Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seer Sucks.

Aspari

Warframe finally has some form of a gauss weapon. That's great and all but it's not a good gauss weapon. I grinded trying to get the Seer until my &#! became square, and I was deeply disappointed in the weapon.

I only like one thing about it: Its visual effects.

That's all the weapon has going for it. Sure, the base damage is high. But it has literally zero crit chance and shares the same problem as other regular damage type weapons (enemy armor scaling is OP). It doesn't even have AoE or puncture like the animation of the projectile hitting something suggests. The projectile explodes when it hits something, but does it do any sort of AoE damage? Nope. I'd honestly rather have a Lato over this thing. That's how bad it is.

Are the drope rates of this weapon so bad? I got the BP and components in one day with a couple cronus BPs.

Gotta say that I wouldnt take it over Bolto/Akbolto, it could have at least one polarity slot. I hope it gets the same treatment they gave to Dera (I think it was) giving it a chance for crit damage

I feel like this weapon should have the "physics impact" damage type. It would make more sense given that it's a "gauss" type weapon, and give it innate armor ignore.

Or at least armor piercing. Or, since it'd be physical impact, make it the first weapon to reduce armor on hit since it'd be like blowing bits of armor off of the enemy.

wait isnt a Gauss gun suppose to be a coilgun that uses magnetic acceleration like a railgun ? unfortunately the game is yet to include a actual railgun you can use aside from the railgun moa being an enemy

the Seer seems to be a plasma weapon, superheated gas/plasma that is contained in a electromagnetic energy field which is then directed at the firing solution

plasma has a extremely high temperature , it would be fitting if it did innate fire damage in a tiny aoe and thus compensate somewhat for npc armor scaling and lack of critical chance without being overpowered

this would also give it some unique character as opposed to the kraken/lex and slight more utility vs the infested 

wait isnt a Gauss gun suppose to be a coilgun that uses magnetic acceleration like a railgun ? unfortunately the game is yet to include a actual railgun you can use aside from the railgun moa being an enemy

the Seer seems to be a plasma weapon, superheated gas/plasma that is contained in a electromagnetic energy field which is then directed at the firing solution

plasma has a extremely high temperature , it would be fitting if it did innate fire damage in a tiny aoe and thus compensate somewhat for npc armor scaling and lack of critical chance without being overpowered

this would also give it some unique character as opposed to the kraken/lex and slight more utility vs the infested 

The Lanka's a railgun, isn't it? Also, the electrmagentically propelled plasma makes sense - but i'm not sure how well the fire damage would work. It would be great for ancients, and nothing else.

I feel like this weapon should have the "physics impact" damage type. It would make more sense given that it's a "gauss" type weapon, and give it innate armor ignore.

+1

Or at least armor piercing. Or, since it'd be physical impact, make it the first weapon to reduce armor on hit since it'd be like blowing bits of armor off of the enemy.

+1

sounds like both are good changes to me. make things more unique, and also just as viable as everything else, but in a different way.

Edited by taiiat

oh yes forgot (seeing most ppl cant even aquire it) the lanka is infact a railgun !

does that mean railmoas have low end lankas mounted on them O_O

the seer clearly cannot be even if it is classed as one, as rail projectiles travel at least 3000 meters per second which would be hitscan to say the least and the seer does have that travel time

also being a kinetic energy weapon it would have to be piercing like the lanka, as the lankas pierces enemies and also causes serration damage

I leveled it to 30 and it sucks. And I wanted to love this gun, it looks so cool. But it really is bad. Projectile with travel time but without the typical armor piercing damage, high recoil, small magazine, super long reload, and 0% crit. It's just terrible. Needs armor piercing damage and high crit chance (20%) to make it even worth while (aka a mini sniper rifle). And it wouldn't hurt to give it a thunderbolt effect since the graphic shows it.

Am I the only person to notice that the Seer's bullets aren't affected by Bullet Attractor? (and possibly other projectile affecting skills, however I have only confirmed Bullet Attractor)

I think this is the case with every visible projectile weapon (non-hitscan) in the Tenno arsenal.

With the enemy weapons the effects vary - some visible projectile weapons are affected (notably the Seer when Captain Vor is holding it), others are not (Raptor's rockets).

If it is going to be a "pocket sniper" along with Lex it needs something from the sniper pool of gimmicks other than a higher zoom.  Anything...puncture(Lanka? Don't have one yet), armor piercing (snipertron), a mini thunderbolt (bows), 4x head damage(despair for goodness sake), an actual crit chance(no crit makes no sense to me whatsoever).

Without a crit chance its worse than a Lex in my opinion.  And something that you have to grind for days should be better than something you can buy off the shelf, even if only by a little.  Oh and by the lore of Vor and the gun itself it should be better!  Its a jury rigged Lex Prime!

Now after all that grumbling, I actually do enjoy this weapon more than the Lex because it can be used as both a "pocket sniper" or a quick blaster (on lower level unarmored targets only).

I think this is the case with every visible projectile weapon (non-hitscan) in the Tenno arsenal.

With the enemy weapons the effects vary - some visible projectile weapons are affected (notably the Seer when Captain Vor is holding it), others are not (Raptor's rockets).

Actually more projectile weapons are affected by it than aren't.

Projectiles that I have personally confirmed to be affected by Bullet Attractor:

Bolto

Boltor

Acrid

Torid

Ogris

Paris

Dispair

Kunai

Dread

Lanka

Dera

Supra

...but I can one hit lvl 70+ enemys in the void :o
I mean reload speed is fixable with mods and if you increase the fire rate you rally have one best of a pistol...its not as good as the all mighty despair, but it definetly doesnt SUCK

I have a 60 slot 2 forma seer with the Highest ranked mods, I can fit on it. It just takes far too much to make it useful you can use it to solo level 60 nightmare or tier 3 voids with that mod level. It just doesn't work well at all with low mod level and real just needs something like 15 more base, AI damage or possible a small AOE like thunderbolt.

I like it just fine. I don't regret putting a potato in it in the slightest.

The style of the pistol is great it looks cool and makes an explosion and it is a fun weapon.  That it why I am doing so much work to make mine a lex replacement for sidearm sniper.

My current mods are if anyone wonders why I say it lack power should be obvious;

hornet strike rank 10

barrel diffusion rank 5

heated charge rank 5

No-return rank 5

Convulsion rank 5

Ice storm rank 3

Stunning speed rank 3

The only thing I can do for more damage it to forma 2 more time for deep freeze rank 5

Edited by LazyKnight