Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So can we talk about focus lenses.

(XBOX)SweatyPick3L

1 minute ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

They do need to mention these things after saying things like "we are changing the focus system"

They did mention it. They said acquisition of focus points would remain the same.

Edited by PoisonHD

I mean - sure we can talk about lenses, but...
Do you want to open the can?

During the post stream AMA, it turned out that that what will happen with lenses is not fleshed out (go dig trough the reddit), and the potential consequences are frightening. 
We still don't know :
a) How will the refund show up? - While some players have maxed all focus for the sake of "complete them all", let's be honest - majority have developed only half of a Naramon/Zenurik/Marudai focus tree. With good reasons. Will they just give the focus so you can spend in or everything or back to what you originally put it into. Imagine a world in Unairu meta.
b) How big will be the new talent tree? Will new or semi hardcore players be shafted majorly by that?
c) Will all used lenses pop back up in our inventory? 

PS: Expect the worst. No global refund, no lenses back in inventory and a big tree that disregards anyone that did not have focus over the limit in spades. I don't want to be nasty towards DE, but... We have seen changes like that happening before.

Edited by phoenix1992

8 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

I mean - sure we can talk about lenses, but...
Do you want to open the can?

During the post stream AMA, it turned out that that what will happen with lenses is not fleshed out (go dig trough the reddit), and the potential consequences are frightening. 
We still don't know :
a) How will the refund show up? - While some players have maxed all focus for the sake of "complete them all", let's be honest - majority have developed only half of a Naramon/Zenurik/Marudai focus tree. With good reasons. Will they just give the focus so you can spend in or everything or back to what you originally put it into. Imagine a world in Unairu meta.
b) How big will be the new talent tree? Will new or semi hardcore players be shafted majorly by that?
c) Will all used lenses pop back up in our inventory? 

A. This is pretty simple, they are simply refunding what you invested into your focus tree, it's not complicated. If you invested a million points into Zenurik, and have another million univested, you'll have two million to invest after the refund.

B. Can't say anything on this one, but they would try to keep it fair I would think.

C. They are thinking about it, it was originally brought up in the AMA on Reddit and that was the response.

EDIT: We don't need to expect the worst. They said they are going to do a focus refund, not reset, so we will get a refund of our points in each tree to reinvest. They are thinking about putting lenses back in your inventory, but even if they don't it's not a problem because lenses are cheap and relatively easy to come by. I don't know what's with all the doom and gloom, it makes zero sense.

Edited by PoisonHD

1 minute ago, PoisonHD said:

A. This is pretty simple, they are simply refunding what you invested into your focus tree, it's not complicated. If you invested a million points into Zenurik, and have another million univested, you'll have two million to invest after the refund.

Not like that.

If I have 2 million invested in Zenurik, and 500k in Marudai - Will the refund be applied only to the specific fosus or it will enter a neutral pool.

So for example in the listed scenario on PoE launch, will I :
a) Have 2 million to spend only in Zenurik and 500k to spend only in Marudai 
or
b) Have 2.5 million to spend whenever the hell I want.

PS: I know I am speaking in small numbers, but this is for the sake of simplicity, not for the actual numbers most players have.

a)  I suspect refunding to the school it currently belongs to will be the simple option they go for.  Giving people universal points to spend anywhere seems unnecessarily complex and totalling it all up and spreading evenly would be likely disappointing.
b) I'm hoping they have the forethought to put a Focus sink in there, a reason to keep spending Focus even once you've got the 'one & done' options.  Perhaps a 'prism' that allows you to convert Focus to another school and/or convert a lens to another school (partly solving the issue in a)?
c) I sincerely hope not.  I don't want to have to reinstall over 20 lenses.

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

Not like that.

If I have 2 million invested in Zenurik, and 500k in Marudai - Will the refund be applied only to the specific fosus or it will enter a neutral pool.

So for example in the listed scenario on PoE launch, will I :
a) Have 2 million to spend only in Zenurik and 500k to spend only in Marudai 
or
b) Have 2.5 million to spend whenever the hell I want.

PS: I know I am speaking in small numbers, but this is for the sake of simplicity, not for the actual numbers most players have.

Yeah, I used small numbers for the same reason.

It will be for each tree, there are no neutral pools for focus points now, so why should we expect one for the refund? I personally wouldn't even want them in a neutral pool.

Edited by PoisonHD

6 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Yeah, I used small numbers for the same reason.

It will be for each tree, there are no neutral pools for focus points now, so why should we expect one for the refund?

Because unlike of when the Focus tree 1.0 launched,  we are talking about almost 2 years of player decision considering lenses, upon established information. Yes, sure - the first lens was a shoot in the dark (especially in the first week of U18), but after that it is well defined investment on a scale bigger than Mods or Gear.  

Player Placeholder A in practice has put a lot of resources and time in order to attain a result that was also limited by daily cap. I mean, make no mistake - I don't cry for freebies and to be honest I would not care about how exactly will the refund happen, but if they refund this focus power based on what the focus trees were for the past 2 years, there will be a non small issue. And anyone that wants a refund of neutral affinity would not be wrong to ask for it.

Edited by phoenix1992

6 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Because unlike of when the Focus tree 1.0 launched,  we are talking about a almost 2 years of player decision considering lenses, upon established information. Yes, sure - the first lens was a shoot in the dark (especially in the first week of U18), but after that it is well defined investment on a scale bigger than Mods or Gear.  

Player Placeholder A in practice has put a lot of resources and time in order to attain a result that was also limited by daily cap. I mean, make no mistake - I don't cry for freebies and to be honest I would not care about how exactly will the refund happen, but if they refund this focus power based on what the focus trees were for the past 2 years, there will be a non small issue. And anyone that wants a refund of neutral affinity would not be wrong to ask for it.

We all knew focus would be completely changed at one point, and everyone invested (some more heavily then others) in spite of that. I personally didn't put much into my focus trees, I got the bare minimum for Energy Overflow, and a bit more then what Shadow Step needs in Narmon. So I still think that it will be tree specific.

Edited by PoisonHD