Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Inquisition (IC/closed)

Psychotoxin

Stiorra glared at the Ember marked Inquisitor, disliking her impatient attitude. She glanced over at Seth when he spoke. "I'm from Bellthain. Stiorra Von Alterian," she said, adding a slight bow as she introduced herself. Her arm gave a puff of steam as it flexed, and she sighed, reaching into the tool belt at her waist and withdrawing a small multi-tool and tightening a valve near her elbow. 

The spark of the flame in the match had triggered a small reaction in the child. Having already been somewhat distanced from the two human men, now she was on the other side of the group, making sure to put the towering Aetherborn and the augmented lady between herself and them.

"... I'm Nio." she said softly. She gave a little bow much like Stiorra had before her, though a little more stiffly.

"Fen'So, from the Junglez"

This was the only responce of the Tribal as he too went inside the dark chamber, noting almost istantaneously the presence of another member of his race standing inside, with only the faint glimp of their arms meeting each other.

The Tribal would not speak anymore, instead raising his glowing arm with a closed fist, most likely as some form of salute directed to the probably high ranking aetherborn.

"... is your fault, not theirs. Now leave, Sharon, and be grateful that your incompetence is left unpunished. This time." The shrouded aetherborn berated the inquisitor before her. Sharon visibly paled, in the light coming from her armored arm, and hurried off.

Then she turned towards the group and waved her hand, which caused the curtains covering the windows to fly open. The room was bathed in the radiant light of the afternoon sun, and it looked more like a storage room, than an office of someone as important as the woman before them. It was cluttered with boxes and various apparatuses. Many of them were stained with various fluids, or covered in thick layers of dust.

The woman in front of them however was so out of place in this cluttered room, that she could be likened to a jewel among scrap metal. She wore tight black pants, and kneehigh boots with heavy soles. The corset on her chest was reinforced with small metal plates and the cloak around her sholders had a chain mesh on the inside. But the design of her attire was breathtaking. Seemingly every thread, every plate and every chain link were laid out in a strange, subtle pattern, that made it hard to keep looking at her.

"Greetings, Initiates! I must apologise for the mess here, but aside from that - I am happy to see that so many have overcome the first trial." She addressed the group and then turned towards Fen'So. "And I am even happier to see our kind spreading so far as the Vesper Jungle."

She presented a tray of cups with water, out of thin air. "Please, tell me, how did you like the desert?"

Edited by Psychotoxin

"Name's Seth Arno-" but the scoundrel had suddenly stopped and waved the match out as the light flooded the room, as the Aetherborn revealed herself, he quickly cleared his throat and said "Ah, well I live in the desert so...it's nothing special." he collected a cup of water and a bit of it down before dousing himself with the water in the cup.

He then turned to the group "As I was saying, Seth Arno of Kasaktaen, Local scoundrel and ah...recent initiate of Volt I guess?" he looked at his Litchenburg left arm and watched as the glow in it tuned down before he looked to Fen'So.

Edited by Drakeardian

"Too much sand," Stiorra said, a little awkwardly. "It kept getting in my arm, so I was constantly cleaning it out and re-calibrating it." She bowed to the aetherborn before her, fairly low since they were clearly of high rank. "I am Stiorra Von Alterian, blessed by Vauban." Her piece said, she examined the woman's dress, trying to understand the confusing patterns.

Edited by Spikey844

Unfortunately, Nio was unable to see the woman addressing them in her intricate attire, nor the tray of water they were offered. The tightness with which she clutched the instrument to her chest betrayed a hint of insecurity or timidness. But the lady was polite and welcoming, quite unlike the inquisitor before her. She couldn't quite figure out what sort of person she actually was, however. She would have to listen harder.

"It was bearable. And the journey was worthwhile, this citadel is hospitable." Nio spoke up, as though they had never been herded and hurried up a stairwell while being reprimanded a few minutes ago.

"Equinox'z light zhined a tad too much"

The tribal crossed his arms as he spoke, slightly unnerved behind his Lionhead mask; He never liked the school of Magi, all their rules and concepts were against all he learned during his life as a Tribal, but a superior is still a superior and so he tried his best not to unnerve her.

"Im not zurprized our zpeciez coverz zuch a role in the Inquizitorium"

"Dry. Too damn dry." the pirate grumbled right before grabbing a cup of water, downing it and setting on the table before grabbing another cup and doing the same.

"If everyone's reintroducing, I might as well do it myself. Vulf N. Karlson. Disciple of Hydroid." he said with a slight bow. 
"How much did this cost?" he asked, referring to her clothing and gesturing towards it. He wasn't really interested, but first impressions matter. At least, that's what his mother told him. His father couldn't have given less of a F***.

The Head Magos nodded at each member as they answered her question, and took note of Seth's kindness towards the young girl. She somewhat absentmindedly plucked at the collar of her cloak and shrugged lightly, when the pirate asked about it, but did not provide a vocal answer.

