The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙈𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙙𝙞𝙖𝙣 𝙎𝙝𝙧𝙖𝙥𝙣𝙚𝙡 𝙎𝙝𝙤𝙩𝙜𝙪𝙣!!!!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Posted (edited)

Corpus 'Latrocor' Anatomical Environment Multitool“
Designed on Latrox Une’s specifications to be more anti-Infested tool than firearm. This Corpus weapon fires a wide, flat beam in a fanlike spread. The laser it fires has a tendency to superconduct electricity from the weapon, causing random explosions of electricity in the path of the beam.”
--
Codex
Special Traits: Fires a homing arc of electricity dealing 45% damage every five shots that hit.

corpus__latrocor__anatomical_environment

Lore:
For outstanding service above and beyond the Corpus and the procurement of rare Entrati artifacts, Latrox Une was awarded the Platinum Pentagram of Honor in addition to that rarest pleasure among the Corpus:

Peaceful retirement (1).

In his retirement, Latrox used his funds to hire assorted experts to help design the Latrocor as a safer alternative to the Klystron microwave beam. Using magnetic stabilizers, it compresses its two high-power laser beams into a wide, flat, fanlike spread that does massive heat and slash damage on enemies.

For some reason it has a tendency to shoot electric arcs along this fanlike spread, which leap towards enemies and explode. This is somewhat risky around sensitive electrical components, but it’s commonly understood that clearing out Infested takes priority.

On Corpus anti-infested expeditions (Known to Solaris United as “Zit-popping”) these are as heavily regulated as Plasmor shotguns, kept in high-security lockers within the ship’s barracks. On paper, anyway. As it is, these are so useful against Infested hordes, or for cutting through technocytic growth that no sane (or experienced) Corpus official would restrict their Solaris “contractors” from using them.

Royalties from this weapon help support Latrox’s retirement fund, and often to assorted charitable causes supported by Parvos Granum. This is often considered heresy in Anyo Schism territory.

Tenno Remarks
(1)
Unfortunately this was after surviving the entirety of the Narmer War. Poor guy. Remember the time we had to steal that cure from Tyl Regor’s labs again for him? ~Thane
Out of everything we did to sabotage the headhumpers, that one hurt the most. I mean… we destroyed a cure for grey-vein. I mean, it was the headhumpers, but. God. ~Haruka.
(2) I actually didn’t help with it. Much. I’ve never, uh, been good with lasers. ~Haruka
Stats
Ammo Pool: Rifle
Trigger: Continuous
Reload: 3s
Magazine: 70
Fire Rate: 10
Beam Width: 1.5m
Damage: 27
19 Slash
8 Heat
Critical Chance: 20%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 38%
Puncthrough: 1m
Headshot Multiplier: 3x
Range: 30m

Electric Arcs:
Damage: 45 Electricity
Non-Hitscan

Artist notes

Beam weapons are both fun and difficult here. On the one hand, they’re the one weapon type I can reliably come up with that feels unambiguously sci-fi. Its easy to come up with, say, an assault rifle that causes some kind of explosion or a revolver that does something funny on headshots, like explosions or increasing crit or just a lot of damage. But I’m normally looking at weird and/or archaic designs for these (Most of the revolvers here are inspired by the Civil War, or Civil War-adjacent) and so they don’t often feel sci-fi.

On the other hand, you’d be surprised how hard it is to make them interesting.

Right now, the meta is such that a low-damage, no-recoil weapon with limited range …I mean. Assault rifles and LMGs are still good (*laughs in Soma*) but it feels like most beam weapons need some kind of crowd control element to feel relevant, not to mention standing out in comparison to the rest of the arsenal. Making a wide, flat beam was the only way I could think of to make this interesting.

The electric arc, meanwhile, was inspired by playing Roboquest - a lot of the affixes and items you get will just sort of randomly duct tape another effect onto your weapons, like shooting an explosive marking projectile or randomly firing a shotgun blast. IDK if I’m feeling that here though.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 4

On 2024-06-16 at 4:40 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Corpus 'Latrocor' Anatomical Environment Multitool“
Designed on Latrox Une’s specifications to be more anti-Infested tool than firearm. This Corpus weapon fires a wide, flat beam in a fanlike spread. The laser it fires has a tendency to superconduct electricity from the weapon, causing random explosions of electricity in the path of the beam.”
--
Codex
Special Traits: Fires a homing arc of electricity dealing 45% damage every five shots that hit.

corpus__latrocor__anatomical_environment

Lore:
For outstanding service above and beyond the Corpus and the procurement of rare Entrati artifacts, Latrox Une was awarded the Platinum Pentagram of Honor in addition to that rarest pleasure among the Corpus:

Peaceful retirement (1).

In his retirement, Latrox used his funds to hire assorted experts to help design the Latrocor as a safer alternative to the Klystron microwave beam. Using magnetic stabilizers, it compresses its two high-power laser beams into a wide, flat, fanlike spread that does massive heat and slash damage on enemies.

For some reason it has a tendency to shoot electric arcs along this fanlike spread, which leap towards enemies and explode. This is somewhat risky around sensitive electrical components, but it’s commonly understood that clearing out Infested takes priority.

