Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels and Sacrifice

Oreades

I want to love sacrifice and the few times it has actually worked it has been pretty cool. 

However it is really inconsistent because the sentinel takes SO long to get around to bothering to attempting to rez you that if anything kills it after it starts you die before it respawns. There is only so much shuffling and shooting you can do to try and cover it while it tries to do it's thing. Which is especially frustrating because in a lot of the instances you still die and just waiting out the normal bleed out counter would have been faster. 

Perhaps it might make it more consistent if it was more proactive and started rezing sooner but canceled it's rez if another player started to rez you? That way if it died it would have time to pop back and start rezing your before you died. Starting again only if there was no other active rezer detected. 

Or maybe if it triggered the Sanctuary mod, if you had one equipped (which I do) while it was rezing. So it would have some extra buffer before it started taking damage. Because it seems like the times I notice Sacrifice failing the most are when I'm most of the way to being rezed and then just die anyhow, presumptively because something killed my sentinel while it was rezing. 

Now I do have to admit that part of the issue could be the fact that my sentinels don't have any attack mods on them but with all the utility mods that I have on them there is literally no more room to be able to fit a mod to tell the sentinel to use it's weapon. So maybe adding an extra mod slots to sentinels like the Warframe aura mods but exclusively for attack behavior mods would help there?

Edited by Oreades

Personally, I don't often experience this. Typically not having an attack precept in is a good thing, as they'll only attack one enemy and that only pulls aggression to them, when otherwise enemies will usually prioritize any ally in a decent range over your passive sentinel. Also, the wait till you are about to bleed out is, I think, to give allies a chance to get to you to avoid you sentinel needlessly sacrificing itself when an ally was coming to help you but couldn't get there in the few seconds the revive takes. All that said though, I feel like the sentinel should be protected better when it's reviving you, I think a small protective shield as part of the mod itself could work, as it can't attack while using another precept anyway. I need to do some testing, actually, because I have it low in my precepts but I need to see if having it higher would cause it to trigger sooner...

Maybe having the Sacrifice precept activate one second after you go down would make sense, but stop if a friendly is reviving (prevents self-destruct).

On that note, Regen needs more lives (as many lives as there is ranks to the mod, making Primed Regen even more desirable), or the Sentinel needs to be respawnable in some manner - like a Replacement Sentinel calldown from Ordis, via the Landing Craft beacon item, and adding the following options:
1: Request replacement Sentinel: Cost: Sentinel XP, a small sum of credits.
2: Request Landing Craft support (Liset). 
2b: Request for Landing Craft support for other Landing Craft types are also listed beyond this point.