Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Infested ‘Vertebrator’ Rifle

“Birthed in the death-wombs of the long-dead Celian Continuity of Eris, this Infested weapon deals Corrosive  and spreads any status effect afflicting an enemy to those within a small radius.”

—Codex

infested__vertebrator__burst_rifle_by_fl

Special Traits:
Pandemic Rounds: Shooting an enemy afflicted with a status effect has a chance to spread that status effect to another enemy within a 3.6m radius.

Lore

Testing, testing…. This is doctor Loos Kanageyan, anthropologist and archeotechnologist, and I’d just like to put it on the record that I asked: “what the hell did you just put on my desk?!”

Except, well, that’s not my desk - I’m taking notes on a  dataslate outside an Infestation containment unit in the Chirurge-Class Dreadnought. 

Back in the Academy on Io, they had a replica of something like this. It’s a relic of the Celian Continuity, “birthed from their death-wombs” or so I heard.

Since Tenno love guns like most people love their mother, I’ll explain how it functions. Sort of. All the science behind this was lost a long time ago. 

This was one of their weapons. I don’t…. I don’t know how it works. We killed everyone who did. All I know is that if you shoot someone with this, any effect they’re hit with will transfer to an enemy nearby. And somehow, this energy weapon deals biological damage.

It shoots six-round bursts. But, if you hold the trigger down, like this… it’s divided. First three rounds punch through enemies, second three-round burst fires when you take your finger off. Not unlike a Tigris or Balaenis or Zylok. Except holding the trigger down? It charges those three shots for maximum damage, making them explode on impact. I don’t pretend I know how this works.

Last time anyone saw these fire was back during the First Corpus Expansion, in those early days when the Thaw Cultures filled a vast gulf between Grineer and Corpus Space. Back then, Grineer were… sort of a boogeyman for those out on the new frontier. Believe it or not, back then, the stories were of inhumanly beautiful, broad, tall hairless creatures that would abduct and disassemble your children. But that’s not important now.

See, Pluto is a piss-poor planet. The only reason it’s such a fixture is that it’s the seat of Granum’s power, and it’s got auto-factories and machines nobody knows how to make anymore. We… they needed to grow. It was the most comfortable we’d been since before the Collapse. But there was one obstacle: the Celian Continuity.

What my ancestors did? That was colonialism, pure and simple. But the Celian Continuity, they were bastards through and through. Here’s some perspective. After the Orokin fell, the scattered peoples of the Origin System found many different tech bases. The Oeizu dusted off their old knowledge of atomics, the Dziewanans use a combination of nanomachines and printing that predates the Orokin, the Cursed Moon had the best grasp of Orokin metamaterials and Void science and managed to create things from nothing, and the Celians…

They used pure, raw, Infestation. They saw the Infestation as a way to become the New Orokin, and strategically bred strains to augment their strength, give them a kind of telepathy, augment themselves for specialized roles, and from that came a belief that we were all barely sapient tumors that walked. Course, when you consider what they looked like, this was probably projection. The historian M’kimuro said they’d “force their communion on people as they disassembled their own skulls into a nest of screaming mouths and tentacles, forcing this grotesque appendage into every orifice of the fearful unfortunate’s face in a grotesque parody of a kiss…”

(Eeeugh)

So we killed them all. We sterilized the moon, scouring any trace of them from it. We thought it worked, but, well, you know how that song and dance goes.

AND TARJA LEM JUST GAVE YOU ONE, YASSIN?!

Yassin: HEY! IT WAS PAYMENT FOR SERVICES RENDERED!

Kanageyan: “WHAT SERVICE?!

Yassin: “I murdered an asteroid!”

Kanageyan: “...you murdered the entire population of an asteroid?”

Yassin: “...no.

Kanageyan: “I’m just not gonna touch on that.”

I really do hope, though, that seeing something this unspeakably dangerous isn’t a sign of worse things to come. Infestation cults… they’ve always been something of a nuisance. My buddies back in archeotech studies, the Tenno might’ve come and abducted them, we’d tell horror stories about the kinds of nightmares that Infestation cultists create. The Cult of Arlo? 

...Hate to say it, but I saw it coming. Infestation cults do this every time they rear their ugly heads, promising miracles that can put you back on the level of the Orokin. Maybe even higher. Why do you think Doctor Tengus’ decrepit, tumorous spier van plesier tugs against his smock whenever he thinks of the Infestation? Why do you think Black Seed thinks they can make bioweaponry work? Simple. The Infestation breathed spores into them and used them as an antenna to broadcast them a simple idea: they could become gods. 

And so, they’ll come up with strains or breed-models of Infestation that find some new way to turn everything around you into a potential time bomb. There was an Infestation cult back on Europa, once. The Solaris miners found some beating heart or tumor under the ice, and…

...I was examining the ruins of New Zagreb there, once. I saw… I saw a Solaris miner in a parka get bisected at the stomach by a plasma shotgun, watched their legs pick themselves up, and run towards us. Its spine… no, its spines had regrown, and it was swinging bony protrusions that had become flails and axes towards us. Like a buzzsaw with legs. And then his midsection picks itself up. The head-grate swings open, sinew and gristle between the slats, and starts opening and closing like a mouth, and I swear to the Void I can see it becoming teeth. And the head, there’s veins connecting it to something behind the mouth, it’s like the head has become just another appendage. It shoots out, both heads screaming something that sounded almost but not quite like language.

A tentacle shot out from its back, it hooked itself to a wall, and started shooting at us with a mining laser. It was just…. Mouths and tentacles. And a laser. A laser that I’m pretty sure had grown out of its arm. 

So, anyway. You see Infestation? Burn it. Then rip out its roots and burn it again. Rinse and repeat till you feel safe.

Stats

Trigger: Duplex-Burst-charge
Burst Count: 3(6)
Fire Rate: 
Magazine: 66

On Impact:

Damage: 40
              8  Slash
16 Corrosive
6  Puncture
10 Impact
Critical Chance: 16%
Critical Multiplier: 2.4x
Status Chance: 42%
Punch-Through: 0.8m
Status Radius: 3.6m

Charged:

Charge Time: 0.4s
 On Impact:
Damage:: 40
     8  Slash
     16 Corrosive
     6  Puncture
     10 Impact
Critical Multiplier: 2.6x
Status Chance: 48%

Radial:

Damage: 29
18 Electric
11 Puncture
Critical Chance: 28%
Blast Radius: 3.6m

Artist Notes:
I was going to post a LORE UPDATE on my thread, but then I was all like ‘screw it, why not, it’s been like a month.’

There were a few main ideas here: creating something with the Proliferation effect from Outriders, (which spreads status to nearby enemies) creating a weapon that was essentially the Marker as a firearm, adding some unique lore, and creating a weapon with a frighteningly bizarre trigger. I mean… Duplex-burst-charge? What?!

And one more thing. This weapon was spawned solely because I was trying for a piss-take of the way 40k writes lore of stuff like the Xenos deathlock used by blackshields. Which is officially described as There existed many terrifyingly powerful xenos technology weapons encountered during the Great Crusade, which, through incredibly effective, had been declared prohibited by Mechanicum and Emperor alike for their detrimental effects on the body and mind of a human wielder. The desperation of certain Blackshield forces, however, had overcome such concerns. Those weapons sought out by certain groups of Blackshields were prized for the trauma they inflicted upon the foe -- enemies not torn apart by their horrifying effect were assailed by a storm of soul-wrenching alien horror. Such weapons had been encountered in a range of classes, such as the Extinction Carbines of the Khrave or the psycho-mobius claw-guns of the Kala Sistrum being the most commonly sought-after amongst Blackshield forces.”

If you’re wondering what literally any of that means… good question. So the phrase “Spawned in the death-wombs of the Celian Continuity” arose.

Also, @Teoarrkthis is the Infested thing I said you inspired.

The lore section is godly. Always admired your penwork but this was quite a treat to wake up to. 

Hell yes it's going into the Technocyte Schism. 

Edited by Teoarrk
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

can't wait. Looks very Tyranid in the best of ways.

This is from THE CURSED MOON, a setting I came up with awhile back to expand WF's lore. TL;Doctor of their lore:

1. They were the most advanced civilization after the Orokin fell because (unlike The Corpus) they had access to Orokin technology that, for some reason, had broken permissions. 

2. For a time, they surpassed The Orokin, and might have cost the Corpus dearly...

3. Then their moon telefragged itself with an instance of itself from several picoseconds in the future due to a Void experiment Gone Horribly Wrong.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 2

I love the premise of a highly advanced civilization that is on the precipice of destruction with only a slight miscalculation (that being said temporary calculations being off is a big oopsie!). I'm about 4 pages into the story for @keikogiand just wanted to see if there was overlap with Ganymede since I love the Cowboy Bebop episode Ganymede Elegy. Chtorrh Tower is beautiful. really like what you've done for the moon. It's so utterly Orokin an engineering project. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

I love the premise of a highly advanced civilization that is on the precipice of destruction with only a slight miscalculation (that being said temporary calculations being off is a big oopsie!). I'm about 4 pages into the story for @keikogiand just wanted to see if there was overlap with Ganymede since I love the Cowboy Bebop episode Ganymede Elegy. Chtorrh Tower is beautiful. really like what you've done for the moon. It's so utterly Orokin an engineering project. 