On Corpus anti-infested expeditions (Known to Solaris United as “Zit-popping”) these are as heavily regulated as Plasmor shotguns, kept in high-security lockers within the ship’s barracks. On paper, anyway. As it is, these are so useful against Infested hordes, or for cutting through technocytic growth that no sane (or experienced) Corpus official would restrict their Solaris “contractors” from using them.

Royalties from this weapon help support Latrox’s retirement fund, and often to assorted charitable causes supported by Parvos Granum. This is often considered heresy in Anyo Schism territory.

Tenno Remarks
(1)
Unfortunately this was after surviving the entirety of the Narmer War. Poor guy. Remember the time we had to steal that cure from Tyl Regor’s labs again for him? ~Thane
Out of everything we did to sabotage the headhumpers, that one hurt the most. I mean… we destroyed a cure for grey-vein. I mean, it was the headhumpers, but. God. ~Haruka.
(2) I actually didn’t help with it. Much. I’ve never, uh, been good with lasers. ~Haruka
Stats
Ammo Pool: Rifle
Reload: 3s
Magazine: 70
Fire Rate: 10
Beam Width: 1.5m
Damage: 27
19 Slash
8 Heat
Puncthrough: 1m
Headshot Multiplier: 3x
Range: 30m

Electric Arcs:
Damage: 45 Electricity
Non-Hitscan

Artist notes

Beam weapons are both fun and difficult here. On the one hand, they’re the one weapon type I can reliably come up with that feels unambiguously sci-fi. Its easy to come up with, say, an assault rifle that causes some kind of explosion or a revolver that does something funny on headshots, like explosions or increasing crit or just a lot of damage. But I’m normally looking at weird and/or archaic designs for these (Most of the revolvers here are inspired by the Civil War, or Civil War-adjacent) and so they don’t often feel sci-fi.

On the other hand, you’d be surprised how hard it is to make them interesting.

Right now, the meta is such that a low-damage, no-recoil weapon with limited range …I mean. Assault rifles and LMGs are still good (*laughs in Soma*) but it feels like most beam weapons need some kind of crowd control element to feel relevant, not to mention standing out in comparison to the rest of the arsenal. Making a wide, flat beam was the only way I could think of to make this interesting.

The electric arc, meanwhile, was inspired by playing Roboquest - a lot of the affixes and items you get will just sort of randomly duct tape another effect onto your weapons, like shooting an explosive marking projectile or randomly firing a shotgun blast. IDK if I’m feeling that here though.

This thing looks fun. Also poor Latrox earned that retirement. Also I wouldn't be surprised if he sent some examples to the tenno for testing as thanks. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2024-06-18 at 11:53 AM, Neo3602 said:

This thing looks fun. Also poor Latrox earned that retirement. Also I wouldn't be surprised if he sent some examples to the tenno for testing as thanks. 

I didn't think of that last part but that's a great idea =D

Also: Threw this together over the last week or so. Think I should integrate it into the Fluffy Timeline or nah? (Tags for my most devoted followers - @Teoarrk, @Unus, @keikogi)

clarke_and_langford_p41_pistol_by_fluffy

• Like 3

• (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 changed the title to Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝙆𝙖𝙝𝙡'𝙨 𝙃𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙎𝙈𝙂!!!!)
Posted (edited)
Kahl ‘Drauko’ Heavy SMG
“Designed by Kahl and Steel Meridian, this SMG is designed for cheapness and sheer stopping power… with a few esoteric Narmer components welded in, of course.”
--Codex

SPECIAL TRAITS: Headshot damage is unaffected by damage falloff.

_drauko__grineer_smg_by_fluffywolf36_dhr
Lore:

Fires large, slow bullets perhaps better suited to a heavy pistol like the Kraken*, with the characteristic falloff of an SMG like the Krog or Baza. It fires fast, owing to the large bolt and large ammo, but it’s remarkably uncontrollable after firing a 3-4 round burst.

Where it diverges though is headshot damage is unaffected by falloff, thanks to an advanced Narmer something-or-other. While no firearm is by any means harmless outside of its effective range, the Drauko is routinely capable of surprising performance at medium range.

The Drauko - as named after the typical Grineer ‘drahk’ animal - is essentially an ultra-cheap amalgamation of assorted Grineer firearms, such as the Karak, Krog, and Mohb. In fact, early versions were kitbashed together from spare parts of all of the above, meant to be built as fast as possible.

While normally Kahl’s Regiment survive by taking as much surplus as they can carry, the Drauko was designed to ease up on any logistics issues by giving them their own homegrown supplies. It perfectly complements Kahl’s Regiment’s signature approach - precision guerrilla approaches, often at very short range.It’s a favored weapon in Steel Meridian, with most Steel Meridian fighters claiming that their only issue with the weapon is that they didn’t think of making it first.

Of note is that this weapon is actually designed for use outside of standard-issue Grineer armor. In addition to interlocks with Grineer armor targeting system, it has primitive ironsights so that baseline, non-augmented Ostrons can (and often do) use it. Though with their short, gravity-altered stature, the ergonomics are quite unkind to them. This has, somewhat predictably, made it very popular with baseline human rebels in Grineer space and Corpus space alike, and rumor has it that the Pyrite Hand are working on a 3D-printable version.

