Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Second Dream - The First Sentient ​​​​​​​

TheOmn

Hi there! 

I just finished The Second Dream and although I thoroughly enjoyed it there was one part that was excruciating.

I did most of it solo including the part where you chase the stalker to the void gate and have to fight a Sentient for the first time. By now you probably know what I'm going to say; the Sentient adapted to all of my moves before I even got it down to half health. Eventually I had no ammo on my main or side arm and all I could do was wack it with my Bo over and over again, literally chipping off 4 damage at a time. I don't know how long it took me to kill it but it was a while and I'm sure this is not a unique experience, since a solo player will only be able to do maybe 6 different damage types. 

So I don't know if Sentient fights change later but a fix that I was thinking about that would still accomplish the goal of making you use your whole arsenal but also make it possible for unsuspecting, unprepared tenno to finish this mission with minimal grief would be if the Sentient's adaptations wore off after say a minute or so. Maybe the adaptations happen faster to keep it challenging? That way you're actually forced to "switch it up" and cycle between your different damage options instead of just losing those options completely. 

Thoughts? This seems like it would be a pretty easy fix to implement but I'm kind of a nub so if there's a reason this isn't already the case then I'd love to know why.

Your encounter later will be much easier, you are given more options to defeat them and you can use certain frames to gain an advantage, later you will find a method to deal with the adaptation, this first time is kind of a presentation of the enemy so that you feel how hard is to destroy them, so when you use your tenno powers on them by contrast you see how strong are the void powers.

1 hour ago, Suncake said:

I don't remember how the quest exactly goes. Are you able to use operator by then? If yes - your operator's attacks can reset sentients' resistances.

nnope, it's the second dream, you can't do that if you haven't done tww, which needs the second dream

To op, i agree that they should tweak it a bit for someone that's not so well prepared