Sorry I kinda forgot about this one midway through. It was... back when we were feeling hyped for PoE and Orb Vallis, but I've soured a little bit on open world content because of how....

I just feel like I only go there for riven unlocks, and after i've gotten all the loot I just don't feel it as much anymore. Though I do admittedly like the boss fights on PoE and Vallis. That's siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

If there's any more lore you need on it, I can help. Here's some stuff I never got around to saying:

1. There's a lot of ocean, which fills all the horizontal striations you see on Ganymede. And the craters.

2. There was another tower at one point, but it was wrecked during the Old War or something and was never fixed.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Sorry I kinda forgot about this one midway through

No need to apologise, what you already had there is very good and left a good first impression.

I just feel like I only go there for riven unlock

Open worlds are a lot of work to populate. I made 2 20 page quests and a trial and that expeditions system for my one and I still feel like it is only surface level. If you don't like a content model, it's good to not create more of what you don't like interacting with. I'll be honest though, if it weren't for

I do admittedly like the boss fights on PoE and Vallis. That's siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

I would not touch open worlds at all. They're fun to do once in a while. Admittedly it makes it sound like I don't like open worlds at all saying that, but in a vain hope kind of way I try to hold onto the times when they were fun until they finally add something more to them.

There's a lot of ocean, which fills all the horizontal striations you see on Ganymede. And the craters.

Ah I see. I wondered if there was a sort of gas zone, since you're going for a habitable but alien landscape.

There was another tower at one point, but it was wrecked during the Old War or something and was never fixed.

That sounds like a great raid area (the old, old gamemode)

Edited by Teoarrk
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

They were the most advanced civilization after the Orokin fell because (unlike The Corpus) they had access to Orokin technology that, for some reason, had broken permissions

Here a good silly reason , sentient hacked it but could not be bothered to put a new password because he was in direct control. He died an the technology was left there. This kind off #*!% up is surprisingly common on war. For example the usa lost nightwank in 1999 because of bunch off small #*!% ups and haste.

42 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

I'm about 4 pages into the story for @keikogiand just wanted to see if there was overlap with Ganymede

That's a lot 

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 1

On 2021-10-31 at 4:16 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Infested ‘Vertebrator’ Rifle

“Birthed in the death-wombs of the long-dead Celian Continuity of Eris, this Infested weapon deals Corrosive  and spreads any status effect afflicting an enemy to those within a small radius.”

—Codex

infested__vertebrator__burst_rifle_by_fl

Special Traits:
Pandemic Rounds: Shooting an enemy afflicted with a status effect has a chance to spread that status effect to another enemy within a 3.6m radius.

Lore

Testing, testing…. This is doctor Loos Kanageyan, anthropologist and archeotechnologist, and I’d just like to put it on the record that I asked: “what the hell did you just put on my desk?!”

Except, well, that’s not my desk - I’m taking notes on a  dataslate outside an Infestation containment unit in the Chirurge-Class Dreadnought. 

Back in the Academy on Io, they had a replica of something like this. It’s a relic of the Celian Continuity, “birthed from their death-wombs” or so I heard.

Since Tenno love guns like most people love their mother, I’ll explain how it functions. Sort of. All the science behind this was lost a long time ago. 

This was one of their weapons. I don’t…. I don’t know how it works. We killed everyone who did. All I know is that if you shoot someone with this, any effect they’re hit with will transfer to an enemy nearby. And somehow, this energy weapon deals biological damage.

It shoots six-round bursts. But, if you hold the trigger down, like this… it’s divided. First three rounds punch through enemies, second three-round burst fires when you take your finger off. Not unlike a Tigris or Balaenis or Zylok. Except holding the trigger down? It charges those three shots for maximum damage, making them explode on impact. I don’t pretend I know how this works.

Last time anyone saw these fire was back during the First Corpus Expansion, in those early days when the Thaw Cultures filled a vast gulf between Grineer and Corpus Space. Back then, Grineer were… sort of a boogeyman for those out on the new frontier. Believe it or not, back then, the stories were of inhumanly beautiful, broad, tall hairless creatures that would abduct and disassemble your children. But that’s not important now.

See, Pluto is a piss-poor planet. The only reason it’s such a fixture is that it’s the seat of Granum’s power, and it’s got auto-factories and machines nobody knows how to make anymore. We… they needed to grow. It was the most comfortable we’d been since before the Collapse. But there was one obstacle: the Celian Continuity.

What my ancestors did? That was colonialism, pure and simple. But the Celian Continuity, they were bastards through and through. Here’s some perspective. After the Orokin fell, the scattered peoples of the Origin System found many different tech bases. The Oeizu dusted off their old knowledge of atomics, the Dziewanans use a combination of nanomachines and printing that predates the Orokin, the Cursed Moon had the best grasp of Orokin metamaterials and Void science and managed to create things from nothing, and the Celians…

They used pure, raw, Infestation. They saw the Infestation as a way to become the New Orokin, and strategically bred strains to augment their strength, give them a kind of telepathy, augment themselves for specialized roles, and from that came a belief that we were all barely sapient tumors that walked. Course, when you consider what they looked like, this was probably projection. The historian M’kimuro said they’d “force their communion on people as they disassembled their own skulls into a nest of screaming mouths and tentacles, forcing this grotesque appendage into every orifice of the fearful unfortunate’s face in a grotesque parody of a kiss…”

(Eeeugh)

So we killed them all. We sterilized the moon, scouring any trace of them from it. We thought it worked, but, well, you know how that song and dance goes.

AND TARJA LEM JUST GAVE YOU ONE, YASSIN?!

Yassin: HEY! IT WAS PAYMENT FOR SERVICES RENDERED!

Kanageyan: “WHAT SERVICE?!

Yassin: “I murdered an asteroid!”

Kanageyan: “...you murdered the entire population of an asteroid?”

Yassin: “...no.

Kanageyan: “I’m just not gonna touch on that.”

I really do hope, though, that seeing something this unspeakably dangerous isn’t a sign of worse things to come. Infestation cults… they’ve always been something of a nuisance. My buddies back in archeotech studies, the Tenno might’ve come and abducted them, we’d tell horror stories about the kinds of nightmares that Infestation cultists create. The Cult of Arlo? 

...Hate to say it, but I saw it coming. Infestation cults do this every time they rear their ugly heads, promising miracles that can put you back on the level of the Orokin. Maybe even higher. Why do you think Doctor Tengus’ decrepit, tumorous spier van plesier tugs against his smock whenever he thinks of the Infestation? Why do you think Black Seed thinks they can make bioweaponry work? Simple. The Infestation breathed spores into them and used them as an antenna to broadcast them a simple idea: they could become gods. 

And so, they’ll come up with strains or breed-models of Infestation that find some new way to turn everything around you into a potential time bomb. There was an Infestation cult back on Europa, once. The Solaris miners found some beating heart or tumor under the ice, and…

...I was examining the ruins of New Zagreb there, once. I saw… I saw a Solaris miner in a parka get bisected at the stomach by a plasma shotgun, watched their legs pick themselves up, and run towards us. Its spine… no, its spines had regrown, and it was swinging bony protrusions that had become flails and axes towards us. Like a buzzsaw with legs. And then his midsection picks itself up. The head-grate swings open, sinew and gristle between the slats, and starts opening and closing like a mouth, and I swear to the Void I can see it becoming teeth. And the head, there’s veins connecting it to something behind the mouth, it’s like the head has become just another appendage. It shoots out, both heads screaming something that sounded almost but not quite like language.

A tentacle shot out from its back, it hooked itself to a wall, and started shooting at us with a mining laser. It was just…. Mouths and tentacles. And a laser. A laser that I’m pretty sure had grown out of its arm. 

So, anyway. You see Infestation? Burn it. Then rip out its roots and burn it again. Rinse and repeat till you feel safe.

Stats

Trigger: Duplex-Burst-charge
Burst Count: 3(6)
Fire Rate: 
Magazine: 66

On Impact:

Damage: 40
              8  Slash
16 Corrosive
6  Puncture
10 Impact
Status Chance: 42%
Status Radius: 3.6m

Charged:

Charge Time: 0.4s
 On Impact:
Damage:: 40
     8  Slash
     16 Corrosive
     6  Puncture
     10 Impact

Radial:

Damage: 29
18 Electric
11 Puncture
Critical Chance: 28%
Blast Radius: 3.6m

Artist Notes:
I was going to post a LORE UPDATE on my thread, but then I was all like ‘screw it, why not, it’s been like a month.’