STATS
Trigger: Auto
Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate: 11.8
Recoil: Oh lordy
Magazine: 40
Reload: 2.2s
Damage: 54
16 Impact
22 Slash
16 Puncture
Headshot Multiplier: 3.15x
Crit Chance: 31%
Critical Multiplier: 2.6x
Status Chance: 17%
Damage Falloff:
Full Damage up to 12.5m
Min Damage at 50m
70% Max Reduction

• Like 2

22 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:
Kahl ‘Drauko’ Heavy SMG
“Designed by Kahl and Steel Meridian, this SMG is designed for cheapness and sheer stopping power… with a few esoteric Narmer components welded in, of course.”
--Codex

SPECIAL TRAITS: Headshot damage is unaffected by damage falloff.

_drauko__grineer_smg_by_fluffywolf36_dhr
Lore:

Fires large, slow bullets perhaps better suited to a heavy pistol like the Kraken*, with the characteristic falloff of an SMG like the Krog or Baza. It fires fast, owing to the large bolt and large ammo, but it’s remarkably uncontrollable after firing a 3-4 round burst.

Where it diverges though is headshot damage is unaffected by falloff, thanks to an advanced Narmer something-or-other. While no firearm is by any means harmless outside of its effective range, the Drauko is routinely capable of surprising performance at medium range.

The Drauko - as named after the typical Grineer ‘drahk’ animal - is essentially an ultra-cheap amalgamation of assorted Grineer firearms, such as the Karak, Krog, and Mohb. In fact, early versions were kitbashed together from spare parts of all of the above, meant to be built as fast as possible.

While normally Kahl’s Regiment survive by taking as much surplus as they can carry, the Drauko was designed to ease up on any logistics issues by giving them their own homegrown supplies. It perfectly complements Kahl’s Regiment’s signature approach - precision guerrilla approaches, often at very short range.It’s a favored weapon in Steel Meridian, with most Steel Meridian fighters claiming that their only issue with the weapon is that they didn’t think of making it first.

Of note is that this weapon is actually designed for use outside of standard-issue Grineer armor. In addition to interlocks with Grineer armor targeting system, it has primitive ironsights so that baseline, non-augmented Ostrons can (and often do) use it. Though with their short, gravity-altered stature, the ergonomics are quite unkind to them. This has, somewhat predictably, made it very popular with baseline human rebels in Grineer space and Corpus space alike, and rumor has it that the Pyrite Hand are working on a 3D-printable version.

STATS
Trigger: Auto
Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate: 11.8
Recoil: Oh lordy
Magazine: 40
Reload: 2.2s
Damage: 54
16 Impact
22 Slash
16 Puncture
Headshot Multiplier: 3.15x
Crit Chance: 31%
Critical Multiplier: 2.6x
Status Chance: 17%
Damage Falloff:
Full Damage up to 12.5m
Min Damage at 50m
70% Max Reduction

Looks interesting, I like the headshot damage not being affected by damage falloff. Lore-wise it makes sense to have a homegrown weapon for Khal and his group.

On 2024-07-10 at 5:34 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Also: Threw this together over the last week or so. Think I should integrate it into the Fluffy Timeline or nah? (Tags for my most devoted followers - @Teoarrk, @Unus, @keikogi)

I do think that would be worth adding. In terms of how to add it when I saw it I was reminded of the computers in the Entrati Labs, the POM-2.

Edited by Neo3602

4 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

Looks interesting, I like the headshot damage not being affected by damage falloff. Lore-wise it makes sense to have a homegrown weapon for Khal and his group.

I did something similar with a shotgun, and it felt right.

Almost (but not quite, otherwise we'd end up with a Soma rifle that has shorter range than modern day SMGs) a shame that damage falloff isn't a stat in WF, because then I'd have a lot more design space to play with. I could make more handcannon-type weapons without falloff on headshots, I could say "this is more controllable but it has worse range," stuff like that.

And thank you! I was in a bit of a rut lately - I don't have the same enthusiasm for WF that I did 3 years ago (suppose that's just part of getting old) and I've been finding myself spending more time looking at ponies, playing Roboquest, and this was sort of a means to an end. Originally this thread was just me going "What're some things WF could use in its arsenal?" but now that I've gotten most of that down, I realized what I was missing:

cool lore.

5 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

I do think that would be worth adding. In terms of how to add it when I saw it I was reminded of the computers in the Entrati Labs, the POM-2.

It was very much inspired by the "ugly beige box" era of computers. A little more the '70s than '90s but I see where you're going with this.

Perhaps I will make it a Vaulter pistol...

On 2024-07-10 at 7:34 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Exposed wires and old looking blue screen. Are you trying to pull off some kind of smart gun On the warframe 1999 era?

On 2024-06-16 at 6:40 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Beam weapons are both fun and difficult here. On the one hand, they’re the one weapon type I can reliably come up with that feels unambiguously sci-fi. Its easy t

Warframe 1999 and dark setor skins are not helping the whole weapons not feeling sci fi. I know it's the point but is the kind of thing I wish the devs had the brass Ballas to lock into their original island or atestado make all the 1999 weapons kncarnoon on the main game so they don't feel that out of place.

