Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Sibyl, Theme: Tarot User/Fortune Teller, For the Arbiter of Hexis {Soon to be Redone}

FoxFX

jfShGaqg.jpg

Fate is in your hands when the hand is dealt by Sibyl. -Lotus

Introduction

This Warframe concept is an idea for a Warframe based on the ability of "fortunetelling" and "tarot" theme. I initially did an older variant of this Warframe long ago, but this is a new revisited variant of Sibyl. Back then, I wanted to design a Warframe that embodies the true meaning behind Vazarin. In this variant, I would like to make this Warframe not only be connected to the faction: Arbiters of Hexis, but also tie in on an interesting lore story with the Orokin.

Gameplay Details of Sibyl

Sibyl conjures cards of energy that are inscribed by the Minor Arcane Tarot Card Set. The concept of Sibyl's abilities are to use Sibyl's fortunetelling powers to restrict enemy onslaughts, create fortune to allies, misfortunes to foes, and more. I also wanted this Warframe to be the first to deal with Affinity rewards and use Affinity received to fuel certain abilities but that would've been a bit obscure in my part. The core style of Sibyl is based on Supportive tactics with some degree of Crowd Control.

Quick Lore Behind Sibyl

Sibyl I imagined would be a great fit for the Arbiter of Hexis who seek a truth through discipline and practice. In a story I thought up, the Arbiter of Hexis discover the location of an elderly soothsayer that served the Orokin in a number of occasions. The services of the soothsayer rewarded her a Warframe to protect her people; the Warframe rewarded is none other than Sibyl which complemented the soothsayer's foretelling powers. The soothsayer has also made prophecies to Margulis, Ballas, and at the end of a mission she will make her last prophecy to the Tenno of growing threats to come. She will also make a prophecy to the Lotus of a terrible fate that will test the bond between her and the Tenno.

• HEALTH: 90 (270 Max)
  • SHIELD: 175 (525 Max)
  • ENERGY: 190 (285 Max)
  • ARMOR: 100
  • SHIELD RECHARGE: 20
  • SPRINT: 1.2
  • POLARITIES: Naramon Pol(Aura),Vazarin Pol x1, Naramon Polx1

List of Possible Passives

All Known - Sibyl comes with increased Affinity Range.

Throwing Master - Sibyl comes with increased projectile Flight Speed for all weapons.

Foresight - Sibyl is able to see enemies through walls at a certain range.

Prepared Augury - Enemies with full Codex receive more damage from Sibyl.

Determined Reward - Enemies killed by Sibyl have chance to drop an extra Health/Energy Orb.

UPDATED SYNOPSIS FOR SIBYL ABILITY REWORK 8/30/18 {WILL SOON MAKE A NEW THREAD SINCE THIS ONE WILL SOON DIE}

Sibyl will be moving from just a pure support based to something more in line with a "Support-Assassin." She will also have specialties in linking effects and escaping from dangerous situations.

[ARCANA]

• Sibyl fires cards (in a line or a conical zone) striking enemies in a wide area zone dealing damage (based on Primary Mods) and places a debuff which triggers an effect when they die.

[CHAINED FATE]

• Sibyl deploys a card stunning enemies on impact and creates chain links from the card to all surrounding enemies in the AOE. Enemies affected are unable to move away X meters from the card and any damage done to one of them deals XX-XXX% damage to the rest of the chained foes. Sibyl has control to either tighten the chains' hold bringing them closer to the epicenter, or canceling the link earlier ripping the chains of enemies dealing Slash Damage.

[CARD OF DESTINY]

• Creates a "Save Point Card" where she targets it. Activating the ability again will send her to the Destiny Card. When her Health goes to fatal levels, the ability will instantly move her to the card as well but initiates a cooldown this way.

[ALL SIGHT]

• Eye of Sibyl watches all. Sibyl's eye appears above her following and watching all the activity that surrounds her and her allies. Grants buffs to all allies based on what the eye sees.

[SYNERGY LIST]

All Sight + Arcana: Arcana deals XXX% more damage if an enemy is within All Sight's radius.

Card of Destiny + Arcana: Arcana gains XXX% Multishot while Card of Destiny is toggled on.

Chained Fate + Arcana: Arcana's debuff effect is shared among enemies linked.

Abilities

Ability 1: [Arcana]

Sibyl throws a piercing Tarot Card dealing minor Puncture Damage. The Attack has infinite Punch Through, staggers enemies it hits and can go through terrain. [Arcana] can switch through 4 different Minor Arcana Suits which adds different functions when the ability hits an enemy. {Suit of Wand} Can force an enemy to drop a Health Orb on hit. {Suit of Coin} Can force an enemy to drop ??? on hit. {Suit of Sword} Can force an enemy to drop an Omni Ammunition on hit. {Suit of Goblet} Can force an enemy to drop an Energy Orb on hit. Each Suit can drop a respective item but each Suit will have a set chance to drop it.

