Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝘾𝙊𝙍𝙋𝙐𝙎 𝙁𝙇𝘼𝙏𝘽𝙀𝘼𝙈!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Updort

Sorry for the radio silence, doods! My art computer has been in the shop, so I'm... not as able to produce art of my usual quality here. My bad. As such, a lot of cool stuff is being put on hold. I could release the Neophytou - I could - but I'd rather just save that for another emergency and work on something more exotic to spice up the thread.

There's enough conventional toob-magazine-fed pump action shotguns in here. Well, mostly conventional - the only one that has the magazine on the underside is also a grenade launcher  and is probably 60mm or so, going by Tenno scale. So, while I wait for the art computer to get back, I'm gonna try some more oddball stuff. 

Which unfortunately means I can not add in a homemade kalashnikov, even though I really want to. Your time will come, horrible Chechen thing.

zTd6kzG.jpg

Your time will come.

(Also I buffed the Bruin's damage to 86.)

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

Sentient/Infested/Corpus “Teracor” Beam Rifle

Primary Fire - Enthalpic Beam: Fires a high-status radiation beam with Puncture and Slash.
Secondary Fire - Nova Bombs: Fires projectiles with a small radius…. that explode four times.
Special Traits: Firing through the Nova bombs extends the range of both the explosions, and beam.

Codex

“This thing was something of a failure, but…. I think that’s for the best.”
—Alad V

Mutalist Battacor that can fire either a high-status radiation beam, or bombs which explode several times.

corpus_infested_sentient__teracor__beam_
Lore

It says a lot when even Alad V, tinkerer with Things Beyond Corpus Comprehension and dabbler in prohibited tech, considers himself to have gone too far - and the Teracor is one of very few examples of this exceedingly rare behavior.

Paying off Solaris workers to sabotage an Anyo Corp enrichment lab near Deck 21 and steal a prototype Battacor, Alad experimented with a Technocyte strain cultured from the Mutalist Quanta to see if the Corpus-made pathways into the Sentient exotic matter could provide a vector to mutate a technocyte strain to infect the Sentient-made nano-ceramite-composite substrate.

While it didn’t cause metastasis within the nano-composite, it definitely had some effect on the Battacor’s function. Instead of bursts, it now fires an enthalpic beam that bounces on hard surfaces. And instead of heavy blasts charged by whatever energy it leeches from those it kills, it fires sticky projectiles that repeatedly explode.

While engaging in his deal with Natah, she requested that he hide it in a black site gas city meant to drop itself into the Jovian gravity well in case of emergency. This was, to Natah’s surprise, something Alad agreed to unquestioningly.

“After all,” he said, “I don’t think either of us want the Infested Minds to touch one of you,”

(While this probably will not happen, it’s at least possible)

At this moment, Corpus and Sentients are working to create Amalgam weaponry that mimics this weapon’s functionalities, minus any Infestation risk.

An Amalgam mod exists specifically for this weapon: Amalgam Teracor Adhesive Blast.

Artist Notes:

You know what I love? The Phantasma. Because it has some utterly ridiculous explosion potential. It’s a grenade launcher with homing submunitions. That’s cool, but it has an attached beam… which means you can also attach Combustion Beam to it.

I realize it’s a fun beam weapon, but you could’ve added the most weak and basic beam ever and I’d still love it for the sheer fact that you can add combustion beam here. It’s a grenade launcher that CHAIN EXPLODES! I love it. It gives me the same feeling I had when I added gas, electric, acid shells, and punch-through to my Sobek and started laughing hysterically. 

(Seriously, do this. It’s breathtaking. It can and will explode entire rooms of Corpus. And that’s how the Sobek is my second-most-used primary after the Soma Prime.)

And then I got into Spacelords. It scratches a lot of the same itches as Warframe, Lycus and Doldren are super fun to play… though, despite the fact that I’ve exported several things from that game, I’m not adding Bloody Mary here. In no sane world can that thing’s gimmick match up with Warframe’s math. But that’s beside the point.

As most people do, I watched some hihsasuke, because really, who doesn’t watch that dood? And I saw Loaht’s “Cookie” grenade launcher, which explodes “several times” (I have not found an exact number.) with a small radius.

And I started wondering about how funny that’d be with Combustion Beam. The beam mode here, I must point out, does not matter. I mean, it’s probably good and l think you’d enjoy something that can bounce and overpenetrate, but the beam is merely a way to sloppily affix combustion beam onto a silly explosive.

While it’s a bit silly to have an Amalgam mod that’s basically two mods, I like build freedom… and I like the thought of the Amalgam mod opening up just one more space.

