phase, dying on a pad will bug all the pads and re-activate the electricity.

Spoiler

Severity: Between medium and extreme (although can make the nightmare version fail easily).

Description: In the hijack phase, should a player get downed on a pad, that will bug all the series of pads and re-activate the electricity. The electricity will stay on until everyone step off the pads and on again.

Note: this also happens on third stage (hek on trial)’s pads, kela bossfight’s pads and JV pads, but not in the ‘Security System’ pads (those most likely have a different code).

Occurrence: Everytime someone dies on a pad in the hijack stage.

Reproduction: Have someone get downed on a pad.

Avoidance: Unknown

Workaround: Have everyone step off the pads and on again.

• Hacks will lock up if someone other than the host hacks a console.

Spoiler

Severity: Extreme in most of the cases.

Description: A console may lock up and become unhackable if someone hacks it.

Occurrence: Rare

Reproduction: (unconfirmed) Seems to occur when the person hacking the console gets downed or has a lag spike/very high ping.

Avoidance: Have host hack consoles.

Workaround: sometimes fixable by a purge/Alt+F4. Sometimes forces the team to restart the raid.

• In the first stage, every enemy will dispense a bomb.

Spoiler

Severity: Medium (although it will force the team to restart).

Description: Sometimes happens that every enemy in the first stage will dispense a bomb when killed. If one player attempts to charge one of them (or the one from the bomb dispenser), everytime an enemy dies the bomb charging will stop.

Occurrence: Rarely.

Reproduction: (not confirmed) seems to be related with the host doing kuva missions before the raid.

Avoidance: Unknown.

Workaround: Restart host’s game and retry.

• In the third stage, the dispensed bomb can randomly disappear and reappear on another enemy.

Spoiler

Severity: Between low and medium (although really annoying, can make the team wait several minute for a bomb to spawn).

Description: In stage 3 “Hek on Trial” phase, after killing the enemy carry, the bomb will disappear and reappear on another carry.

Occurrence: High (usually at least once in every raid)

Reproduction: common occurence

Workaround: Unknown.

• Nova Portal/Titania Razorwing transformation on Puzzle Pad fails puzzle
Spoiler

Severity: Low (Can be annoying) Client only

Description: Use a Wormhole to teleport yourself on the correct pad in the puzzle room, it will register and unregister, leading to a fail of the attempt, team has to redo the hacks afterwards. For Titania, deactivating Razorwing will trigger the same effect.

Occurence: High to Low, dependent on nova using wormhole to get on the Pad.

Reproduction: Use Wormhole to get on the right pad/Deactivate Titania 4 while standing on a pad

Avoidance: Dont use Wormhole/Razorwing

Workaround: See above

The Jordas Verdict Bugs:

• Jordas golem not docking properly.

Spoiler

Severity: High, major progression stopper.

Description: Sometimes Jordas Golem does not dock properly thus not allowing his weak spot’s hitbox to be opened and making the raid unfinishable.

Occurrence: 50% of the runs

Reproduction: (unconfirmed) Seems to be related to “capping” golem during certain attack animations, e.g. the fireball attack.

Avoidance: (unconfirmed) Delaying capping the golems health seems to reduce the chance of the bug occuring dramatically.

Workaround: Try to push spores sideways or from different angles. However this is inconsistent.

• Hacks will lock up if someone other than the host hacks a console.

Spoiler

Severity: Extreme in most of the cases.

Description: A console may lock up and become unhackable if someone hacks it.

Occurrence: Rare

Reproduction: (unconfirmed) Seems to occur when the person hacking the console gets downed or has a lag spike/very high ping.

Avoidance: Have host hack consoles.

Workaround: sometimes fixable by a purge/Alt+F4. Sometimes forces the team to restart the raid.

• Clients having problems with esophages.

Spoiler

Severity: Medium (basically makes clients useless in some sections of the raid).

Description: When a client tries to take an esophage, they will be teleported forth, then back, then forth again. Under a medium-high ping or desync, that will lead to clients not being able to teleport to the other side of the esophage.

Occurrence: 70-75% of the runs.

Reproduction: Clients has to try and take an esophage.

Workaround: Have the host take the esophage, or have the client use their operator to take it (this might lead to the operator diying while taking it though) or use an emote right after using the esophage. It should teleport you to the exit, then to the entrace and after emote ends back to exit

• Spores being unresponsive for clients.

Spoiler

Severity: Between low and medium.

Description: Spores tend to be finnicky and unresponsive for clients, not allowing them to push, often stucking them inside the spore.

Occurrence: 60% of the spores.

Reproduction: Have a client try to push a spore.

Workaround: Have the host push spores,

• Invisible ceiling above the elevator in stage 2 should be fixed, if not let me know

Spoiler

Severity: Between low and medium.

Description: In the ‘elevator phase’ the platform’s tip has a large hitbox that can often stuck players or stop them from bullet-jumping.

Occurrence: Always.

Reproduction: Bullet-jump straight up when on the platform.

Avoidance: None.

Workaround: Try to jump from the edges of the platform, don’t jump straight up.