On 2024-07-14 at 5:57 PM, keikogi said:

Exposed wires and old looking blue screen. Are you trying to pull off some kind of smart gun On the warframe 1999 era?

I was thinking something slightly after the 1999 era, but that's a good point...

On 2024-07-14 at 6:04 PM, keikogi said:

Warframe 1999 and dark setor skins are not helping the whole weapons not feeling sci fi. I know it's the point but is the kind of thing I wish the devs had the brass Ballas to lock into their original island or atestado make all the 1999 weapons kncarnoon on the main game so they don't feel that out of place.

It does admittedly feel silly, and I'm kind of hoping the AX-52 (silly goddamn name for this thing) is an incarnon and/or has orokin... bits tacked on. But nah, i meant more in gameplay terms beam weapons feel more sci-fi than me making another assault rifle or revolver.

Posted (edited)

Oh btw, fun fact: If I ever decide on an Incarnon form for the Estampida (which IDK if I should, given that it's designed to be competitive with Incarnon Lex and Vasto Prime)...

tenno__estampida__revolver__redraw__by_f

...it'll be an Arm Cannon that looks like this:
txc1i4c537d71.jpg?width=417&format=pjpg&

I mean I've never been subtle about this revolver lol

• Like 3

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Oh btw, fun fact: If I ever decide on an Incarnon form for the Estampida (which IDK if I should, given that it's designed to be competitive with Incarnon Lex and Vasto Prime)...

I appreciate the Trigun reference.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Man have you considered making another category of transforming weapons. Right now im thinking of the rampaging upgrade for the Infested weapons. The mechanic is the weapons sets the player starting g combo to zero ( can't br modified by mods arcanes and other nonsense) but upon 8 x combo mutipleier rhe weapon automatically tranforma.

For corpus the ph gacha gun , upon perfect reload ( idk the name of the weapons with rhe reload skip mechanic) the weapons consumes a certain amount of credits and rolls to check if it going to tranform 

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

does admittedly feel silly, and I'm kind of hoping the AX-52 (silly goddamn name for this thing) is an incarnon and/or has orokin... bits tacked on. But nah, i meant more in gameplay terms beam weapons feel more sci-fi than me making another assault rifle or revolver.

Yep 

Btw have you considered making weapons with negative passive , like turbo bad aspect for a good reward. Making a warframe right now the uses the combo count to trigger it's tranformed state and man did setting the starting combo to zero opened some desing space because I'd did not have to worry about people just cheesing the transformation by stacking starting combo. It even makes the first warframe that abuses tenokai instead of combo efficiency.

For guns there some desing spaced to be carved by doing so. Like for example a grineer toxic oil thower that cannot gain fire damage by buff or mods but has a unique toxin procs that reacts ( like geshin reactions)  upon taking a fire proc from another source. 

Tenno weapons that reload by draining the player energy pool on perfect reload and replace the warframe first skill with some fancy alt fire while on hand. So we can have med guns in warfrmae that link allies but can fire normally while linked ( first skill becomes creating the link , but the weapon main fire is normal beam fire ).

There is some interesting desing space when you are willing to allocate bad effects as costs for great passives.

On 2024-07-16 at 6:21 PM, Neo3602 said:

I appreciate the Trigun reference.

The gun's basically always been Vash's gun if it had more Chiappa Rhino DNA lol.

On 2024-07-16 at 7:58 PM, keikogi said:

Man have you considered making another category of transforming weapons. Right now im thinking of the rampaging upgrade for the Infested weapons. The mechanic is the weapons sets the player starting g combo to zero ( can't br modified by mods arcanes and other nonsense) but upon 8 x combo mutipleier rhe weapon automatically tranforma.

I honestly haven't! I've been working on another Entrati weapon rn but I'm not sure if I'll give it a Big Siphon altfire or an incarnon mode. Incarnon admittedly fits better in this game, but I do like Siphon modes...

On 2024-07-16 at 7:58 PM, keikogi said:

Btw have you considered making weapons with negative passive , like turbo bad aspect for a good reward. Making a warframe right now the uses the combo count to trigger it's tranformed state and man did setting the starting combo to zero opened some desing space because I'd did not have to worry about people just cheesing the transformation by stacking starting combo. It even makes the first warframe that abuses tenokai instead of combo efficiency.

The closest to that would be how I've toyed with a gun that works kinda like Amp shields from Borderlands, consuming a portion of the shield for extra damage (and maybe increases Shield regen?). But honestly these are all great ideas! 

• Like 1

On 2024-07-10 at 6:34 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

(Finally have time to say!)

Ooooo, 1999ee! It almost makes me think it’s an energy weapon of sorts, with a battery you unhook beneath that computer on the back end and pull out a length of to put back in. An energy weapon hiding in a discreet ballistic-looking package, throw off enemy expectations!

• Like 1

On 2024-07-16 at 2:56 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

does admittedly feel silly, and I'm kind of hoping the AX-52 (silly goddamn name for this thing) is an incarnon and/or has orokin... bits tacked on. But nah, i meant more in gameplay terms beam weapons feel more sci-fi than me making another assault rifle or revolver.

Well we got our answer and it looks like the guns won't get any kind scy fy make over. The Russian guns at least have toxic packs slaped into them. 