Stats:

Shared

Magazine Size: 60
Reload: 1.8s

Primary Fire - Enthalpic Beam: Fires a high-status radiation beam with Puncture and Slash.

Trigger: Continuous
Damage: 30
    17 Radiation
    9 Slash
    4 Puncture
Status Chance: 37%
Crit Chance: 16% 
Crit Multiplier: 2.1x
Rate Of Fire: 12 
Punch-Through: 0.4m
Range: 48m

Special traits: 
            Negative Object Punch-Through.
            Firing through the Nova bombs extends the range of both the explosions... and the beam.

Secondary Fire - Nova Bombs: Fires projectiles with a small radius…. that explode four times.
Trigger: Semi
Damage: 210 (x4)
    60 Blast
    120  Radiation
    30 Impact
Crit Chance: 20%
Crit Multiplier: 2.2x
Blast Radius: 2m
Fire Rate: 2.6

NOTE: Does not have inherent adhesive blast. It didn't seem like a good idea. Plus, it’d be more fun to watch people add Adhesive Blast and Combustion Beam and see what happens.

Speaking of which:

Unique Mod: 
Amalgam Teracor Adhesive Blast:
Projectiles stick to enemies
Enemies explode on death.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Did you make this thing in a three-dimensional sculpting program?

Pfff... no. 😛  This is a weapon model from CLASSIC PREY that someone remade.

While you're here, any thoughts on the recent weapons? (Especially the Chadam - I think that's about the second-best autoshotgun I've made here)

On 2019-08-27 at 6:59 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

1d6ba2971cabdca57bcdc8fafd297482.jpg

I googled the picture to see what it's from, but it only gave me a "space battles" thread about weapons, and god those people are so whiny and elitist about "muh unrealistic fictional guns". As if it was the job of fictional guns to be realistic, lol. We have real guns for that.

But tangent aside, what's the actual source?

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

and god those people are so whiny and elitist about "muh unrealistic fictional guns"

Falchion's kind of a $&*^.

Also I'm guessing you know I'm one of said people. That said... I've mellowed out a bit since the time I posted this image. Only guidelines for a gun I draw are that it has to be something I can believably hold and aim - which is why you see me cheating so much when making Corpus pistol grips, adding iron sights, and why I added a stock onto the mutant battacor.

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

But tangent aside, what's the actual source?

Some game called Huxley: The Dystopia, from the asian market. Don't know much else.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Also I'm guessing you know I'm one of said people.

Huh? Lol, didn't notice, I just read through a page of complaints about art majors and how dare they draw however they want.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

from the asian market.

Ah, one of THOSE.

10 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Huh? Lol, didn't notice, I just read through a page of complaints about art majors and how dare they draw however they want.

Something that says "Doctor Fluffy..." picture of a wolf... I mean who else would that be? Brozime? 😛

And I resented that. I am an art minor, thank you! Well, I would've been, but it was that or Ireland.

10 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Ah, one of THOSE.

There's this weird way anime and asian games design guns, that can be genuinely interesting to watch. It's like "We don't have the cultural exposure to guns outside games and movies," so things get weird.

It's part of why stuff like Trigun and the work of Masamune Shirow stick out so much - it's incredibly accurate. Well, Trigun is... off... but it gets a pretty surprising amount of things right. Or at least grounded.

On 2019-09-10 at 10:54 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Had another idea for a revolver (Yes, another one) and I need an opinion. Should it reload like this...

Option 1: OTS-38

1287754226.jpg

Option 2: Diamondback

ed8e1087dd03fff7a7eeb5e5a7104a83_display

Option 1 sounds more estrutualy stable but option two looks more aweseone. So option 2.

On 2019-08-31 at 1:06 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Sentient/Infested/Corpus “Teracor” Beam Rifle

Special Traits: Firing through the Nova bombs extends the range of both the explosions, and beam.

Codex

“This thing was something of a failure, but…. I think that’s for the best.”
—Alad V

Mutalist Battacor that can fire either a high-status radiation beam, or bombs which explode several times.

corpus_infested_sentient__teracor__beam_
Lore

It says a lot when even Alad V, tinkerer with Things Beyond Corpus Comprehension and dabbler in prohibited tech, considers himself to have gone too far - and the Teracor is one of very few examples of this exceedingly rare behavior.

Paying off Solaris workers to sabotage an Anyo Corp enrichment lab near Deck 21 and steal a prototype Battacor, Alad experimented with a Technocyte strain cultured from the Mutalist Quanta to see if the Corpus-made pathways into the Sentient exotic matter could provide a vector to mutate a technocyte strain to infect the Sentient-made nano-ceramite-composite substrate.

