Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Combined powers

(XBOX)Oussii

I have noticed recently that if i use sonar (2nd power) with my nuke Banshee 4th power, i get to kill faster.

In addition, if we are 2 banshees, one is using sonar and the other is using sound quake, the killing is by far faster.

Was it my imagination of it is true that the sonar increases the power of sound quake?

Feel free to comment please

I imagine it's just a side effect, sound quake might just be hitting weak points created by sonar. Would make more sense if you were using Resonance to create lots of weak points on each enemy. There's probably no direct synergy between the two.

I'm sure someone somewhere has done a whole lot of Simulacrum testing on this though.

I can tell from experience of maining a Banshee that yes, Sonar and Sound Quake do interact quite the way you'd expect them to: Sound Quake deals damage to a specific body part (sadly, I can't tell which, it might be feet or just torso) and if that body part is also painted by Sonar, the enemy will take damage multiplied by Sonar. It's not the strongest synergy due to randomness, but it exists, and as the previous poster said, Resonance augment helps with this greatly.

That said, you probably should only rely on SQ when things go bad and you really need to stagger-lock an entire room. Otherwise, using SQ may suck all the fun out of playing this incredibly fun frame. When you have Resonance, you can run and parkour around (essential to surviving as Banshee and also fun) while recasting Silence on cooldown, spamming Sonar and using Sonic Boom as necessary to disable packs of dangerous enemies. She is a real gore machine when played very aggressively, capable of inflicting incredible amounts of damage even with weak weapons, and she's also very good for leveling up weapons for that very reason. She's the reason I kept playing to MR24 and still haven't gotten bored with the game.

P.S. I can share my build if you're not sure what build to try with her.

2 hours ago, Helleborr said:

I can tell from experience of maining a Banshee that yes, Sonar and Sound Quake do interact quite the way you'd expect them to: Sound Quake deals damage to a specific body part (sadly, I can't tell which, it might be feet or just torso) and if that body part is also painted by Sonar, the enemy will take damage multiplied by Sonar. It's not the strongest synergy due to randomness, but it exists, and as the previous poster said, Resonance augment helps with this greatly.

That said, you probably should only rely on SQ when things go bad and you really need to stagger-lock an entire room. Otherwise, using SQ may suck all the fun out of playing this incredibly fun frame. When you have Resonance, you can run and parkour around (essential to surviving as Banshee and also fun) while recasting Silence on cooldown, spamming Sonar and using Sonic Boom as necessary to disable packs of dangerous enemies. She is a real gore machine when played very aggressively, capable of inflicting incredible amounts of damage even with weak weapons, and she's also very good for leveling up weapons for that very reason. She's the reason I kept playing to MR24 and still haven't gotten bored with the game.

P.S. I can share my build if you're not sure what build to try with her.

Thks

My built is known as a nuke banshee, although it consumes energy more than average, but the base dmg before RQ is 185%, which practically kill everything on the whole board.

And in addition to the sonar, a wave 10+ on hydrom does not last more than 15 sec Excluding the Nux which takes almost 7 sec to die

PS: This build allows me to get 100k Focus points in 25 waves