"Indeed, the desert is more of a challenge to some, and less to others. Yet many more perish in it's rolling dunes." Then she walked up to and knelt in front of Nio. "You do not have to give it fake compliments, child. I know full well, that the Citadel is only half of what you praise it to be, at best."

Then the woman rose up, and looked at the rest of the group. "We shall await a fellow inquisitor, that will accompany you on your first mission. The Citadel has seen a higher mortality rate in the later years, and thus we have switched from teaching Initiates here on the spot to sending them out to learn in the field."

Just as she finished, there was a slight knock on the door, and a giant of a man stepped in. He was visibly similar to Fen'So, And also had a mask, albeit his had serpentine features and was pulled sideways revealing a clean shaven, angular face with a strong jawline.

"What do I zee 'ere? An Abenaki tribezman, a rival of mine. And one of aet'er." The man roared in laughter and clapped on the other tribal's shoulder. "Back 'ome I would be bound by da rulez of Gulamar to drive a blade through you, but 'ere I zhall call you brot'ar. I am Bor'Mak, and I zhall be going wit you."

The Magos woman nodded at the other tribesman, and addressed the group on last time:"I shall arrange a magos apprentice to each of you. They shall be at your disposal for this mission, but it would be preferable if you did not send them into certain death. Take a moment to rest and regain your strength, and then head out. Bor will explain the mission on the way."

Bor'Mak nodded and added his own:"I zhall be waiting in da courtyard for you. Don't take too long."

With that the tribal strode out, and a young man in a white suit came in and bowed to the group:"Lords, Ladies - I have been told to show you to the mess hall. If you would kindly follow me..."

"Hang on! what's a Magos Apprentice?!" called out Seth as he was still confused, he never did understand this stuff as he came from a poor background but the sound of the mess hall made him curious as he followed the gentleman in white.

"So who're you?" asked Seth to the man in white as he put his hands in his own trouser pockets.

7 hours ago, Drakeardian said:

"Hang on! what's a Magos Apprentice?!" called out Seth as he was still confused, he never did understand this stuff as he came from a poor background but the sound of the mess hall made him curious as he followed the gentleman in white.

"Someone to explain stuff we find in the field?" Stiorra said, hazarding a guess. She was getting twitchy, not being entirely comfortable with people. Her fingers were puller at the collar of her blue shirt. It was a smart but practical one, but not one that she would wear while shoulders deep in a machine. She had some much more raggedy shirts and trousers for that. 

She would follow after the man in the white suit, trying to stop her stomach from rumbling. As she walked, she would consider the Inquistor they were working with. Bor'Mak, tribal like Fen'So, and far too boisterous for her liking.

She sighed. This was going to be long...

Nio stayed silent as she followed loosely behind the group. The people here were kinder to her than she thought they would. Not like she expected anyone to be outright mean to her, but she had kept her expectations low. The other familia of Banshee had been somewhat worried about her being sent with other initiates, for there was the possibility that she would be regarded as a burden. At least she had her faithful companion...

Having descended the stairs, the huge part-mechanical Kubrow scampered in to join his master. Her hand found his head and stroked his ears. He would not have to guide her while she still had people to follow, but she appreciated his companionship all the same. Hopefully he would be allowed to join her in the mess hall.

Fel didn't respond to the Gulamar tribesman, hiding his anger behind the mask and holding his hand extremely near to his weapon, but sadly, this wasn't the day for him to kill a rival tribe member.

When Bor'Mak finally got out, Fel hushed a "Really?" at the mention of magos apprentice being sent with them on their mission, the poor magos will be lucky if he gets back from his first mission, but this wasn't the moment yet, and in the end, he simply followed the others, steering clear of the mechanical kubrow for obvious reasons.

Thomas huffed at the lack of an answer and turned around, following the rest of the group. For now, they didn't really seem like his type of people... Shame, really. They seemed a bit too kind and innocent to his liking... a tad too friendly, maybe. He couldn't really put a finger on it.

After a short while of silence following the man, he cleared his throat and spoke up.

"So... Were any of you expecting to be summoned?"

On 21/09/2017 at 5:24 PM, ShrimpOverlord said:

Thomas huffed at the lack of an answer and turned around, following the rest of the group. For now, they didn't really seem like his type of people... Shame, really. They seemed a bit too kind and innocent to his liking... a tad too friendly, maybe. He couldn't really put a finger on it.

After a short while of silence following the man, he cleared his throat and spoke up.

"So... Were any of you expecting to be summoned?"

"Me? Nah, I'm just a rogue from a desert town, never thought I'd get a invitation such as this!" Seth replied as he tapped on his arm, looking a Thomas with a shrug and chuckle. "Hell, it gave me a shock when I first got it."

He looked for then chuckled at his pun "Pardon the pun." he giggled for a moment then said "Hell, first time I tried it out, I broke several windows, it was a smashing experience." he then burst into laughter at his bad puns.

He could almost swear someone was banging their head on the wall due to that pun.