While it didn’t cause metastasis within the nano-composite, it definitely had some effect on the Battacor’s function. Instead of bursts, it now fires an enthalpic beam that bounces on hard surfaces. And instead of heavy blasts charged by whatever energy it leeches from those it kills, it fires sticky projectiles that repeatedly explode.

While engaging in his deal with Natah, she requested that he hide it in a black site gas city meant to drop itself into the Jovian gravity well in case of emergency. This was, to Natah’s surprise, something Alad agreed to unquestioningly.

“After all,” he said, “I don’t think either of us want the Infested Minds to touch one of you,”

(While this probably will not happen, it’s at least possible)

At this moment, Corpus and Sentients are working to create Amalgam weaponry that mimics this weapon’s functionalities, minus any Infestation risk.

An Amalgam mod exists specifically for this weapon: Amalgam Teracor Adhesive Blast.

Artist Notes:

You know what I love? The Phantasma. Because it has some utterly ridiculous explosion potential. It’s a grenade launcher with homing submunitions. That’s cool, but it has an attached beam… which means you can also attach Combustion Beam to it.

I realize it’s a fun beam weapon, but you could’ve added the most weak and basic beam ever and I’d still love it for the sheer fact that you can add combustion beam here. It’s a grenade launcher that CHAIN EXPLODES! I love it. It gives me the same feeling I had when I added gas, electric, acid shells, and punch-through to my Sobek and started laughing hysterically. 

(Seriously, do this. It’s breathtaking. It can and will explode entire rooms of Corpus. And that’s how the Sobek is my second-most-used primary after the Soma Prime.)

And then I got into Spacelords. It scratches a lot of the same itches as Warframe, Lycus and Doldren are super fun to play… though, despite the fact that I’ve exported several things from that game, I’m not adding Bloody Mary here. In no sane world can that thing’s gimmick match up with Warframe’s math. But that’s beside the point.

As most people do, I watched some hihsasuke, because really, who doesn’t watch that dood? And I saw Loaht’s “Cookie” grenade launcher, which explodes “several times” (I have not found an exact number.) with a small radius.

And I started wondering about how funny that’d be with Combustion Beam. The beam mode here, I must point out, does not matter. I mean, it’s probably good and l think you’d enjoy something that can bounce and overpenetrate, but the beam is merely a way to sloppily affix combustion beam onto a silly explosive.

While it’s a bit silly to have an Amalgam mod that’s basically two mods, I like build freedom… and I like the thought of the Amalgam mod opening up just one more space.

Stats:

Shared

Magazine Size: 60
Reload: 1.8s

Trigger: Continuous
Damage: 30
    17 Radiation
    9 Slash
    4 Puncture
Crit Chance: 16% 
Crit Multiplier: 2.1x
Rate Of Fire: 12 
Punch-Through: 0.4m
Range: 48m

Special traits: 
            Negative Object Punch-Through.
            Firing through the Nova bombs extends the range of both the explosions... and the beam.

Trigger: Semi
Damage: 105 (x4)
    30 Blast
    60 Radiation
    15 Impact
Crit Chance: 20%
Crit Multiplier: 2.2x
Blast Radius: 2m
Fire Rate: 2.6

NOTE: Does not have inherent adhesive blast. It didn't seem like a good idea. Plus, it’d be more fun to watch people add Adhesive Blast and Combustion Beam and see what happens.

Speaking of which:

Unique Mod: 
Amalgam Teracor Adhesive Blast:
Projectiles stick to enemies
Enemies explode on death.

Alright, will trudge this out to the best of my abilities!

Ah, a bit of Aladian scheming going on here, making Faustian bargains he may or may not be able to cash-in on.

Who is. . . Hihasuke?

Heh, general concepting reminds me of my matter-antimatter Munda gun, though, explosions take a bit more effort on that one.

Also bears distinct parallels to the Nova suit's special star bombs and "feeding" them damage for bigger boom.

Statistical Digestion:

Magazine comes into standard "element thrower" parameters.

Reload Speed directly correlates to the Glaxion Vandal, easily marking it as possible.

Hehe, not to hot and not to cold in the Damage department (as in, just above both Glaxion variants and below the Ignis variants.

Just below the Glaxion Vandal in the statistical department.

Coming in at a fairly rare average in the Critical Chance department, well within parameters, yet no beamer legitimately comes within 2% of it, the closest being the Ignis Wraith.

Above average, yet, still within parameters in the Critical Damage department.

Fire-Rate is standard.

The secondary fire's capabilities seem to map similarly to the primary's, save for the fire-rate, which is above the average for your typical detonater, though it's lower then typical damage may compensate for this, though it's special mechanic throws a monkey wrench into proper investigation, as the ball effectively sits in the shooter's court there.