There were a few main ideas here: creating something with the Proliferation effect from Outriders, (which spreads status to nearby enemies) creating a weapon that was essentially the Marker as a firearm, adding some unique lore, and creating a weapon with a frighteningly bizarre trigger. I mean… Duplex-burst-charge? What?!

And one more thing. This weapon was spawned solely because I was trying for a piss-take of the way 40k writes lore of stuff like the Xenos deathlock used by blackshields. Which is officially described as There existed many terrifyingly powerful xenos technology weapons encountered during the Great Crusade, which, through incredibly effective, had been declared prohibited by Mechanicum and Emperor alike for their detrimental effects on the body and mind of a human wielder. The desperation of certain Blackshield forces, however, had overcome such concerns. Those weapons sought out by certain groups of Blackshields were prized for the trauma they inflicted upon the foe -- enemies not torn apart by their horrifying effect were assailed by a storm of soul-wrenching alien horror. Such weapons had been encountered in a range of classes, such as the Extinction Carbines of the Khrave or the psycho-mobius claw-guns of the Kala Sistrum being the most commonly sought-after amongst Blackshield forces.”

If you’re wondering what literally any of that means… good question. So the phrase “Spawned in the death-wombs of the Celian Continuity” arose.

Also, @Teoarrkthis is the Infested thing I said you inspired.

Nice work, really like the lore for it as well.

Mechanics are interesting and as I've probably mentioned before I think we could really use some more infested weapons

1 hour ago, Neo3602 said:

Nice work, really like the lore for it as well.

Thank you! The lore was a lot of fun to write.

1 hour ago, Neo3602 said:

Mechanics are interesting and as I've probably mentioned before I think we could really use some more infested weapons

Honestly, this time I just wanted to make the most ridiculous trigger I could. I figured "hey, we spend a lot of time holding the trigger on duplex-auto guns, why not?"

• Like 1

Tenno ‘Veuglaire’ pistol

“There are many pistols in the Origin System that improbably recover ammo or energy through unknown means. The Veuglaire’s is simple, refunding ammo on headshots and kills. 

The one drawback to this is its surprisingly heavy recoil - a noted design flaw.

It was commissioned by a high-ranking Orokin official from Neptune towards the end of the Orokin Era who insisted on the toggle-lock design and magazine feed. She then complained to Haruka Lorne about the recoil, questionable reliability, and expense.”
Codex

tenno__veuglaire__pistol_by_fluffywolf36

Special Traits: +10% bonus damage on headshots
Headshots don’t consume ammo, kills add one round into the mag. It’s possible to ‘overstuff’ the mag to 11 or even twelve.

Lore

The younger but more heavyset brother of the Bellatrix Prime. The Veuglaire, on the surface, seems like a straight upgrade to the Bellatrix.  Same magazine, higher damage, even more crit, just as exceptionally accurate…

But this is at the expense of a longer reload, a lower fire rate, and worse recoil. Irritating, when you consider just how the Veuglaire rewards precision. One headshot doesn’t consume ammo, while kills add one rounds into the magazine. Meaning that technically, a headshot kill can reward two rounds. If you get a kill in the first 2 rounds of the mag, it’s even possible to overfill the magazine up to 12.

It doesn’t have the sheer sustained fire of something like the Magnus Prime, Athodai, or dual Toxocyst, but it IS controllable. And predictable. And liable to hit enemies with meaty impact procs, which can be channeled with hemorrhage into even more slash procs. 

A single Lex Prime is more controllable due to solid construction that lessens recoil, and in part due to a low fire rate.

According to Haruka Lorne, the Orokin that commissioned it claimed they wanted it for “hunting.” The following conversation was captured between Father Entrati, the engraver Aulay, Thane, and Haruka Lorne:

Aulay: “Hunting. Mark my words, Lorne, they’re predators, every single one of them. And anything that catches their eye is prey. Not just the auramochs they have galloping across the Cupbearer Plains."

Father: “He’s right, Haru. You need to understand this.”

Haruka Lorne: “...aren’t you Orokin, [REDACTED]?”

Father: “Yes. Which means I know intimately what they’re like.”

Haruka Lorne: “I couldn’t refuse them. They’d… they’d do things to me, subject me to the green fire, or…”

Aulay: “Take it from a Bidanian - I know. My family asks me how I can do this, how I can look myself in the eye and tell myself it’s a good thing that I make their art. And I tell them that some days are harder than others.”

Haruka Lorne: “So if I had no choice, why are you telling me this?”

Father: “Simple. Because you need to understand one thing about the Orokin. Every cent of that wealth is blood money.”

Haruka Lorne: “...What’s a cent?”

Aulay: “Old term for currency. As in, a cent is one percent of the wealth, so…”

Haruka Lorne: “Oh.” *pauses* “Then what do we do about it?”

Father: “We don’t do anything. We keep going, survive the Old War, and… *deep sigh*

Aulay: “We just hope we’re not put to death because the catgut we supply isn’t thick enough, or that we don’t come to A Bao A Qu and find something walking around, wearing what looks like the body of your sister twisted through a carnival mirror, but they’ve… 

*sighs*

Aulay: “She was getting gene therapies. She’d been born in the wrong body, was changing it to fit herself. But an Orokin liked what she had beforehand, and… it was a male body by the time the Orokin put it on.”

Father: “Valdor, are you-”

Aulay: “No. No, I am not.”

Haruka Lorne: “Then… then I’ll do something. Then the Tenno will do something. Do all those words of honor and duty mean nothing to-”

Father: “Yes.” 

Haruka Lorne: “Then by… not the Void, by Aulay’s God, we must make them mean something.”

Exactly what kind of “prey” the Orokin official hunted is unknown. What is known, however, is that the Bidanian Theist practice of Makabi, the Great Hunt, is uncommonly vicious on Aulay’s home moon of Ganymede. The reasons should be obvious.

Stats

Fire Rate: 2.6
Magazine: 10
Trigger: Semi
Reload: 3.2s
Accuracy: 90.9
Damage: 145
Slash: 40.6
Impact  81.2
Puncture 23.2
Crit Chance: 32%
Crit Multiplier: 2.6x
Headshot Multiplier: 3.3x 

Artist Notes

The Veuglaire is - while taking inspiration from the Fourpounder from Deathloop - essentially my Kramer .50 build from Aliens Fireteam. With some minor influence from the Malorian Arms 3516.

But that's beside the point. Anyway, my Kramer pistol has bonus headshot damage and refills ammo on kills.  Except in Warframe…. Refunding just one round on kill doesn’t seem that useful. Even from really powerful pistols, and on higher difficulties, it doesn’t always take one shot. So the ammo reward mechanic makes this a little more useful the higher the numbers get. I also didn't want this outstripping the Lex Prime too much - this is meant to be a weirdly esoteric sidegrade that's good if you're using it properly, compared to the Lex, which pretty much anyone can use.

I considered adding an explosion-like perk to this dealing gas damage on headshots, but that’s being done on a later pistol that will look like a Thompson Center Contender combined with the Veldt. Plus, like… nigh-infinite ammo (assuming the stars have aligned to let you get consistent oneshots) and explosions? Not only does that make this too dependent on headshots, but that’s just too much.

Part of me wants to come up with a precision handcannon that's not too dependent on headshots, but honestly, I think i nailed that with the Depezador Prime. That can be bumped up to a 9x crit multiplier if you're a good shot and have primed mods, and 6.84 crit after one headshot, so that should be helpful against the Infested, which often have easily missed heads and charge you in great numbers.

The next two precision pistols I have planned (yes, I have two) will be more of the same in that regard - some gimmick involving headshots.

Also, I was going to post that one Cursed Moon rifle, but then I was all like “Eh.”

• Like 3

22 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno ‘Veuglaire’ pistol

“There are many pistols in the Origin System that improbably recover ammo or energy through unknown means. The Veuglaire’s is simple, refunding ammo on headshots and kills. 

The one drawback to this is its surprisingly heavy recoil - a noted design flaw.

It was commissioned by a high-ranking Orokin official from Neptune towards the end of the  who insisted on the toggle-lock design and magazine feed. She then complained to Haruka Lorne about the recoil, questionable reliability, and expense.”
Codex

Special Traits: +10% bonus damage on headshots
Headshots don’t consume ammo, kills add 2 rounds into the mag. It’s possible to ‘overstuff’ the mag to 11 or even twelve.

Lore

The younger but more heavyset brother of the Bellatrix Prime. The Veuglaire, on the surface, seems like a straight upgrade to the Bellatrix.  Same magazine, higher damage, even more crit, just as exceptionally accurate…

But this is at the expense of a longer reload, a lower fire rate, and worse recoil. Irritating, when you consider just how the Veuglaire rewards precision. One headshot doesn’t consume ammo, while kills add 2 rounds into the magazine. Meaning that technically, a headshot kill can reward 3 rounds. If you get a kill in the first 2 rounds of the mag, it’s even possible to overfill the magazine up to 12.

It doesn’t have the sheer sustained fire of something like the Magnus Prime, Athodai, or dual Toxocyst, but it IS controllable. And predictable. And liable to hit enemies with meaty impact procs, which can be channeled with hemorrhage into even more slash procs. 