And man the infested litches were in my bingo card but the boy band part wasn't. The song is a banger.

On a side note. Man inve been playing zzz and the switch mechanic is really smooth. Weirdest and best desing decision iv seen making the swap button and the parry button the same. I wish the assist and parry system o  swap was ported over to warframe.

On 2024-07-21 at 6:07 PM, keikogi said:

Well we got our answer and it looks like the guns won't get any kind scy fy make over. The Russian guns at least have toxic packs slaped into them. 

And man the infested litches were in my bingo card but the boy band part wasn't. The song is a banger.

On a side note. Man inve been playing zzz and the switch mechanic is really smooth. Weirdest and best desing decision iv seen making the swap button and the parry button the same. I wish the assist and parry system o  swap was ported over to warframe.

Sudden slips between Operator, Drifter, and Meatsuit in a Zenlossian way do NOT sound out of left field!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Unus said:

Sudden slips between Operator, Drifter, and Meatsuit in a Zenlossian way do NOT sound out of left field!

I do hope we get some more story moments like we did in the New War that involve both the Operator and the Drifter as well as some gameplay mechanics to back it up because right now it feels like it's an either or choice rather than both characters working as one.

• Like 2

On 2024-07-22 at 11:35 PM, Unus said:

Warfames can pull off the zzz parries  and can act on their own so this part works just fine. The Tenno can teleport both themselves and the warframes so it works as perfect dodge with unique counter attack. Trust me it would work.

18 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

I do hope we get some more story moments like we did in the New War that involve both the Operator and the Drifter as well as some gameplay mechanics to back it up because right now it feels like it's an either or choice rather than both characters working as one.

As it is. Feels like just cosmetic given that whole Drifter Operator thing comes up once a year. I just shoved my Operator on the freezer ever since I got the Drifter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keikogi said:

As it is. Feels like just cosmetic given that whole Drifter Operator thing comes up once a year. I just shoved my Operator on the freezer ever since I got the Drifter.

Pretty much, I think it would be interesting if there was an option for Drifter to use more weapons and have the operator spec more into void powers as well as the ability to use both during a mission so you would be switching between 3 different characters instead of 2 like we do now. Also I hope we get some more insight on what it was like when the Tenno worked for the Orokin though the Operator getting more of their memories of that time back and it be examined through the Operator and Drifter discussing their pasts with each other similar to the discussion they had during the New War.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Vaulter ‘PHENEX’ Pistol

“This primitive Vaulter pistol might have been something to reckon with once upon a time, but the technology of the Origin System has far outstripped it. Headshots charge Incarnon form.”
--Codex

vaulter__hombrage__pistol_by_fluffywolf3
Lore

“Why did we keep these ancient relics like that pistol? The same reason we kept books. The Orokin hated it, and we were people who would suffer no consequence. We needed little other reason.”

–Loid, if you have this weapon equipped.

This pistol fires caseless flechettes propelled through a carbon nanotube barrel which conducts electricity, allowing it to function in a manner not dissimilar to a railgun by magnetically propelling ferromagnetic fin-stabilized flechettes downrange*.

Somewhat unfortunately, its low projectile velocity, low stopping power, and low fire rate hold it back. However, using the Incarnon adapter that Albrecht Entrati fit into the weapon, it’s capable of rushing far past its limits - adding a blast radius, increasing velocity, increasing its damage.

In Incarnon form, it fires a searing bosonic beam with unlimited enemy punchthrough that causes enemies to explode on death.

The blueprint(s?) for this weapon is found in the various secret rooms within the Entrati Labs. As it’s made of particularly primitive materials, it’s very easy to craft. On the POM-2 computer that houses its blueprints, it’s listed as a Vaulter artifact.

Vaulters were a civilization that lived in ancient space colonies dug into the rock of moons and asteroids, who found themselves quite unexpectedly buried under Orokin terraforming efforts - some of which may have been concerted efforts to kill them under the rampant plant growth and sea formation.

Their artifacts were extraordinarily rare even during the time of the Orokin, due to the Orokin policy of destroying every Vaulter artifact they could find, and forcing them through a process of cultural genocide so thorough the Vaulters forgot even the name of their culture. In the contemporary Origin System, a Vaulter relic is so impossibly rare that even Parvos Granum might raise an eyebrow at it.

In fact, Vaulter artifacts are a keen interest for Granum, who remains curious about this legacy of pre-Orokin eras.

Allegedly, any Orokin noble found to possess these relics was to be killed by Warframes or the Scoria, but the highest-ranking Orokin had a way of evading punishment under their own laws.

Somewhat superficially, it resembles the Tenno ‘Largo’ pistol. Unlike the Largo, this is gas-operated, making it far heavier. In fact, it’s quite likely it was an ancestor due the Largo.

Unlocking Incarnon nodes for it actually reveals various memories from Albrecht and Loid!

* I prefer not to think of how Tenno firearms actually work. Maybe it’s kinda like this? Maybe they’re electrothermal-chemical, explaining the high velocity? It doesn’t matter and ultimately I think we’re happier not thinking about it.

Upgrade 1:
“It is, simply, a pistol. One thing distinguishes it, however: it is a Vaulter design. This one may very well have been built and designed in the great hive clusters of Earth, even before then. So many things from that time are lost, and so it was our goal to bathe such ancient artifacts in Void energy to see what memories I could extract.”