That's what I got for now! Excessive apologies for the long delay. Job-waiting plus actual gaming has interposed itself between me and my typical duties.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, a bit of Aladian scheming going on here, making Faustian bargains he may or may not be able to cash-in on.

Typical Alad, am I right?

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Also bears distinct parallels to the Nova suit's special star bombs and "feeding" them damage for bigger boom.

...Huh. Unexpected. Especially considering how much this borrowed from Spacelords.

5 hours ago, Unus said:

Coming in at a fairly rare average in the Critical Chance department, well within parameters, yet no beamer legitimately comes within 2% of it, the closest being the Ignis Wraith.

...Huh. Well then.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

The secondary fire's capabilities seem to map similarly to the primary's, save for the fire-rate, which is above the average for your typical detonater, though it's lower then typical damage may compensate for this, though it's special mechanic throws a monkey wrench into proper investigation, as the ball effectively sits in the shooter's court there.

Secondary fire was amazingly difficult to balance.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Does he. . . do other things? I've noticed how game-pigeonholeing can really put a lifespan on a tuber.

I'unno. But if you absolutely, positively, need to learn how to Spacelords, he's the best dood to watch.

5 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

I guess? I literally just googled him to answer your question lol.

Gotcha, pologies. Was watching the recent wave of Warframe burnouts and was only just hit by that sudden revelation that there are folks out there who actually don't know it's bad to put all your eggs in a singular basket.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Typical Alad, am I right?

...Huh. Unexpected. Especially considering how much this borrowed from Spacelords.

...Huh. Well then.

Secondary fire was amazingly difficult to balance.

I'unno. But if you absolutely, positively, need to learn how to Spacelords, he's the best dood to watch.

Indeed, man's a veritable cockroach among the inhabitants of the Sol-Origin System, even more so considering his mortality. Can't help but wonder where he might end up next.

Heh, may very well just be a "universal" game idea.

Yessir! Talk about a murky one! May very much taker a greater man then I, better versed in the ways of game balance.

Understood! One of those guru-types like we have I imagine, personal spin on the whole Spacelords bidness.

11 hours ago, Unus said:

Gotcha, pologies. Was watching the recent wave of Warframe burnouts and was only just hit by that sudden revelation that there are folks out there who actually don't know it's bad to put all your eggs in a singular basket.

You too, huh?

I love Warframe as much as... well, probably as much as you or @Almighty_Jado or @HugintheCrow or @Stellar_Seeker or Lunus or everyone else I regularly talk to about concepts, but a dood needs a break now and then. I used to eat the same sandwich all the time as a kid, and now I haven't had it for like 15 years and can barely imagine myself eating it again.

(Though I will admit it'd be nice to have it at least once to remind me of my childhood.)

And the thought of that happening with Warframe is... well... terrible. Especially because considering how many concepts we all do, we're all basically burning the warframe candle on both ends. See, I learned something very important in the past couple days when I got a couple resource boosters and stopped by the Kuva Fortress: I love the combat in Warframe. I love that I can now seamlessly switch from full use of melee with charge attacks (I didn't even know what my dope-ass Kripath rapier's charge attack was until like 2 days ago!) to some of the most hilariously overpowered weapons I've made in any game. I love that my Akvasto Prime has like 8.5x crit because of a Riven. I love how it feels using a Soma Prime or Quartakk with viral and Hunter Munitions, or my hilarious Sobek build that obliterates entire rooms. Sometimes with one trigger pull.

Also I love the story and want to see what happens next. I don't want to... grind my love for that game into the ground. I don't like that sort of thing.

Hihsasuke has an advantage over Warframe creators here, though - he's been creating Spacelords stuff for much less time. Given time, maybe he'll take breaks, but we'll see where he is in a bit.

12 hours ago, Unus said:

Yessir! Talk about a murky one! May very much taker a greater man then I, better versed in the ways of game balance.

Didn't want it to be useless, didn't want it to outclass everything, (especially the Zarr. God, I love the Zarr)  didn't want it to last too long... didn't have access to enough of the Crunch of the original spacelords gun to really scale it to Warframe...

I went for just four explosions as opposed to however many the Cookie does, because this is Warframe and - even though our game of choice is broken as hell  - I find it's best not to add something even more broken.

yet. 

12 hours ago, Unus said:

Understood! One of those guru-types like we have I imagine, personal spin on the whole Spacelords bidness.

He's exactly that! If you need inspiration for a Frame or gun, I totally recommend his guides. If you count the standalone version of the Teracor's altfire that I've got planned SOON™, and an upcoming revolver, there's about two more spacelords-inspired guns I have planned for the future.