A single Lex Prime is more controllable due to solid construction that lessens recoil, and in part due to a low fire rate.

According to Haruka Lorne, the Orokin that commissioned it claimed they wanted it for “hunting.” The following conversation was captured between Father Entrati, the engraver Aulay, Thane, and Haruka Lorne:

Aulay: “Hunting. Mark my words, Lorne, they’re predators, every single one of them. And anything that catches their eye is prey. Not just the auramochs they have galloping across the Cupbearer Plains."

Haruka Lorne: “I couldn’t refuse them. They’d… they’d do things to me, subject me to the green fire, or…”

Aulay: “Take it from a Bidanian - I know. My family asks me how I can do this, how I can look myself in the eye and tell myself it’s a good thing that I make their art. And I tell them that some days are harder than others.”

Father: “Simple. Because you need to understand one thing about the Orokin. Every cent of that wealth is blood money.”

Father: “We don’t do anything. We keep going, survive the Old War, and… *deep sigh*

Aulay: “We just hope we’re not put to death because the catgut we supply isn’t thick enough, or that we don’t come to A Bao A Qu and find something walking around, wearing what looks like the body of your sister twisted through a carnival mirror, but they’ve… 

*sighs*

Aulay: “She was getting gene therapies. She’d been born in the wrong body, was changing it to fit herself. But an Orokin liked what she had beforehand, and… it was a male body by the time the Orokin put it on.”

Haruka Lorne: “Then… then I’ll do something. Then the Tenno will do something. Do all those words of honor and duty mean nothing to-”

Haruka Lorne: “Then by… not the Void, by Aulay’s God, we must make them mean something.”

Exactly what kind of “prey” the Orokin official hunted is unknown. What is known, however, is that the Bidanian Theist practice of Makabi, the Great Hunt, is uncommonly vicious on Aulay’s home moon of Ganymede. The reasons should be obvious.

Stats

Fire Rate: 2.6
Magazine: 10
Trigger: Semi
Reload: 3.2s
Accuracy: 90.9
Damage: 125
Slash: 35
Impact  70
Puncture 20
Crit Chance: 32%
Crit Multiplier: 2.5x
Headshot Multiplier: 2.1x 

Artist Notes

The Veuglaire is - while taking inspiration from the Fourpounder from Deathloop - essentially my Kramer .50 build from Aliens Fireteam. With some minor influence from the Malorian Arms 3516.

But that's beside the point. Anyway, my Kramer pistol has bonus headshot damage and refills ammo on kills.  Except in Warframe…. Refunding just one round on kill doesn’t seem that useful. Even from really powerful pistols, and on higher difficulties, it doesn’t always take one shot. So the ammo reward mechanic makes this a little more useful the higher the numbers get. I also didn't want this outstripping the Lex Prime too much - this is meant to be a weirdly esoteric sidegrade that's good if you're using it properly, compared to the Lex, which pretty much anyone can use.

I considered adding an explosion-like perk to this dealing gas damage on headshots, but that’s being done on a later pistol that will look like a Thompson Center Contender combined with the Veldt. Plus, like… nigh-infinite ammo (assuming the stars have aligned to let you get consistent oneshots) and explosions? Not only does that make this too dependent on headshots, but that’s just too much.

Part of me wants to come up with a precision handcannon that's not too dependent on headshots, but honestly, I think i nailed that with the Depezador Prime. That can be bumped up to a 9x crit multiplier if you're a good shot and have primed mods, and 6.84 crit after one headshot, so that should be helpful against the Infested, which often have easily missed heads and charge you in great numbers.

The next two precision pistols I have planned (yes, I have two) will be more of the same in that regard - some gimmick involving headshots.

Also, I was going to post that one Cursed Moon rifle, but then I was all like “Eh.”

Like this one as well, refilling ammo on headshots and headshot kills sounds nice.

Also the lore checks out, it's hard to understate how awful the Orokin were. Though it would be interesting to see how unique the Entrati are since despite their dysfunction they don't seem too bad considering the other stuff known abut the Orokin.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Like this one as well, refilling ammo on headshots and headshot kills sounds nice.

Thanks so much! Though it's not just headshot kills, it's any kill. It's just that since headshots don't consume ammo (which is technically adding one into the mag) and kills add two, technically... headshot kills add three.

Seriously, I can't overstate how fun it is doing this with the Kramer against a horde of runners in Aliens Fireteam, just landing headshot after headshot and realizing you're going to get a lot more than eight rounds out of this mag after you've killed four enemies in just as many shots and have five rounds left. Or if you killed three, two-shotting one and one-shotting the other two and the pistol made it so ammo-efficient that for what's in the mag, you might as well have one-shotted them all.

The Athodai and Toxocyst are... fun enough, same for the Knell, but there's something so refreshing about using the Kramer, knowing you're being rewarded for a single precise shot, and having a margin of error cause... well, eight rounds. 

(edit: also, the Cursed Moon thing I posted probably would've had a blast radius, which... honestly? Wanted to shake things up a little. Do a different kind of gimmick by importing a favorite build into this.)

37 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Also the lore checks out, it's hard to understate how awful the Orokin were. Though it would be interesting to see how unique the Entrati are since despite their dysfunction they don't seem too bad considering the other stuff known abut the Orokin.

I didn't have it in me to make Vilcor into someone that was Just As Bad tbh, and Kermerros apparently doesn't have many hard feelings about you destroying the Orokin Empire.

You're right that it sounds interesting. 

Since the  Entrati have a unique language, a unique sub-aesthetic, access to unique and "archaic" (According to some flavor text. I have no idea what that means in this context) technology such as Necraloids, Necramechs and their associated weapons, and the Sepulcrum and Trumna,  and the way Parvos refers to them as "keeping secrets," I get a sense the Entrati were a separate caste.

Or that they were sidelined a little from the caste system. Which I think makes sense - they had The Heart, they had their fingers in some of the most advanced industries of the Orokin Empire, and their patriarch was foundational to everything the Orokin ran on (except for Kuva). Who was gonna tell them no?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Or that they were sidelined a little from the caste system. Which I think makes sense - they had The Heart, they had their fingers in some of the most advanced industries of the Orokin Empire, and their patriarch was foundational to everything the Orokin ran on (except for Kuva). Who was gonna tell them no?

I'd wager that they have their own special caste since Deimos was hidden. Then again, if the Orokin caste system is anything like the Indian one, that would place them right at the top alongside the Executors in terms of rank.

On 2021-11-04 at 6:17 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Gun is beautiful. Stats and mechanic fit the bill for a handcannon.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

archaic

The way the weapons are fashioned make them seem more like they were designed for combat, whereas the 'modern' Orokin weapons have a tendency for looking more like art sculptures than weapons of war.

On 2021-11-04 at 6:17 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

*sighs*

Sounds grim, love it :)

4 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

I'd wager that they have their own special caste since Deimos was hidden. Then again, if the Orokin caste system is anything like the Indian one, that would place them right at the top alongside the Executors in terms of rank.

On 2021-11-04 at 1:17 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Huh. I more had the impression Deimos hid itself after the Tenno started killing everything, not that it was an ongoing thing. Interesting...

And you're probably right about them being close in rank to executors. 

8 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

Gun is beautiful. Stats and mechanic fit the bill for a handcannon.

Thanks so much! I'm glad you like the ammo recovery part. The stats were kind of hard to nail down, because I wanted it to feel close to the Lex Prime in power but not too much further. I accidentally replicated some of the Lex Prime's numbers while doing it once.

As for aesthetic... it's basically just the Fourpounder from Deathloop with the barrel at 12 o'clock and a very large revolver-style compensator cut into the barrel.

12 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

The way the weapons are fashioned make them seem more like they were designed for combat, whereas the 'modern' Orokin weapons have a tendency for looking more like art sculptures than weapons of war.

On 2021-11-04 at 1:17 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Ah, I see what you mean. Entrati weapons feel kind of like... Lex Prime in that way. No fiddly parts, no "horns" that remind me of the spur beneath the trigger guard on the LeMat revolver, but with some pretty traditional prime colors... and mostly brown, which means they don't actually stick out that much.

They also feel, in a way, more... baroque than Orokin stuff. Like it's all larger, older, and clunkier, from a bygone era of different artistic tastes. Kind of like this blunderbuss pistol

23718099_2.jpg?v=8D304429C4BAE10

18 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

Sounds grim, love it :)

Thanks =D I... do a lot of stuff talking about Orokin cruelty, like how they inflicted cultural genocide on the Vaulter people (this was awhile back on the thread) or the Bidanian Theists, and probably some other stuff, but I wanted to go for something a little more subtle this time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

close to the Lex Prime in power but not too much further. I accidentally replicated some of the Lex Prime's numbers while doing it once.