–Loid

A: HV Rounds

Increases projectile speed by 35%

B: Keratin Trigger
Increases fire rate by 40%

C: Speed Holster:
Increases swap speed, ADS speed, and aim assist.

Upgrade 2:

“History from before the dawn of the Empire has always been murky at best. So few things survive from beforehand. Bidanians, Oeizu, and Vaulters, Oneiroi and Satko, all of whom fled the Empire before Void travel was perfected, know something of history before the Orokin. And it’s for that reason the Orokin persecuted them so.”

–Loid

A: Overcharged Munitions
Increase damage by 75

Chaining Charged Attacks reduces their Charge Time by -12--6%. Stacks 5 times.

B: Ganymede Drill
increase damage by 75

Increase damage by 15 and fire rate by 10% for each status effect afflicting you.

Upgrade 3

“The strongest emotions that came from Vaulter artifacts were hatred and fear. Perhaps it’s for this reason that the… incarnate form of the weapon is so aggressive and destructive. I may never know what, exactly, the vaulters hated and feared so, but I can guess.”

–Loid

B: Hateful Grasp: 

Increases range of incarnon altfire.

Upgrade 4:

“Even without their knowledge of history, the Vaulters lived a comfortable life serviced by machines. The Orokin called that slavery, though they had plans to institute their own type of oppression. Much of their knowledge - pre-Orokin governmental systems, religions, cultures, and artwork… was, as I can tell, anathema to them. Funny how they could glorify the ancient myths while also treating people from those times as barbarians.”

–Albrecht

A: Critical Parallax
Increases Critical Chance by 21%

Increases Critical Multiplier by 0.3x

B: Elementalist
Increases Status Chance by 15

C: Statistical Imbalance:
Increase status chance by 12%
Increases Critical Chance by 12%

Stats:
Type: Pistol

Magazine: 14+1

Trigger: Charge

Uncharged:

(NOTE: Fires as fast as you can pull the trigger)

Damage: 72

7.15 Impact

89.7 Puncture

7.15 Slash

Headshot Multiplier: 3.3x

Crit Chance: 24%
Crit Multiplier: 2.1x

Status Chance: 24%

Non-Hitscan

Charged:

Charge Time: 0.9s
Damage: 130

13 Impact

104 Puncture

13 Slash

Punch-Through: 0.4m

Non-Hitscan

Incarnon Form

Magazine: 100

Damage: 60 Blast

Crit Chance: 27%
Crit Multiplier: 2.4x

Status Chance: 39%

Enemy Punchthrough: Infinite

Object Punchthrough: Eh

Incarnon Form Explosion:
Damage: 120 Heat

Range: 2m

Type: Radial

Artist notes:
DAMN (jam) coming up with Incarnon stuff was a headache and a half. Originally, this… totally was a WF idea, but then I couldn’t think of anything and posted the original version just for the halibut.

• Like 1

• (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 changed the title to Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept -𝙑𝙖𝙪𝙡𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙡!!!!)
10 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Vaulter ‘Hombrage’ Pistol

“This primitive Vaulter pistol might have been something to reckon with once upon a time, but the technology of the Origin System has far outstripped it. Headshots charge Incarnon form.”
--Codex

vaulter__hombrage__pistol_by_fluffywolf3
Lore

“Why did we keep these ancient relics like that pistol? The same reason we kept books. The Orokin hated it, and we were people who would suffer no consequence. We needed little other reason.”

–Loid, if you have this weapon equipped.

This pistol fires caseless flechettes propelled through a carbon nanotube barrel which conducts electricity, allowing it to function in a manner not dissimilar to a railgun by magnetically propelling ferromagnetic fin-stabilized flechettes downrange*.

Somewhat unfortunately, its low projectile velocity, low stopping power, and low fire rate hold it back. However, using the Incarnon adapter that Albrecht Entrati fit into the weapon, it’s capable of rushing far past its limits - adding a blast radius, increasing velocity, increasing its damage.

In Incarnon form, it fires a searing bosonic beam with unlimited enemy punchthrough that causes enemies to explode on death.

The blueprint(s?) for this weapon is found in the various secret rooms within the Entrati Labs. As it’s made of particularly primitive materials, it’s very easy to craft. On the POM-2 computer that houses its blueprints, it’s listed as a Vaulter artifact.

Vaulters were a civilization that lived in ancient space colonies dug into the rock of moons and asteroids, who found themselves quite unexpectedly buried under Orokin terraforming efforts - some of which may have been concerted efforts to kill them under the rampant plant growth and sea formation.

Their artifacts were extraordinarily rare even during the time of the Orokin, due to the Orokin policy of destroying every Vaulter artifact they could find, and forcing them through a process of cultural genocide so thorough the Vaulters forgot even the name of their culture. In the contemporary Origin System, a Vaulter relic is so impossibly rare that even Parvos Granum might raise an eyebrow at it.

In fact, Vaulter artifacts are a keen interest for Granum, who remains curious about this legacy of pre-Orokin eras.

Allegedly, any Orokin noble found to possess these relics was to be killed by Warframes or the Scoria, but the highest-ranking Orokin had a way of evading punishment under their own laws.