Ability 2: [Wall of Prediction]

Sibyl turns a tarot card into a reflective shield. Allies can shoot through one side of the shield. The other side of the shield will defend damage from the other side and will pulse a conical energy attack every few seconds for Impact damage. The damage done is set to XXX damage, but every damage absorbed by enemy attacks will be added to the reflected damage. If Sibyl casts [Arcana] on the [Wall of Prediction], the shield's conical attack will hold the same {Suit} effect from that [Arcana]. Only one [Wall of Prediction] can be placed at a time. Allies can walk through it, but enemies will be pushed back.

Ability 3: [Delayed Destiny]

Sibyl foretells the fate of herself or her allies. Targeting an ally/Sibyl, it creates a protective ward defending all damage the target takes. The ability will accumulate any damage protected and will deal that damage at the end of the duration. However, any healing done to the target will accumulate points as well but will be multiplied by XXX%. An ally with this buff will receive healing if they are hit with Sibyl's [Arcana] equal to XXX% of [Arcana]'s damage.

Ability 4: [Death Sentence]

Sibyl condemns an enemy to an explosive death. The targeted enemy is stunned temporarily and a countdown is shown on top of its head. If the countdown reaches 0 with the enemy still surviving, the enemy will explode dealing damage which takes in the enemy's Health+Shield+Armor within XX m. If the enemy is killed before the timer reaches 0, the target's dealt pulses a non-stackable buff to Sibyl and allies which increases their overall damage and lasts for the remaining duration of the countdown. The countdown is determined by the level of the target enemy. Casting [Death Sentence] on the same target will cost half the Energy and will cut the countdown by X seconds and stun it briefly {the countdown will no be reduced to lower than 5 seconds this way}. Casting [Death Sentence] on a different target will remove the countdown on the previous one dealing no damage to the previous one. [Arcana] will not damage the target but will stun it for a few seconds and will decrease the countdown minimally by X seconds.

Playstyle of Sibyl

• Preparation is among the key playstyles of Sibyl, but the design is made to not limit mobility.
  • [Arcana] Becomes Sibyl's most useful ability to provide resources for herself and allies and briefly stunning enemies for a backup attack
    • Arcana's synergy with her other abilities play a unique part in her gameplay as its interaction with other abilities make her fluid in battle
  • [Wall of Prediction] Becomes Sibyl's utility for closing off enemies in closed areas or when you need to protect allies from dangerous enemy assaults
  • [Death Sentence] sets apart many abilities as both a supportive utility or a damaging attack.
    • Recasting the ability or using [Arcana] on the countdown allows the end results of this ability to not be a fallback to the fast-paced gameplay in Warframe. Either the AOE damage or the AOE buff, it is a win-win scenario.

Other Suggested Abilities [WIP]

[Shared Fate] Targets a single enemy. Places a [Link Tarot] card on enemy's head and a unique aura surrounding the enemy. Each hit on the marked [Link Tarot] target will affect enemies within range of the [Link Tarot] target. Status effects inflicted on the [Link Tarot] target will also effect surrounding enemies. Damage to surrounding enemies decreases for each enemy nearby the [Link Tarot] target. -(Credit to _Mohamed-Sultan_)

[Precognition] AOE timed buff. Each attack an ally lands on an enemy will stack a buff increasing the critical chance by an additional +1%. This buff resets if a critical hit is landed. If an ally dies with the buff, they pulse a debuff AOE on enemies allowing all source of damage to the affected enemies to be multiplied by XXX% and reducing their damage significantly.

[Omen] Sibyl attaches a cursed Tarot Card on an enemy which creates a waypoint for all allies to see and a timer to indicate when the ability ends. While the Cursed Tarot is attached to the enemy, the enemy emits an aura causing enemies nearby to run away in panic/fear for a short duration. The target receives XXX% more damage from attacks. If the target of [Omen] is also affected by [Death Sentence], the target's fear aura is increased but the damage it receives from all sources is lessened.

[Passive: All Knowing] Sibyl comes with increased Aura Range & Aura Strength. -(Credit to(PS4)MoRockaPDX)

[Chained Fate]- [Toggle Attack Ability] Sibyl targets an area where she throws a hand of up to 6-10 cards on the field. Enemies hit with these cards are attached with a [Chained Card] and will have a chain link attached to each other. Enemies linked causes them to share XXX% of the damage they take. Activating this ability again will cause the links to rip from the enemies dealing one instance of a Slash damage and will stagger them. Holding this ability will tighten the links together in an instant causing them to collide with each other and deal damage.

Where the name "Sibyl" came from?

WIKI LINK DESCRIBING WHAT A SIBYL WAS

In Ancient Greek, Sibyls were female oracles who were believed to possess the power of prophecy and were located in "holy sites." They were said to have received these prophecies from the gods themselves.