It makes sense to move it over to Impact in any case, so that it has better stats against shields instead of armor and not take on entirely the same role as the Lex.  As for looks, have to say Deathloop looks like something I will have to try at some point for style alone.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

They also feel, in a way, more... baroque than Orokin stuff.

Very much so. 

1 hour ago, Teoarrk said:

It makes sense to move it over to Impact in any case, so that it has better stats against shields instead of armor and not take on entirely the same role as the Lex.  As for looks, have to say Deathloop looks like something I will have to try at some point for style alone.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Plus, you can add Creeping Bullseye and Hemorrhage to it because of the high impact.

2 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Digging Organized Crime GIF by Law & Order

I must find the deepest lore >:)

Here. Let me save you some time:

Here's the stuff about the Vaulters...

On 2021-07-21 at 12:33 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Infested 'Emesis' Bioplasma Launcher

infested__emesis__bioplasma_gun_by_fluff

This Infested launcher weapon was imperfectly reconstructed by the Entrati, using debris and computer data found in the Vaulter ruins. It launches three bioplasma spheres that explode on impact, releasing deadly gas damage radially. The more enemies caught in the blast radius, the more damage it does!”
Lore

Special Traits
Concentrator - aiming down sights for one second will increase the damage and blast radius of the next burst fired.

Codex:
Precious few relics survive from the days before the Orokin, and even less knowledge survives from that era. The Emesis is one such relic… in a sense.

It is a three-round burst bioplasma launcher that explodes on impact, releasing deadly superheated gas upon impact. Due to peculiarities with how gas damage works, this weapon can do more damage for each enemy caught in the blast radius. With heat and gas, it’s capable of slowly disintegrating and burning crowds of Infested all at once. Its high crit gives it massive damage potential.

It’s worth mentioning that it’s probably best if it’s not built with three elemental mods - the best option here is a standard crit/viral build. Possibly with Firestorm for blast radius, or Hammer Shot for extra crit and status.

Zooming in for a short period of time will increase damage and blast radius by a small amount.

Those unfamiliar with the Emesis assume it’s a relic warped by the Infestation on Deimos like the Enferon shotgun. That’s not… entirely true. Father Entrati acquired this weapon from ruins belonging to a people that the Orokin referred to as the Vaulters. It had been dumped, soon to be consumed and reconstituted by the technocyte Maws for raw materials.

It was against Orokin law to work with Vaulter science or knowledge, but then…. It was Father. Few would go against his authority.

The sheer level of naked contempt the Orokin had for the Vaulters remains one of the most puzzling facets of the Orokin Empire. While they hated the Bidanians, the unyielding hatred they had for the Vaulters goes above and beyond their aggression towards any other group.

They lived a primitive existence in ancient catacombs beneath the surfaces of moons and asteroids, maintaining ancient banks of computers and books, clone wombs, and stockpiling ancient weapons of their own design. Not unlike the Esha, Oeizu, and Bidanian Theists, they claimed knowledge of the world before the Orokin. But where these three ethnic groups had a heavily mythologized understanding, with the Bidanians filtering this knowledge through millennia of religious tradition that held their God (or Gods) as being above the Orokin, the Vaulters had actual records and histories.

And so as bad as the Bidanians had it, the Vaulters had it worse. Their culture was so thoroughly murdered by the Orokin that even their name even goes unremembered. Their technologies, their culture, their art and literature, all was destroyed by the Orokin with extreme prejudice. Vaulter children were forcibly inducted into residential schools where their culture was physically and mentally beaten out of them, and then they were presented back to their parents seemingly to rub salt in the wound. Vaulters were often impaled or tied to sculpture they’d built and then liquefied, or used in dread experiments forgotten by history. Some fringe scientists among the Corpus say that various animals, such as the Desert Skates or perhaps Kubrow, were created from Vaulter bodies. Some of them even say the Vaulters were alive and conscious as it happened.

(Author’s note: This is easily one of the most horrible things I’ve written in my fanlore. Good Lord. I may need to pray.)

Then, one day, Father Entrati managed to get his hands on some ancient Vaulter computers, acquired... extremely legally and without any bribery or shotgun-measuring. In his words:

What we did was plug a Vaulter computer and an Orokin one into a Grimnebulin flesh adapter - gross little thing, just a ball of red, with weeping green sores with a little outlet poking out. You have to keep it in a refrigerator. So what we did with this monstrosity was feed designs from Vaulters into a modified Helminth unit we'd attached to a forge.

This thing came out.

It's some kind of bioplasma launcher. I don't know everything about how it works. Not yet anyway. But my guess is, it's some kind of anti-synthetic weapon that the Infestation attempted to reconstruct. Since it doesn't have the plasma cells the Vaulters did, it created an organ that synthesizes bioplasma and mimics the functionality of the original one. If I could rebuild the original version, if I had some intact versions that weren’t eaten by the Infested, I'd have a near-perfect anti-Sentient weapon.

Almost makes you wonder why the Orokin Empire is so keen on burying its past. The more you learn, the more lessons you wish they'd take from it."

--Father Entrati

STATS

Trigger: Burst
Burst Count: 3
Burst Rate: 5.6
Burst Delay: 0.2s
Magazine: 18

On Impact:

Damage: 88
16 Puncture
24 Gas
48 Heat
Critical Chance: 48%
Status Chance: 24%

Radial:

Damage: 232
40 Impact
200 Gas
Critical Chance: 48%
Status Chance: 24%
Blast Radius: 6.9m (nice)

On 2021-04-03 at 4:38 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

for those of you wondering who the "Vaulters" mentioned in that last post were:

Vaulter Ruins:

These ancient, rusting catacombs are found underground between Ceres and Uranus. Especially Ganymede. I don’t have an aesthetic in mind, but stepping into one should feel jarring. Like you’ve stepped into another game entirely. For any non-spaceship or Gas City tileset, you should be able to find one of these. Bode (from Ganymede) will have these quotes once you find one:

Bode quotes:

“According to legend, it used to be just Earth that was habitable. Weird to think about. So back then, people would live under the planet’s surface. It was safe from asteroid impacts, so why not?”

“The Orokin were finding these even towards the end of the Meso era. When they weren’t bombarding the Vaulters with terraforming Seeds, choking them under fertile soil, nano substrate, and roots, they were dragging the people out kicking and screaming. If they were conscious.”

“We don’t know NEARLY enough about the people who built these. We don’t even know what they called themselves, all we know is that the Orokin refused to call them anything but Vaulters.”

“There’s a poem from Anonymous Ion about what the Orokin did to their Vaulter ancestors. The Orokin had…. Hate is too kind a word."

"The Orokin dragged them all off to residential academies, and set to beating their culture out, welt by welt. They’d present the children with machines recovered from Vaults and beat them for explaining how it worked, and ask the children why they made the Orokin beat them. They’d beat them for speaking their own languages. They’d beat them for recounting their histories in front of audiences which they’d requested. Sometimes they’d beat them for no reason at all. Then they refused to call the Vaulters by their real names and banned it from records. Imagine it, Tenno. They killed a culture. One of the only ones that could tell us how once upon a time, the Orokin were only human.”

aaaand here's some stuff about the bidanian theists. Their grudge against the Orokin is so profound that they have a religious festival dedicated to slaughtering Corrupted with hammers and lever-action rifles.

Tenno: “What does this have to do with summer?”

Akira: “Do you know what our Long Winter was? Nothing so prosaic as the cold that grips the Orb Vallis - it was a spiritual winter. A winter is a time where life rests, to bloom once more. But the Orokin… they locked the system in an eternal stillness. A time where no beauty, no life, nothing beyond their control could flourish.”

Tenno: “And you end the Long Winter by… killing Orokin.”

Akira: “Now you get it.”

On 2021-02-08 at 12:57 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Vernal' Lever-Action Rifle

tenno__vernal__lever_action_rifle_by_flu

“One of the highest points of Haruka Lorne’s craftsmanship, this lever-action rifle was created using parts from the Makina and Naga revolvers. The resulting creation fires silently if you pace your shots, and causes explosions on headshots. Two inscriptions scratched into the barrel read “For The Great Hunt” and “End The Long Winter.” Few records of these terms exist, and check your Leverian Entry for Gagarin, Tenno, I’m sure you’ll find it enlightening.”

--Codex

SPECIAL TRAITS
Integral Suppressor - Waiting 0.8 seconds between shots will silence the next shot fired. This is represented by a charge-like icon visible in the reticle. Even when zoomed in.
Brainstormer: On headshots, release radiation damage equal to 40% of headshot damage in a 3.2m radial explosion. 
Hunter’s grip: headshot kills and stealth kills turn you invisible.
Holosights: Tap altfire for increased zoom, which takes the form of an orange holographically projected sight that works similarly to ironsights in a first-person shooter. This also shows a graphic of the weapon silencing itself.

Lore

The last weapon Haruka Lorne created before the Tenno went into cryosleep. This Tenno rifle was built from spare parts for Naga and Makina revolvers, and as such it combines their most unusual traits into one high-powered package. Pacing your shots will silence it, and headshots release massive explosions of radiation damage. Like the Naga, it also comes with increased zoom - though in the form of tiny orange holographic sights that act much like traditional, non-technological iron sights. 