Somewhat superficially, it resembles the Tenno ‘Largo’ pistol. Unlike the Largo, this is gas-operated, making it far heavier. In fact, it’s quite likely it was an ancestor due the Largo.

Unlocking Incarnon nodes for it actually reveals various memories from Albrecht and Loid!

* I prefer not to think of how Tenno firearms actually work. Maybe it’s kinda like this? Maybe they’re electrothermal-chemical, explaining the high velocity? It doesn’t matter and ultimately I think we’re happier not thinking about it.

Upgrade 1:
“It is, simply, a pistol. One thing distinguishes it, however: it is a Vaulter design. This one may very well have been built and designed in the great hive clusters of Earth, even before then. So many things from that time are lost, and so it was our goal to bathe such ancient artifacts in Void energy to see what memories I could extract.”

–Loid

B: Keratin Trigger
Increases fire rate by 40%

C: Speed Holster:
Increases swap speed, ADS speed, and aim assist.

Upgrade 2:

“History from before the dawn of the Empire has always been murky at best. So few things survive from beforehand. Bidanians, Oeizu, and Vaulters, Oneiroi and Satko, all of whom fled the Empire before Void travel was perfected, know something of history before the Orokin. And it’s for that reason the Orokin persecuted them so.”

–Loid

A: Overcharged Munitions
Increase damage by 75

Chaining Charged Attacks reduces their Charge Time by -12--6%. Stacks 5 times.

B: Ganymede Drill
increase damage by 75

Increase damage by 15 and fire rate by 10% for each status effect afflicting you.

Upgrade 3

“The strongest emotions that came from Vaulter artifacts were hatred and fear. Perhaps it’s for this reason that the… incarnate form of the weapon is so aggressive and destructive. I may never know what, exactly, the vaulters hated and feared so, but I can guess.”

–Loid

B: Hateful Grasp: 

Increases range of incarnon altfire.

Upgrade 4:

“Even without their knowledge of history, the Vaulters lived a comfortable life serviced by machines. The Orokin called that slavery, though they had plans to institute their own type of oppression. Much of their knowledge - pre-Orokin governmental systems, religions, cultures, and artwork… was, as I can tell, anathema to them. Funny how they could glorify the ancient myths while also treating people from those times as barbarians.”

–Albrecht

A: Critical Parallax
Increases Critical Chance by 21%

Increases Critical Multiplier by 0.3x

B: Elementalist
Increases Status Chance by 15

C: Statistical Imbalance:
Increase status chance by 12%
Increases Critical Chance by 12%

Stats:
Type: Pistol

Magazine: 14+1

Trigger: Charge

Uncharged:

(NOTE: Fires as fast as you can pull the trigger)

Damage: 72

7.15 Impact

89.7 Puncture

7.15 Slash

Non-Hitscan

Charged:

Charge Time: 0.9s
Damage: 130

13 Impact

104 Puncture

13 Slash

Punch-Through: 0.4m

Non-Hitscan

Incarnon Form

Magazine: 100

Damage: 60 Blast

Enemy Punchthrough: Infinite

Object Punchthrough: Eh

Incarnon Form Explosion:
Damage: 120 Heat

Range: 2m

Type: Radial

Artist notes:
DAMN (jam) coming up with Incarnon stuff was a headache and a half. Originally, this… totally was a WF idea, but then I couldn’t think of anything and posted the original version just for the halibut.

I like the various fire modes of this with both the charged and uncharged modes having some use along with the incranon mode on top of it. Also the lore is interesting and it would make sense that the orokin would suppress the knowledge of the past to maintain their position. 

• 2 weeks later...

Mastaba WZ-61 

Seemingly a distant relative of the AX-52. However, someone appears to have modified it for a far larger, more specialized 8mm cartridge firing slightly smaller flechettes full of Effervon Gas. Headshots with this weapon create a gas damage explosion.”
Codex

Special Traits:
Causes Gas Damage Explosions on headshots.
+20% Bonus Damage on first direct hit on an enemy - i.e, this does not include the gas damage explosion.

mastaba_wz_61_by_fluffywolf36_dhwxvxv-fu

Lore

In this weapon’s original time period, it’d be considered a crime to shoot baseline humans with it. A strange concept for Tenno to grasp, given the prevalence of Viral damage in Tenno firearms.

This weapon fires flechettes filled with an enzyme that causes the rapid growth of Effervon (or Enferon?) gas within a body. Headshots, for whatever reason, cause it to grow even faster, creating a gas damage explosion that greatly increases damage. Owing to… whatever, or whoever modified it, seemingly with Orokin technology, it somehow does more damage on the first shot on each enemy. The gas damage does not count as a first shot.

Very little is known currently about this weapon. It doesn’t seem to match historical records of Earth. But then, very few things about the 1999 that Albrecht Entrati escaped to line up with historical records of Earth. Reports of how to get it are conflicting as well - some Tenno found it in Netracells, and others have found it while destroying Infested Plague Moons.

Outwardly, it resembles the AX-52… barely. No parts are interchangeable, it weighs less, it uses a short-stroke gas piston, and its receiver is made of higher-quality milled steel. In that regard, it’s slightly more similar to the Elysium Assault Cannon (it’s descendant’s) milled-Fersteel construction. Some of them seem to have the signs of wear and tear common to rifles of that era, along with various scopes and accessories.

