Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Capture Missions: Simplistic, Unfun and Repetitive

BlackCoMerc

Freezing a Voided Target in place. Shocking them into standstill. Stomping them into the air and locking them down. Put them to sleep and sneak up.

Capture missions offer SO MANY opportunities for creative use of Powers. Opportunities that dont exist in any other missions. Its a chance for Stealth powers to shine.

Except...you went and made ALL targets completely immune to Powers. 

So now, Capture missions just resemble that obligatory scene in every B Movie about clumsy cops. You know the scene: The suspect gives our bumbling protagonist bromance the slip and all they can is chase down the suspect like a couple of morons. Its predictable and embarassing and now every capture mission in Warframe plays out exactly like this. 

The knee jerk reaction decision of full immunity for capture targets - which makes zero sense in terms of lore and internal consistency of the Warframe universe to begin with - has resulted in these missions being one of the most boring and repetitive exercises in the game. They are sheer tedium from start to finish. Especially when you combine the already nonsensical power immunity with the auto alerting of the target.

Capture missions should be a chance for stealth to shine. I suggest removing BOTH the Auto Alert status AND the Power Immunity from these missions. Reward cautious, tactical play and let players get creative. 

In return for this, you could implement a system whereby, if alerts are triggered, guards flock to the Capture Target. These guards have a diminishing-returns resistance to powers, more HP and Armor then normal enemies and hit harder than normal foes. If you want to slow players down on these missions and not let them be so simplistic, do it cleverly, not with the knee-jerk, one-size-fits-all Power Immunity nonsense. 

People would ignore the stealth in it and cut through the bodyguards like anything else in the game (like a hot knife on butter).

Would Probably make it even easier because then the capture target would be stuck on cc ability #372645 while you cheese mobs.

Edited by Duduminador

1 hour ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Except...you went and made ALL targets completely immune to Powers. 

I still remember the fun of pulling the capture target off the map with Mag. Didn't have to target it, but could break the mission anyway. So, immunity to some powers is good.

1 hour ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Capture missions should be a chance for stealth to shine. I suggest removing BOTH the Auto Alert status AND the Power Immunity from these missions. Reward cautious, tactical play and let players get creative. 

No one cares for stealth. I don't believe the stealth system is good enough for this kind of mission anyway. If you get caught once in the mission, and the alarms are triggered you would fail the stealth aspect. 

Unless the rewards were fantastic, I don't think many people would deviate from the whole "murder everything" route.

Your title is perfectly accurate though. Just not sure what they can realistically do to fix it.

Edited by krc473