Everything about it compared to the Tenno arsenal is strange.  It was a rather unexpected creation for Lorne, who was well-known for preferring fast-firing longarms and slow, powerful sidearms. On paper, it doesn’t even seem to have a solid or necessary role in the Tenno arsenal - it’s not a DMR like the Latron Wraith, Veldt, or Ostium, because it’s not semiauto and has tiny magazine capacity. But it’s not a sniper. In fact,  it uses rifle ammo and it doesn’t have a scope. Instead, it has  an orange holographically projected sight that works similarly to ironsights in a first-person shooter. Similar to the lever-action rifle from Apex, there's a "charge" graphic that shows something increasing - in this case, the integrity of the weapon's sielncer.

Where this rifle truly shines, however, is in assassination. The lever can be manipulated slowly, to silently chamber a round*, and combined with its silencer and its ability to turn its users invisible, it allows a Tenno to silently slaughter the population of an entire outpost without ever being seen. Even its lack of a scope can be an advantage - this provides users ample peripheral vision, allowing them to quickly pick out targets at close to medium range. While it’s slower-firing and has a small magazine,

It uses a tube magazine that can be fed through a simple speedloader, similar to the kind used by the Oribi shotgun.

Much like the Makina, it takes inspiration from traditional Oeizu aesthetics, with its long, sweeping curves and rounded exterior and rounded, silvery decorations. It’s lost to history why Haruka Lorne took such interest in this culture, specifically, but it’s far from the only example of her taking an interest in them.

Records differ on whether the first Vernal rifles were produced before or after the Red Orbit, when the Tenno and some of their non-Tenno acolytes slaughtered the Orokin en masse. However, the Vernal was not named by Haruka Lorne herself.

That honor likely goes to a Bidanian Theist by the name of Yesha Szalm, the first person recorded as calling it a Vernal, and the first non-Tenno recorded as owning one. 

For some reason, most of the first Vernals were given en masse to Bidanian theists - not any of the simpler rifles like the Burston or Braton or Fedorova - and as such the Bidanians see the Vernal as something not unlike a holy object. Alongside the Tenno, the Vernal rifle was used to cut a bloody, slightly radioactive swathe through the ranks of the Orokin elite, with Tenno, Bidanian and even some Tenno acolyte squads silently ripping apart legions of Dax with this weapon.

To this day, those few Vernals that survive from the years of the Red Orbit are seen as priceless relics, and Bidanians use them to cull Corrupted enemies during their Festival of Makabi. Still others circulate among black markets in Corpus space, a prized weapon for gangsters and their hitmen.

*This is a total non-factor in gameplay. I just wrote this in for flavor reasons.

Comparisons

Prisma Grinlok - the Vernal does very slightly more damage on body shots, but it has a little bit less slash. It’s also got a smaller mag. Where the vernal really shines is in headshot damage. Which, in a strange way, gives it far better crowd control.
Naga Revolver: Assuming all shots crit, this actually crits better. Especially when scoped. Weird, huh?

STATS

Ammo pool: Rifle
Fire Rate: 2
Magazine: 10+1
Reload Time: 2.1s

Normal attacks 

Damage: 192
80 Puncture
64 Slash
32 Radiation
16 Impact
Critical Chance: 30
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
Status Chance: 30%

Radial attacks

Damage: 330 Radiation
Radius: 3m
Critical Chance: 30%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x

Artist Notes

Funnily enough, this thing actually predates the release of the lever-action rifle in Apex Legends. But I did start coloring this thing when I found out it was released, so it's not like the 30-30 had no influence. Speaking of which, this is why it has 30 status and 30 crit - because, while making this weapon, I couldn't resist having the number 30 in it twice in quick succession.

For some reason, I was stuck on the idea of a silenced lever-action - and merging the idea behind two of my revolvers, the Makina and the Naga, into one rifle. The Makina creates radioactive explosions on headshots, meanwhile the Naga is a larger-caliber gas-seal scoped hunting revolver that’s silenced if you wait 0.8 seconds between shots. You can see some similarities in that this is essentially a L O N G Makina with the color scheme of the Naga.

I’m not… I’m not making this into a pistol. It’d invalidate them both, it’s just not a good idea. 

The Makina’s essentially a raygun gothic revolver, and the genesis of this came when I thought “hey, what about a lever-action raygun gothic weapon?”

Which is funny, because anyone who knows my playstyle in Warframe knows that I gravitate towards automatic weapons like the Soma Prime, Sobek, Buzlok, Prisma Gorgon, and Kuva Quartakk, with some outliers in the Corinth Prime and Strun Wraith. I enjoy the Latron Wraith a lot for some reason (probably my ridiculous redcrit riven) but I just don’t use it that often. So a lot of the synopsis for this is just me mocking the fact that this is an archetype I’m relatively unlikely to use. Though if this was canon, I’d probably have a lot of fun with it. Probably climb up the ranks of my favorite weapons fast.

Raygun gothic, by the way, is the aesthetic of the “oeizu” people I mentioned awhile back. The idea behind the Oeizu is that they’re nomadic and mutated by exposure to low-gravity, much like the Belters from The Expanse, and they’re mostly nomadic, existing in the lowest-gravity habitats and traversing the system on ancient ships. 

I’ve toyed with including them in my Warframe fan thread, but I just haven’t felt it yet. That thread… I already diverge a lot from canon. I already make up my own lore. I already include new factions, characters, events, terms, et cetera. Though who knows, maybe the Oeizu are all dead at this point, because I just said they existed at the same time as the Orokin. Oeizu, by the way, is a corruption of the ancient name “Outer System Union.”

It’s just that I’m used to being the kind of person that uses their fandom as a springboard into warping it into something else, and I don’t want the thread’s lore to get so 3deep5me that it crushes my love of Warframe. My love of this game is… already on a precipice compared to MLP, which will always be a treasure to me because of the plushie right next to me now. For some reason her face is the perfect shape to rest against mine. Whoever designed that deserves a raise.

Maybe, in time, I will do that. Or maybe I’ll just make something raygun gothic for the hell of it.

...That got heavier than I would have liked.
On 2019-05-01 at 12:18 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Yep! They believed something was more powerful, more important, and more worthy of worship than the Orokin. Naturally, the Orokin didn't take this well.

While they didn't like the Sentients, various extremist Bidanians (those that hadn't sealed themselves in planetside arcology-vaults or other places) wholeheartedly embraced letting the Orokin fall. Come Ganymede's main quest, they're one of the vanishingly few factions that won't judge the Tenno for the Bad Thing they did. They won't even consider it a Bad Thing, they'll be like "False gods! Idolators who worshiped the depths of their own pockets! The Origin System is better without them."

The specifics of their religion, though... I haven't figured it out, but I'm going to try and include some Abrahamic influences in it. I don't know which ones, specifically.

Also: The "Old Lokites?" They're meant to be ancestors of New Loka who suffered rather similar persecution.

Well, in that case, I'm very appreciative!

On 2020-09-22 at 12:19 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno: “Why… why do you enjoy this so much?”

Akira: “I don’t know how much you know about us. But our faith, our people… the Orokin tortured us, Tenno. It was almost a game to them, Tenno. Like we were pobbers and they were Kavats or Hyekkas, playing with their food. I’d say we were less than human to them, but the Orokin didn’t value human life very much. We were raw materials that happened to be able to scream in pain, and so that was a bonus of sorts to them.”

Tenno: “I… think I understand. I remember the Dax instructors, executors… I remember them smiling as they beat us, electrocuted us. All to… test our endurance? We were so starved for attention of any kind from them.”

Akira: “I’m aware. I know… that what I’m about to show you in the umbral Ayatan may shock you. But I want you to know: There’s nothing to apologize for. Not to me. You’ve shaken off that weight.

And, well, to explain the Oeizu a bit-

On 2021-02-08 at 4:47 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

As for the Oeizu, well.... the simplest way to put it is that they're the Belters from The Expanse, a catchall term for people from the moons around Jupiter, Saturn, and Ceres, all of whom have grown up in virtually no gravity. So they're tall, thinly built, and have a laundry list of health issues because of this. Virtually none of them can step foot on a planet without large amounts of drugs and conditioning.  So they exist in the lowest-gravity habitats and traverse the system on ancient ships - there's a lot of overlap between them and Ostrons in that way. In Corpus space, they're trusted for zero-gravity repairs, mining, and other stuff. Their main defense from  Grineer is to run away as fast as possible.

According to their mythology, they once ruled a swathe of space from the Jovians to Saturn, and maybe even Uranus, but that time has passed, and many Corpus regard it with scorn because of how many of them can't even set foot on planetary bodies with sufficiently high gravity. They're a deformed underclass subject to no small amount of racism by the Corpus.

This is mostly just an effort to try and make the Origin System feel... larger. Add a few more cultures in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

This is mostly just an effort to try and make the Origin System feel... larger. Add a few more cultures in.

