The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Control Modules Re: Extreme Pain To Get Now.

Backpills

/back in my day voice

Time was, getting a control module was onerous but not reminiscent of torture.

If you needed one, since it was a rare class resource, you went to the boss of the planet that dropped it and farm him a few times. Not a big deal, a reasonable amount of time spent.

Nowadays though it ain't even like that. Hyena been buffed to a nigh un-soloable level. critters got more HP's than it knows what to do with. Then you're telling me that europa has control modules now. what's the boss of europa then? oh! raptor! well that boy don't like to drop a damn thing. Just floats around two-shot'n maxed out frames that ain't built right, flashing 1378 when it dies without a single drop to show fer it. Not a BP, not a resource, not nothin'

Right about the time this whole sitchyation is playin' out the market starts selling resources fer platynumb. Now that's got me scratching my unkempt  greasy prospector chin

/back in my day voice end

But but but...

You can still get the stuff from the, like, um, lockers and containers (and mob drops).

It's not like you're obliged to kill the boss, especially after they were made suitably, er, bossy.

Edited by JustDont

well idk how about you but they did up the amount of control mods per pack (got 3 and 2 in one mission, that is 2 packs, one containing 3 CMs and the other 2CMs)

but i have to agree that the harder levels (anything past saturn) is nigh un-solo-able, or is insanely tedious/difficult and slow to do so...

and raptor drops... FTW! Look at all that loot i don`t get!

You have it all wrong. You do not farm the bosses for control modules. You farm the containers. Blow up ALL the containers!

No, you used to farm containers. I did that too before these recents updates (the "drop bonanza" and the "fix"). Now it's just impossible. I've been to quite a few maps lately (Europa and Neptune), with Master Thief 3 equipped, exploring the whole map, killing every enemy in my way, destroying every container and have not found single control module that way. Plus, if you go to Europa, the only thing you get is Rubedo. All… the f-ing… time.

Difficulty-wise I don't mind doing solo boss runs, but it's just so boring to just rush to kill the boss to maybe get a rare component.

NuhKDPSh.jpg109 control modules.. hard? they made it EASIER. not harder. wtf are you talking about. no one says you have to farm the boss. and if you cant handle the missions that just means well.. you need to rank your stuff up more, get better mods on them.

Edited by xenapan

NuhKDPSh.jpg109 control modules.. hard? they made it EASIER. not harder. wtf are you talking about. no one says you have to farm the boss. and if you cant handle the missions that just means well.. you need to rank your stuff up more, get better mods on them.

yeah..I got like 60 control modules and over 100 morphics after update 9, before they patched it, what's your point?

109 control modules.. hard? they made it EASIER. not harder. wtf are you talking about. no one says you have to farm the boss. and if you cant handle the missions that just means well.. you need to rank your stuff up more, get better mods on them.

Somebody farmed hard right after U9 came out....

yeah i'm pretty sure you got that when the drop rates were messed up for a weekend and containers and hyena were dropping 2 control mods at a time. No need to try and make yourself sound cool.

OP is right though, farming bosses definitely isn't as easy as it was pre-U9.

Yeah, a lot of my clan mates farmed CMs when the drop rates were all messed up, good try on the troll though.

I did ~50 E Primes since the "Fix" to the drop tables, leveling lowbie stuff and farming Rubedo.

Got -1- Neurode.

Seriously, this is almost worse than U8 drop rates....

Edited by Xylia

I think it would be nice if they had little short-duration events where certain possibly rare materials dropped commonly, like they did after update 9 briefly (I know that was an unintended bug, but it made a lot of people quite happy). Does that sound like it'd make for a decent compromise?

op here. Colloquial evidence a scientific argument make.Just because you have buttloads of CM's doesn't mean the rest of us do. I run high level gear too. it's not like i'm some up jumped scrub who got his friend to unlock psamanthe on his account. I've been playing since closed beta and my i'm rank 8 (my forum title does not reflect this for some reason, anyone know how to fix that?). I also run max rank loot radar. I smash every crate and open all the lockers i find (which should show up on loot radar FFS but that's another topic).

my point is i'm not running willy nilly at corpus levels hoping for the best. I'm making a concerted effort to get control modules and am being continously thwarted in a very frustrating way by the RNG. Along with that the entire situation is being thrown in my face by the cash shop dangling resources in front of me like a drug dealer. 

The intention of this post was to point out the facts as i saw them, and the opinion of other's i've talked to. I would also like to point out that in my original post i highlighted the fact that farming bosses for rare mats is no longer a good option and people still told me that i shouldn't do that. The added stuff about how the bosses are hard now was just colour to point out that the option of farming them is now not only ineffective but also difficult.

Honestly if the alerts that only offered credits would also give some rare materials like control modules, I'm sure that simple idea would make a lot of people very happy.

Aw snaps that's like the best idea, ever.

Because really, who does the alerts that just give credits?

But but but...

You can still get the stuff from the, like, um, lockers and containers (and mob drops).

It's not like you're obliged to kill the boss, especially after they were made suitably, er, bossy.

Hardly ever happens. Chances are astronomically low.

EDIT :

...microscopically low?

Edited by InsomniacOvrLrd