• Not crouching when entering the golem’s insides will stuck the player in the entrance vent.

Spoiler

Severity: Between low and medium

Description: Usually when going through the entrance vent in the golem’s insides, not crouching stucks players into the vent, making them unable to proceed unless they type “/unstuck” in chat.

Occurrence: Almost everytime.

Reproduction: Do not crouch when entering the golem’s insides.

Avoidance: Always crouch when entering the golem’s insides.

Workaround: /unstuck is currently the fastest and safest way.

Edited by Takkov

Before this thread starts to grow in size, I'd like to post a little thank you.

Thank you for the past and upcoming (hot)fixes! Thank you for spending your time and effort in improving the trial experience for both experienced and new raiders.

I, amongst others, really appreciate everything that has been done in the past and that will be done in the future.

Thanks in advance!

Much love!! -- Bed.

Thanks for the post. 

Another really annoying LoR bug is when a client nova portals directly onto a pad in stage 2 it fails the whole puzzle stage. Would appreciate if you added it for awareness. Thanks again :heart:

7 minutes ago, --Q--Sherms said:

Thanks for the post. 

Another really annoying LoR bug is when a client nova portals directly onto a pad in stage 2 it fails the whole puzzle stage. Would appreciate if you added it for awareness. Thanks again :heart:

Thanks for organizing all the threads into one.

One minor bug from Jordas Verdict is the crouch bug after transitioning from Archwing to foot in Stage 1. Unsure how this is caused, but bullet jumping seems to temporarily fix it until you crouch again. Of course you can always just deal with it until Stage 2, but it is fairly annoying up until then.

Thanks so much for this !

I had the Lor bug with every ennemy dispensing bomb many times now, and this is what I found :
It appears 100% of the time when the host did JV as last mission, in LOR NIGHTMARE MODE ONLY.
it can also appear in other situations, but i didn't encounter it yet in other situations.

Also, the avoidance is restarting the game after doing JV (whatever happened in JV, glitches or not)

The bug appeared 17/17 times in the situation described.

Edited by austraala

@austraala Hmm, we do JV>LoRNM>LoR fairly often in that order and havent encountered the bug as consistently as you describe it, was it the same host in those situations, or different hosts? If it was the same host, getting the EE.log when it occurs would be a great help, but just safe it for now and especially dont send it to other players. Just give it some fancy name like: EE_Enemy_spawning_bomb_lor.log or something, so that you or the host can identify it if DE needs it.

Thanks for reading

I know the hacking bug pretty well, it has happened to me once outside of raids and twice in raids, once in LoR and once in JV. The bug occurs if you have any sort of momentum (for example an ancients pull) while the animation between your regular state and the typing animation is playing. Once the bug happens you are stuck in the typing animation, but no hacking UI appears. You can get out of this animation by pressing ESC, but the console will remain unhackable. The typing animation restarts after several seconds (even if you've moved), but like before no hacking UI will appear. Essentially it seems that once the bug occurs you are permanently assigned to hacking the console and the regular ways of stopping hacking don't work.

Since I was the one who triggered the bug I've tried several solutions: waiting, alt+f4, getting downed, dying and finally the host leaving. The only thing that worked so far was the host leaving, which I've tested in a regular mission (I wasn't the host). Another possible solution might be aborting the mission if you are the one who bugged the console, since your bugged state is "saved" if you alt+f4 and rejoin. The mission/raids where this has happened were not laggy for me, but it's possible that my ping was higher than it is in regular missions with good hosts.

Edited by ShadowRuin

41 minutes ago, ShadowRuin said:

I know the hacking bug pretty well, it has happened to me once outside of raids and twice in raids, once in LoR and once in JV. The bug occurs if you have any sort of momentum (for example an ancients pull) while the animation between your regular state and the typing animation is playing. Once the bug happens you are stuck in the typing animation, but no hacking UI appears. You can get out of this animation by pressing ESC, but the console will remain unhackable. The typing animation restarts after several seconds (even if you've moved), but like before no hacking UI will appear. Essentially it seems that once the bug occurs you are permanently assigned to hacking the console and the regular ways of stopping hacking don't work.

Since I was the one who triggered the bug I've tried several solutions: waiting, alt+f4, getting downed, dying and finally the host leaving. The only thing that worked so far was the host leaving, which I've tested in a regular mission (I wasn't the host). Another possible solution might be aborting the mission if you are the one who bugged the console, since your bugged state is "saved" if you alt+f4 and rejoin. The mission/raids where this has happened were not laggy for me, but it's possible that my ping was higher than it is in regular missions with good hosts.

We've noticed it happening only on client side and often under connection issues, so i think it's safe to assume it to be a client or lag-related bug.

Another progression stopping bug in The Jordas Verdict is that when someone who is lagging a lot tries to hack a console sometimes the console bugs out and no one in the entire raid is able to hack any of the consoles in the raid, even the host. The only option has been to restart. This is quite common in stage 3 of The Jordas Verdict.

Edited by --Nephilim--
Autocorrect typos