I completely sympathize with the effort. Its funny that for how massive the Solar System is, it has a tendency of feeling tiny in Warframe. Content viable for a veteran aside, it's a lack of identifiable people and places that really drive that home.  

I really like the factions here. With the Vaulters, you've made it possible to explain what happened to colonies that date to as recently as 200 years from us in the present, plus the parallels you've drawn from real history were uncomfortable to read, which is a good thing. The Bidinians are curious. I hope to learn more of them in the future. Then theres the Oiezu, which are muties, which are always fun to approach. 

Edited by Teoarrk

29 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

Content viable for a veteran aside, it's a lack of identifiable people and places that really drive that home.  

I feel ya.  I've played Warframe for almost half its lifespan. And I remember being... super happy to hear about the mycona. I was also a little bit disappointed that the Infested open world wasn't another culture of the Origin System, but all honesty, Deimos was so good I don't care about that at all. also AW PISS I LIKE TOTALLY FORGOT SOME OTHER IMPORTANT LORE

On 2020-07-02 at 11:07 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

?? ‘Object 45-I-98’ Shotgun

_object_45_i_98__plasmoid_shotgun_by_har

“Anti-shield [PLACEHOLDER: SHOTGUN] uses magnetic fields to fire a burst of phasic projectiles that cause explosive subatomic fusion upon breaking a shield. Origin unknown. All attempts at disassembly have failed. Object 45-I-98 was discovered [ERROR]. [ERROR]”

Codex

Error.

Defaulting to first record of-

Reestablishing…

Retrieving Record 45-I-98...

Tenno Haruka Lorne (Fluffywolf36): “So, we’ll be in close quarters for this one on a new-model Anyo Corp Battleplate. Yassin will be running fire support with his Prisma Gorgon, and I brought my special Sobek. Yassin, what did you pack?

Tenno Yassin: “Read ‘em and weep, boys.”

Tenno Ginebra: “Oh damn. What is that?”

Fluffywolf36: “Never seen anything like that…”

Tenno Thane: “…Okay. What is that.”

Yassin: “Honestly? I was hoping one of you could tell me. I was out with Vinge and some SIF fighters, clearing ghouls in the Navar Cannon batteries on the Ridge, and I just…. found this in a Grineer storage room. It was a mess. They had Iapetan pottery from the Quorum Era end-to-end with Riddhan furs, and a pile of rust that would’ve been from some Iapetan resistance movement before the Orokin, and a pile of rust that I think used to be an Elysium. I found this between a Tenebrae and a Tiberon from Martialis Armory. Vinge said I could take what I wanted, so…”

Ginebra: “So that’s why your Railjack has so much pottery on it.”

Fluffywolf 36: “Was there any information on it?”

Yassin: “Not a word.”

Fluffywolf36: “Grineer archeologists? Huh. I’ve broken into their files on the plains, and they are…”

Thane: “Mournful. Their records are mournful. You think the treasure hunters from the Plutonian academies are bad, Grineer are worse in every way. It’s like using a machete to butter your khachapuri. It will go wrong.”

Fluffywolf36: “We’ll ask for Vinge’s help tracing it later. Will it be good against Corpus?”

(Yassin smirks)

Yassin: Oh, I think after you see it, it’s really going to blow up.

[OPERATION COMPLETED]

[COMPILING…]

[RETRIEVING TENNO ALLIANCE RESEARCH DIVISION NOTES

STATEMENT: Dr. Loos Kanageyan

PHD, Snidge University

Kronia Relay Archaeo-Tech Recovery Laboratories]

Report 020200602 Object 45-I-98: 

Log begins. As the Saturn system is a site of former Orokin industry and trade, Kronia Relay’s Recovery Labs are in a unique position to recover the Origin System’s lost history. I’m grateful beyond measure to Vinge and other SIF members for taking Iapetus, [DATA CORRUPTED] benevolent kidnappers who are definitely not forcing me to write this at gunpoint-

-That was a joke, Atlan! You know I love you and Haruka. She and Thane always bring the best artifacts. 

Seriously, most Corpus don’t live long enough to retire. No, that’s not aimed at you or any other Tenno. Signing up for a position of any worth is basically consenting to have some niner attempting a gunpoint promotion, or a suit on a power trip making you choose between short-term profit and the truth. Also at gunpoint. Or being dragged off to the Riddhan ruins to find the Treasure of Karishh, as some Tenno chases you at gunpoint, all while the other two are also holding you at gunpoint. All of which have happened to me. The Relay doctors said I was at risk for a massive, once-in-a-generation coronary because of the sheer stress.

But anyway. I’m grateful beyond measure to my benevolent kidnappers because now I can finally examine archeological sites without being forced at gunpoint to turn a profit.

However, sometimes we get mystery items like Object 45-I-98. It’s not often that we find artifacts that are not just Orokin, but untraceable. But it does happen. 

We’ve designated it Object 45-I–98. This.. shotgunlike? I guess it’s a shotgun, anyway, but it was designed by parties unknown with the express intent of breaking shields. It fires a spread of eight energy spheres similar to plasmoids, which explode on impact with any surface. Each one radiates energy around them - think of them as kind of like tiny Plasmor projectiles.

It appears to fire in two-round burst - the first shot fires four spheres, while the second fires the remaining four. Upon breaking a shield, these spheres violently explode, dealing radiation damage. It's damn near useless against "serious" armor like on the Grineer, but whoever built this really didn’t like Corpus. You reload it kind of like a Tigris - you break it open, then place the magazine directly inside. The magazines are meant to be easily built at any foundry.

Typically, these are acquired by Tenno in bits and pieces. Upon attaching the barrel to the heat sink, they nanomechanically bond and become inseparable. Examination of these parts has proven fruitless - many of them explode upon attempts at disassembly. These have some commonality with Orokin prime weapon parts and reports exist of a similar anti-shield Sentient weapon,but it’s very clearly not from either faction.

The aesthetic - these angles and planes - suggest another faction or group with advanced technology. We can’t find any similar techniques, and only Dziewanan weaponry and Vos Armaments weaponry similarly use magnetic fields. The projectiles, the creation of something that specifically detonates shields… My first guess was Dziewana, but there’s a number of things about that which don’t make sense.

1. Their weapons are usually made to superheat or irradiate. 45-I-98 was meant to disrupt shields and cause an immediate reaction.

2. Safety mechanisms - Dziewanan weapons fundamentally have the bare minimum of safety mechanisms, for the sake of efficiency and effectiveness, while 45-I-98 has a much more robust cooling system. It won’t overheat or burn you through your lightsuit.

3. Building Techniques - While this does seem like something the Dzies would do, their Foundries - or Fabricators in the local dialect - print them in sheets for easy assembly, resulting in their peculiar slab-sided, brutalist look. Examples of 45-I-98, however, are not. This appears to have been built as a scaffolding around a power core of some kind. It’s possible this has a common ancestor with their weapons, but so many techniques are different. 

4. Anti-Tampering Mechanisms - Dziewannan soldiers have a specially-made multitool keyed to Dziewannan genetic markers and [REDACTED] used for disassembly. Upon disassembling a weapon without this, the weapon overheats and melts its sensitive components into slag. Going off what Gazrov said, equipping their soldiers with weapons that could be exploded any time was too unsafe. But whoever built this… no, they had no such compunctions.

5. Age - Dziewanan weapons are relatively new, dating back to the tail end of the Second Expansion Era. But we carbon-dated it to [DATA CORRUPTED]

This latter point places it it in just the right window for one of the Thaw Cultures that arose before the Unification Eras.

A fascinating period of time, the Thaw Cultures. While many cultures such as the Ostrons and Corpus refer to the loss of the Orokin as a tragedy, there are just as many such as  the Arbiters of Hexis, some Ganymedean cultures, the Grineer, Iapetans, and especially Bidanian Theists,  who celebrate their fall.  In fact, the term comes from the Theists. Bidanian Theists were so persecuted and tormented by the Orokin that they fled past Pluto to the tiny asteroid of Bidan, and they refer to the Orokin Era as the Long Winter. And so they compare the era of settlement, freedom, and rediscovery predating the Grineer and Corpus to spring. Thus, Thaw Cultures.

The Thaw Cultures, often isolated from former trading partners, developed their own tech bases. Assuming they survived. Many examples of esoteric weapons such as the baan or yarritusk survive from this era, and it’s a pleasure to find another one because so little information exists. So many of the Thaw cultures are lost to the march of Corpus or Grineer - the early Corpus were extremely bad at recording accounts of the cultures they bought and spent. Even now, the SIF academics forming Iapetus University have discovered a Thaw Culture that predates the Ring Coalition the Grineer destroyed.

I’d be content for this to be a relic of a lost Thaw culture, even if I hadn’t found any other examples of it. It’d be just another mystery in the Origin System. But there’s one flaw with this theory: the parts Tenno seem brand new. And their discovery coincides with Tenno Yassin discovering it in the Iapetus Ridge fortifications.