I found these facts fascinating and compared this relationship between a Sibyl and their Deity to Warframes and the Operator. In the game, the Tenno are regarded as extremely powerful entities with their Warframes the ultimate tool for battle. So in this sense, I imagined that the relationship between a Sibyl and their idols would made an interesting composition for a Warframe.

Edited by FoxFX
Updating abilities

Playstyle of Sibyl

• Preparation is among the key playstyles of Sibyl, but the design is made to not limit mobility.
  • [Arcana] Becomes Sibyl's most useful ability to provide resources for herself and allies and briefly stunning enemies for a backup attack
    • Arcana's synergy with her other abilities play a unique part in her gameplay as its interaction with other abilities make her fluid in battle
  • [Wall of Prediction] Becomes Sibyl's utility for closing off enemies in closed areas or when you need to protect allies from dangerous enemy assaults
  • [Death Sentence] sets apart many abilities as both a supportive utility or a damaging attack.
    • Recasting the ability or using [Arcana] on the countdown allows the end results of this ability to not be a fallback to the fast-paced gameplay in Warframe. Either the AOE damage or the AOE buff, it is a win-win scenario.

10 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

How come no one has commented on this yet? This is freakin' amazing! Love the art, too!

Makes it even better considering that the Arbiters are my fam. I would recommend making some stats for her, too. (Health, Armor, Shield, Energy, Sprint Speed, Polarities)

I completely forgot about the stats for this Warframe. I'll get on that once I get some things settled on my end.

Working on the storyline quest for this Warframe. I feel it would fit thematically and would create a new interesting story progression to include a soothsayer announcing her last prophecies to both the Tenno and the Lotus of future dangers to come.

NEW ABILITY UPDATE

Omen - Sibyl attaches a cursed Tarot Card on an enemy which creates a waypoint for all allies to see and a timer to indicate when the ability ends. While the Cursed Tarot is attached to the enemy, the enemy emits an aura causing enemies nearby to run away in panic/fear for a short duration. The target receives XXX% more damage from attacks. If the target of [Omen] is also affected by [Death Sentence], the target's fear aura is increased but the damage it receives from all sources is lessened.

16 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyWill718 said:

I love the whole fortune teller theme I also had a Warframe concept theme about a fortune teller unfortunately the artist bailed but seeing another fortune teller Warframe is really interesting and arbiter of hexis is a perfect fit.

I agree.

There will be a time for the Arbiter of Hexis to have their own Warframe Quest associated with them.

I am still working on the storyline for Sibyl.

NEW MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION UPDATE

Where the name "Sibyl" came from?

WIKI LINK DESCRIBING WHAT A SIBYL WAS

In Ancient Greek, Sibyls were female oracles who were believed to possess the power of prophecy and were located in "holy sites." They were said to have received these prophecies from the gods themselves.

I found these facts fascinating and compared this relationship between a Sibyl and their Deity to Warframes and the Operator. In the game, the Tenno are regarded as extremely powerful entities with their Warframes the ultimate tool for battle. So in this sense, I imagined that the relationship between a Sibyl and their idols would made an interesting composition for a Warframe.

I am thinking of including Tyl Regor into the storyline behind the Soothsayer. Tyl Regor has been shown to be one of the most competent villainous character in the Warframe game and I'd like to see how an intelligent Grineer like him would interact with the idea of a soothsayer trying to aid the Tenno and Lotus.

NEW ABILITY UPDATE

Chained Fate- [Toggle Attack Ability] Sibyl targets an area where she throws a hand of up to 6-10 cards on the field. Enemies hit with these cards are attached with a [Chained Card] and will have a chain link attached to each other. Enemies linked causes them to share XXX% of the damage they take. Activating this ability again will cause the links to rip from the enemies dealing one instance of a Slash damage and will stagger them. Holding this ability will tighten the links together in an instant causing them to collide with each other and deal damage.

Edited by FoxFX

The Soothsayer that will be described in the lore of this concept will have a major role and connection with Margulis and Ballas as being the individual who hinted at their fates. As the Arbiter of Hexis are followers of truth and see the Warframes not as warriors, they discover that the Orokin gifted this Soothsayer a Warframe for past services to the empire. The Arbiter of Hexis then discover an enemy seeking to have this Warframe which is called "the prophet of war" and they seek out the Tenno to retrieve this item before the enemy does.

FIRST PORTION OF THE LORE BEHIND SIBYL

The Orokin's reign was reaching a peak, but their resources dwindled by the days. To ease their uncertainty for their future, they summoned a young prodigal soothsayer from a colony in Neptune. With compensation, they demanded the girl to foretell the future of their empire. After the ritual, the little girl exhaled these words:

The hours of gold will be tested,

Each creation will be contested.

As the Great Sun rises, the moon will fall;

All obedience will rebel to all.

• 2 weeks later...