Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Realized Alerts May Be A Problem Now

BloodKitten

so, i wanted to go for saryn parts, but then, an alert taking place in merrow, having no way of choosing regular merrow im stuck having to do the alert first, while just a rescue mission, i can only think of situations of hour+ alerts of something long like 20 waves defense, the old map we had option to either go to alert, or do the normal version of the node.

just some venting off on my side, what do you guys think?

I think the small chance of an alert taking place on any given point, combined with the fairly short duration of the overwhelming majority of alerts, make this a rather trivial issue.

Still, I would not be opposed to a way to select the non-alert mission, even if I don't feel it's particularly necessary.

A nice idea. I thought about this too recently.

I decided that the way it currently is works better because I feel it makes for a more immersive role playing. When the Lotus discovers a significant artifact on a particular planet, for example, I feel like we as Tenno must respond to the alert and prioritise the raid of the place. As opposed to "hey the Lotus needs more manpower on this particular mission, so let's go to that same planet, and while we're there, let's NOT help out and kill a boss instead".

The vibe I get when playing Warframe is that Tenno are few in numbers compared to other factions, but a very tight-knit team of kick-assery who perform highly co-ordinated surgical attacks on planets as the alerts arise.

I was wanting exactly the same thing you were, but if I think about the game this way, I feel like the current system is great. This is my sentiment anyway, I'm not sure if many others feel like the RP elements of this game are that strong.

It'd be nice if this gets wrapped into the UI that allows you to choose to not do nightmare mode for a given map. You get a small dropdown of options or something to choose alert, normal, nightmare, etc depending on what's available.

I didn't think it was a problem until I got to you saying it might be a defense alert, and even then, alerts are generally a bit higher level, and could just put a roadblock in front of a lower level player.  While not a common occurrence, I could see this having the potential to screw someone over if they have limited play time.  I wouldn't mind seeing the ability to pick and choose regular mission vs alert like we could before.  I honestly didn't even know it did this, it looked like it might, but I always picked alerts from the text list out of habit.

This was a rather strange change. I wonder why DE decided to remove the option, and I also have doubts about nightmare mode locking out normal mode on that level for a day.

This is why I'm glad that I have not done all the missions on most planets. In fact I am not planning to ever do this so I don't have to deal with the hassle of nightmare being on the map I want to do.

This was a rather strange change. I wonder why DE decided to remove the option, and I also have doubts about nightmare mode locking out normal mode on that level for a day.

^

It's pretty annoying that we can't choose the normal mission instead of the alert/nightmare one. Before they removed nightmare from Mercury completely, Tolstoj was nightmare almost all the time.

I like how the map lays now, but I think the splash screen should ask you if you want to run the stage normal/alert/nightmare/whatever else they come up with later down the road. It would be a nice way to make those splash screens for a stage do more than just show off our space ninjas being cool...