Where are they coming from? Are the creators somewhere out there? 

Dr. Kanageyan, 

Tenno Alliance.

ADDENDUM:
 the Codex file we’ve written on it keeps getting data corruption events. Fine, we’re using millennia-old technology we don’t know how to reproduce. But the Lotus and Tenno have access to some of the best computational equipment in the systems. But [DATA CORRUPTED] five times as often [DATA CORRUPTED] statistical average. Griza has been [DATA CORRUPTED]

(O̶H̶ ̶C̶O̶M̶E̶ ̶O̶N̶)

...some kind of anti-informational technology, like a smaller-scale Scrambler. I don’t know if I believe that, as this technology seems far outside the realm of possibility, but I’ve had too many issues archiving this to press my luck. Thankfully, Archivist Yondan Simmis is in the process of transcribing it using pen and paper. I’m HOPING no technology exists that can be that effective, otherwise - knowing the Orokin - it would’ve killed all of us, destroyed the written word, and given us all brain damage.

...they couldn’t do that, right?

Dr. Kanageyan.

STATS
Ammo: Shotgun
Trigger: Burst
Fire Rate: 3
Magazine Size: 10
Reload Time: 2.2s

Normal Attacks
Total Damage: 260(x2)
Magnetic: 124
Impact: 86
Slash: 50
Pellets: 4
Burst Count: 2
Critical Chance: 15%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 30%

Area Attacks
Total Damage: 300 Radiation
Critical Multipler: 3.0x
Blast Radius: 4.0m

Artist Notes

Object 45-I-98 is so mysterious that even I have no idea who made it. 

Mardin of Chatzuk was a massive inspiration on this - there’s quite a few Exotics he’s written up on his blog that make light of how profoundly inexplicable they are, such as the writeup on the Eon Drive. This paragraph sticks out to me:

“The hell you mean, ‘couldn’t say’?”
“I mean I couldn’t say where it came from if I wanted to… Oh, here it is.”
“What the hell does that mean? Thing fell out a Vex portal into your garage?”
“Maybe not far from the truth… but no. I found it in storage on Mars.”
“Up around those Clovis Bray parts what opened up?”
“Yep.”
“I thought BrayTech stuff was supposed to be real slick.”
“This ain’t BrayTech.”
“Oh no? Then what the hell is it?”
“Buddy, when I have a damn idea what the hell it is, I’ll make sure you’re the first to know.”

I wanted to make a weapon that wasn’t just a mystery, but was inexplicable. Something so bizarre, so divorced from Warframe’s aesthetics, that even I had no idea who made it. The Thaw Cultures, if you’re wondering, are a reference to the Spring Cultures from Mortal Engines, a catchall term for the cultures that arose after the apocalyptic devastation of the Sixty Minute War.

We don’t know much about them. Same for Warframe’s non-Grineer and non-Corpus cultures - for a long time, these were only vaguely hinted at. I’m told some of us didn’t even know that cultures beside those two even existed back during the Gradivus Dilemma. To this day, Warframe has still made missteps at that. We know the Mycona exist, we know the Solaris and Ostrons exist, and we know that there’s plenty of colonies out there trying to keep out of the way of the main plot, but overall Warframe’s universe has had trouble establishing that other people live in it - or even what life in the Corpus is like.

...Though to be fair, the latest Nightwave has been making strides towards that. I’ve had some issues, but overall I still feel like this is the best Nightwave. At least it’s interactive. At least I get to see the journal of some random guy.

The Thaw Cultures are a way to continue that and further establish that yes, other people live in the Origin System.

The shield-exploding gimmick came from how lasers apparently cause shields to explode in Dune (A major influence on Warframe). This would probably be more useful in, say, Borderlands, but it’d be unique, niche, and fun, so why not.

• Like 1

Cursed Moon 'Oscilla Rifle'

cursed_moon__oscilla__rifle_by_fluffywol

“Military-grade Cursed Moon energy rifle that automatically fires oscillating bursts of volatile quasiparticles. According to data archeologists, it was built in great numbers for a population far exceeding the theorized population of the Cursed Moon.

Which explains why so many Tenno have one.”

--Codex

Lore

It’s difficult to classify the Oscilla. The power of a single trigger pull calls to mind a battle rifle, but it’s burstfire and requires you to be on target for maximum damage. But it also cycles these bursts automatically, with a noticeable burst delay. And the final, most damaging percentage of the burst deals moderate area of effect damage.

This weapon also has punch-through, and the explosion will trigger on whatever it hits. 

So what is it? Explosive? Battle rifle? Assault rifle? Who knows?!

That aside, the simplest explanation is that it works like the Dziewannan ‘Dzida’ beam sniper, trading power for reliability. Except you don’t have to take your finger off the trigger between bursts. (ooc: which means that basically, imagine the Charge Rifle from Apex Legends if it had the auto burst trigger. Which, for those of you who don’t know, is the trigger on the Battacor.)

It also has some recoil when the final segment of the burst is fired.

The discovery of the Oscilla is a strange one. After retrieving a Dhoul from the Cursed Moon, the Tenno Yassin took his fellow squad members - Haruka Lorne, Ginebra, and Thane McCrinn - on an expedition. Yassin had been telling his fellow Tenno how rare it is to find an intact, functioning, perfectly preserved weapon, so they should just expect to find scattered, broken weapons with easily salvaged parts that could be frankengun’ed together…

At which point they found a stasis-sealed room full of Oscilla Rifles. They locked down the room to transfer them up to the waiting railjack, which triggered a vigorous, bloody defense of the room. According to Ginebra, the things that attacked them looked like… people half-melted into each other, with multiple faces or mouths or eyes melted into each other. Two, three, even four sets of people seemed to be melded together into bloblike “crawlers” or even charging too-wide or too-tall things with multiple arms, each clutching firearms. Some of them seemed to have once been Grineer or Corpus.

As with most things about the Cursed Moon, the Oscilla’s origins are shrouded in mystery. It has a number of similarities with the Dziewannan  ‘Dzida’ beam rifle, as both boast a skeletonized design, both fire a volatile particle beam, and both act similar to the Opticor. The difference being that the Dzida is meant to act like an anti-materiel rifle.

This suggests early trade with the Dziewannans, that perhaps one of them introduced the technology and both began utilizing it. Or (as is typical for those of Dziewanna) the design was introduced to them and, in a desperate bid for more power, they began brute-force engineering it into an antimateriel rifle.

This all underpins one key fact: There’s a lot of Oscilla rifles, which seem to have been produced in quantities that exceed the proposed population of the Cursed Moon.  It’s theorized that it was meant as a Cursed Moon equivalent to weapons such as the Tenno Avakan, Grineer Karak, or Elysium rifle. That is to say, an ultra-reliable weapon that could be given to fighters that had never used anything more advanced than an unpowered knife.

Which sure explains why so many Tenno seem to have one.

These Oscilla rifles are kept in the armory at the Tenno Relay Alliance Cursed Moon Outpost, which enjoys a non-aggression pact with the Corpus Outpost due to both stations knowing that if the Cursed Moon becomes volatile, they’ll need help from each other. These rifles are available to anyone who earns enough credit or reputation with the Cursed Moon Outpost.

Also, instead of reloading, it has a cooldown period where it vents... steam or something and makes a deep thrumming noise. I have no idea how to reload this.

Stats:

Notes: the final “Charged shot” has slight vertical recoil. Slightly more than the Dex Sybaris, but less than the Sybaris Prime.

general

Trigger: I don’t know how to describe this. Auto-burst-charge? Regular old auto-burst? I wouldn’t know! I used to have DREAMS, guys, but NO, I can’t work on that urban fantasy novel because I have no time management skills and I’m overloaded with [REDACTED] jobs, which… actually make money, so it’s not so bad
Magazine: 60
Burst Delay: 0.14s
Burst Rate: 3.8
Reload: 2s

Uncharged: (x4 ticks, consumes 2 ammo)

Damage: 14(x4)
7 Radiation
4 Slash
3 Puncture
Critical Chance: 22%
Critical Multiplier: 2.1x
Status Chance: 36%

Charged (consumes 1 ammo)

Damage: 56
24 Radiation
16 Slash
12 Puncture
Punch-Through: 1.6m

Area Attacks:

Damage: 42
28 Slash
14 Radiation
Radius: 1.2m

Artist Notes

So, you noticed this looks very different from my normal oeuvre. And the reason why is simple: I already had a vision, one that was filled pretty neatly by some extant stuff that I googled while looking for references. I’d copied parts of the silhouettes wholesale, and I’d tried to put together a mockup,. And, as usually happens when I make mockups or joking names, it took on a life of its own and it was too much trouble to create something new. I was like “You know, this’ll take too much time to actually draw when i can just photobash it together, why not?”

If you’re wondering, the two props used are an alien prop weapon from Defiance, and what I think is a Predator rifle prop.

As you'd expect, yes, Giger was an influence.

• Like 3