Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New focus school idea: WARFRAME puppet master.

MokutoBunshi

Well, with the dev workshop for Focus 2.0 out, I have to say I'm unimpressed.

Perhaps puppeteering the Warframe could be something innate to Operator mode, using the ability buttons (1,2,3 and 4) to command them to do different things. When not instructed to do anything, they default to Specter AI.

For example:

1 - Commands the Warframe to fire on enemies in a cone in front of you. Holding the button displays which enemies are in range.

2 - The Warframe bullet jumps toward the targeted enemy and engages them in melee.

3 - Calls the Warframe back to you, where it will stand in front of you and block enemy fire until a new command is issued.

4 - Grants a buff to the Warframe determined by your Focus School.

Basically, I'd like to see the gameplay resemble the Asroc/Galette Krone boss from ASG2 (at roughly 2:20).

Edited by Corvid

On 9/30/2017 at 4:02 AM, Corvid said:

Well, with the dev workshop for Focus 2.0 out, I have to say I'm unimpressed.

Perhaps puppeteering the Warframe could be something innate to Operator mode, using the ability buttons (1,2,3 and 4) to command them to do different things. When not instructed to do anything, they default to Specter AI.

For example:

1 - Commands the Warframe to fire on enemies in a cone in front of you. Holding the button displays which enemies are in range.

2 - The Warframe bullet jumps toward the targeted enemy and engages them in melee.

3 - Calls the Warframe back to you, where it will stand in front of you and block enemy fire until a new command is issued.

4 - Grants a buff to the Warframe determined by your Focus School.

Basically, I'd like to see the gameplay resemble the Asroc/Galette Krone boss from ASG2 (at roughly 2:20).

I really like that idea. A focus school could be devoted to improving the abilities of your puppetted frame and allowing you to prioritize which abilities it uses while apart.

22 minutes ago, Eidolor said:

I really like that idea. A focus school could be devoted to improving the abilities of your puppetted frame and allowing you to prioritize which abilities it uses while apart.

I'd rather it just be something innate to Operators, to be honest. No need for an extra Focus School.

Btw. I know some of you don't like anime. To be clear:

#1 This idea was NOT inspired purely by anime but naruto has a good way to illustrate the idea.

#2 Warframe IS BASED ON AND INSPIRED BY A SUB GENRE of anime. Even the devs have stated this (dont quote me) in a dev stream before.

A good example of this anime is: "bio booster armor Guyver"

91f9a1b00cbb5fd90aeed93f29f3be99.jpg

]\'[

Edited by MokutoBunshi