The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt ult rework (2 variants)

Fallen_Echo

I think many of us know the various problems of volts ult and how the damage cap on it hinders the CC and the damage potential of it. I here brinh you two rework ideas one what more or less keeps the current form of the skill and another what entirely replaces it.

1) Discharge: This skill turns enemies into tesla coils damaging others and increasing the damage they receive.

This variant keeps the damage cap as i suspect its there to not make it overpowered but as fast as the damage cap is reached the arcs stop doing any meaningful damage (1/sec) and keep the enemies stunned for the rest of the duration. As a bonus this skill now grants 1% max health based damage to every warframe skill with electricity based damage including magnetic, corrosive and radiation on affected targets and weapons with the previous 4 deal 5% more damage.

2) Overload: (yes we reuse the old name) This skill empowers Volts ally to grant him enchanted combat properties.

This skill is used on one choosen player in volts team. When used it grants the affected player a flat increase in crit and status chance (capped at 50%) an electric shield modifier what negates poison and slash procs and finally bonus base electricity damage on each attack.

The bonuses are all affected by duration and strenght mods on volt. The base bonus damage is max 2000. The bonus damage affects both skills and weapons on the affected player. Ability bonus damage depends on volts p.strenght while weapon damage uses the firerate modifiers and p.strenght to calculate its final damage.

Final damage= modified damage/(firerate*3)

This skill has 10 sec duration and 8m range.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

The first one seems fine, even without the % stuff, damage + reliable mass CC like that would be super strong.

Second one ... lolwut

For the second one i got inspiration from overwatch, where one of the heroes (Ana) ult is to empower a teammate. It seemed like a good idea to suggest a skill what actually needs good teamwork.

I think his ult should not completely disable enemies.  They should be able to walk and even shoot (with 0 precision due to electrocution).

Ult should affect limited number of enemies (15 or so, focusing on heavy ones).   "Coil zaps" and "overcharge" blast should both be much stronger.

Because right now its just plain boredom. Same stunlock as Mirage's ult was before.