While it’s unknown who modified it and how, this suggests that some of them belonged to assorted survivors . A marking on one side of the receiver appears to read in one Europan dialect, “Lasria Konstrukt Mastaba - Produkt WZ. 61”

Stats

Reload: 1.5s

Trigger: Semi

Magazine Size: 20

Fire Rate: 3

Damage: 144
9 Impact
69 Puncture
30 Slash
36 Gas

Status Chance: 21%

Crit Chance: 33%

Crit Multiplier: 2.7x

Gas Explosion
Damage: 40 Gas
Forced Procs: Gas
Range: 1.4m

Artist Notes
So I kinda threw this together. It’s basically a Vz. 58, just with…. A Czech ZB30 mag holding 20 rounds of 8mm Mauser, and assorted greebles from the AX-52. A Vz.58 may not make that much sense for this, but I wanted it to a) homage 8mm Kalashnikovs made in Khyber Pass. and b) look suitably different.

The “Bonus damage on first shot” thing was something I wanted to try for awhile. Originally it was gonna be on a pistol, but it just… it didn’t feel right. I don’t remember why. With luck, this’ll differentiate it from other headshot-explosion weapons I’ve made (How many am I at by now? Five?)  by encouraging people to aim at a different target each shot.

• Like 2

• (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 changed the title to Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 1999 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙨𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙍𝙞𝙛𝙡𝙚!!!!)
10 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Mastaba WZ-61 

Seemingly a distant relative of the AX-52. However, someone appears to have modified it for a far larger, more specialized 8mm cartridge firing slightly smaller flechettes full of Effervon Gas. Headshots with this weapon create a gas damage explosion.”
Codex

Special Traits:
Causes Gas Damage Explosions on headshots.
+20% Bonus Damage on first direct hit on an enemy - i.e, this does not include the gas damage explosion.

mastaba_wz_61_by_fluffywolf36_dhwxvxv-fu

Lore

In this weapon’s original time period, it’d be considered a crime to shoot baseline humans with it. A strange concept for Tenno to grasp, given the prevalence of Viral damage in Tenno firearms.

This weapon fires flechettes filled with an enzyme that causes the rapid growth of Effervon (or Enferon?) gas within a body. Headshots, for whatever reason, cause it to grow even faster, creating a gas damage explosion that greatly increases damage. Owing to… whatever, or whoever modified it, seemingly with Orokin technology, it somehow does more damage on the first shot on each enemy. The gas damage does not count as a first shot.

Very little is known currently about this weapon. It doesn’t seem to match historical records of Earth. But then, very few things about the 1999 that Albrecht Entrati escaped to line up with historical records of Earth. Reports of how to get it are conflicting as well - some Tenno found it in Netracells, and others have found it while destroying Infested Plague Moons.

Outwardly, it resembles the AX-52… barely. No parts are interchangeable, it weighs less, it uses a short-stroke gas piston, and its receiver is made of higher-quality milled steel. In that regard, it’s slightly more similar to the Elysium Assault Cannon (it’s descendant’s) milled-Fersteel construction. Some of them seem to have the signs of wear and tear common to rifles of that era, along with various scopes and accessories.

While it’s unknown who modified it and how, this suggests that some of them belonged to assorted survivors . A marking on one side of the receiver appears to read in one Europan dialect, “Lasria Konstrukt Mastaba - Produkt WZ. 61”

Stats

Reload: 1.5s

Trigger: Semi

Magazine Size: 20

Fire Rate: 3

Damage: 144
9 Impact
69 Puncture
30 Slash
36 Gas

Gas Explosion
Damage: 40 Gas
Forced Procs: Gas
Range: 1.4m

Artist Notes
So I kinda threw this together. It’s basically a Vz. 58, just with…. A Czech ZB30 mag holding 20 rounds of 8mm Mauser, and assorted greebles from the AX-52. A Vz.58 may not make that much sense for this, but I wanted it to a) homage 8mm Kalashnikovs made in Khyber Pass. and b) look suitably different.

The “Bonus damage on first shot” thing was something I wanted to try for awhile. Originally it was gonna be on a pistol, but it just… it didn’t feel right. I don’t remember why. With luck, this’ll differentiate it from other headshot-explosion weapons I’ve made (How many am I at by now? Five?)  by encouraging people to aim at a different target each shot.

Looks fun, I like the gas damage on headshots and I think that could lead to some interesting builds around using electric/gas as elements paired with a grouping ability.

1 hour ago, Neo3602 said:

Looks fun, I like the gas damage on headshots and I think that could lead to some interesting builds around using electric/gas as elements paired with a grouping ability.

One more fun thing about this:

See, how the "20% bonus damage on first shot on an enemy..." that does not include (at least it wasn't intended to include?) enemies hit by the gas damage explosion. No, it just means direct hits on enemies.

So there's extra fun things you can do that way. Though this was mostly just meant to shake it up from every other headshot explosion gun I've made - for maximum DPS, you gotta aim for the heads of multiple enemies and quickly.

(You could also probably do cool things by adding Galvanized Aptitude to it)